November 23, 2014 | 1644 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Derma E - Psorzema Natural Relief Creme

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

PROS: Price is more than fair. (I get it cheaper -- about $20 for 4 oz. -- at places like Vitacost online.) Wonderful, gentle relief for my most dry skin that is very sensitive too. Light, whipped texture.

CONS: THis is not a cure-all. I still need to use cortizone occasionally, but not near as often as I used to. Even though I can use this in sensitive areas on my body, like breast area, I cannot use it on my face without burning. Probably because I also use a retinol product. I don't know. Some will not like that this comes in a jar, but I don't really mind.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

First off, I have psoriasis, and have had it for over 15 years. It has moved around over the years, first knees, then elbows, then armpits, and for the last 8-10 years, it has been on the palms of my hands (the most annoying of all places as you can imagine). I am always looking for a soothing moisturizing lotion/cream to use on my hands during the daytime or as a base prior to applying the thick cortisones (I find when my skin is a bit moist and not flaky dry, the cortisones sink in better). This Psorzema Creme is amazing, it really sinks in right away and leaves no greasy residue at all (which is important to me because I hate it when my hands are greasy!) -- visually, it is a white lightweight cream that comes in a 4oz jar (almost Nozema cream texture), is essentially fragrance-free (only if I sniff the jar hard enough, can smell very very faint herbal, which could be from the neem, burdock and bearberry this label says the cream contains). I can't comment if it really relieves itching or not because I have had psoriasis for so long that my hands have been in pain for over 15 years and I am just so desensitized, but it definitely feels soothing on my severe psoriasis and when used in conjunction with my cortisone cream, seems to help the cortisone's effectiveness. I took off one lippie because I wish this cream were in a tube instead of a jar, but overall, this cream is a winner in my books. Even if I didn't have psoriasis, I would use it as a hand cream! From now on, I won't be using other hand creams for daytime other than this one. I am so glad I discovered this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 10:45:00 AM More reviews by jfcookie999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this for me and my son. I have been using it on my face. My face gets red, dry and itchy spots all over it during the winter and this has helped keep it under control. My son has eczema on the inside of his elbows, he itches it like crazy and this has made a big difference for him. After one week of using this product the inflammation has gone down significantly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2012 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Retromom104

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I suffer from SD around my eyebrows, eyelids and nose. Over the years, I have tried everything (or so it seems) to keep my SD under control.

In the past, I have tried many products that include many of the active ingredients that are in this cream but nothing worked like this. I will not be without this cream again.

If left alone, my eyelids turn bright red, scale up and peel every 3-4 days. It looks awful and itches like crazy. They only thing that has worked in the past is cortizone. Now, I know not only does your skin become dependant on Cortizone but it's horrible for your eyes and ages your skin but like I said before, it was the only thing I could use on my SD so I could go out in public without scaring small children.

Then I tried this.........

I have been cortisone free for several weeks now. In my mind, it's a miracle! No redness, no itching, no scaling. I feel that in time, this will heal my hot spots and keep them at bay. With no steroids. No parabens. I never though it was possible.

My husband also has eczema and is loving both this cream and the body wash. When I finish up my facial cleansers, I will be using this as well.

I wish this came in better packaging like a pump or tube or something but I will take it anyway I can get it. Not a deal breaker for me.

I bought this at my local natural market but have seen it at Ulta and Wegmans as well. I paid around $13 for a large tub and it's worth it's weight in gold.

**UPDATE** this is now my HG. If I could give this product 10 stars, I would. Even my husband is loving it as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 12:54:00 PM More reviews by BettyOrgSouth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Neem Cream goes beyond moisturizing, it has healed my skin issues.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/6/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by MizMestiza

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would not purchase this product again. I believe it has harmful preservatives, and I don't agree with buying products with preservatives and petrolatum which actually serve to irritate and harm skin. The cream worked to a certain degree, but I will not use it again due to the previously mentioned reasons.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by EyelinerLover

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This works great for me. I often have a couple small eczema patches on my eyelids and around my eyes, probably from wearing makeup. Just a couple dabs of this covers it great, I leave it to soak in, and it works like a charm! Just this morning I used it on a patch that was pretty red, scaly, and extremely noticeable and now, evening, it has gone down a lot and I'm sure in a day or two with continued use it will be gone completely!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by stellarfungi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Me: 22, combination skin - oily nose/chin, dry & sensitive cheeks/forehead, red all over.

The product: I received a sample of this from Derma E, so I can't speak of the packaging. Pricing ranges anywhere from $11 to $20 for 4 ounces. This is a nicely-textured cream, not as thick as Eucerin Q10 but definitely thicker than your average lotion. The extracts that are supposed to give the Psorzema Creme its oomph are surprisingly high up on the ingredients list - a very good thing. They include extracts like chamomile (a well-known anti-inflammatory and skin-soother) and bearberry (containing a high amount of the potent skin whitener Arbutin.)

My experience: Right now, I'd give this a 3.5. MUA doesn't allow that, so I'm giving it 4 lippies. It's hard to decide how I feel because I had only a sample that lasted me about 5 nights use. I found that it moisturized well, sunk in easily (a miracle, considering it contains one of my skin's most hated ingredients, jojoba oil) and did not irritate my skin. However, it also did not ease the itching that has plagued my face for a long time now. Since it is expressly advertised as a soothing, anti-itch cream, its lack of effect was a disappointment. Then again, it would probably be far more effective if I had a jar of it and could use it more often. I'm on the fence as to whether I will purchase it, but I would also like to try the two other products in the Psorzema line - a lotion (with no jojoba oil in it) and the body wash. In that respect, I will probably be purchasing SOMETHING under the Psorzema name, whether it is the cream or a different item. And again, while this did not ease the irritation already present in my skin, it did not antagonize and irritate my skin in any new ways and it DID moisturize as well as I expect a cream to do, which is a lot. If you don't have constantly itchy skin and are looking for a good night cream, I think you could do far worse!

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Melia Azadirachta (Neem) Leaf Extract, Arctium Lappa (Burdock) Root Extract, Organic Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Zanthoxylum Zanthoxyloides (Fagara) Bark Extract, Arcostaphylos Uva Ursi (Bearberry) Leaf Extract, Coptis Chinensis (Chinese Golden Thread) Root Extract, Berberis Aquifolium (Barberry) Extract, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate and Peg-100 Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Allantoin, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hydroxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Potassium Sorbate. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2009 1:46:00 PM More reviews by biscotte

First i must say I don't have eczema. My face is acne prone. My acne is well controlled with retin a micro, but it makes my skin irritated and dry.
After reading the ingredients on this product, i decided to try it as a facial moisturizer. It works great. Doesn't clog pores at all and moisturizes extremely well.

During summer i prefer the pycnogenol gel, but in the winter i was looking for something more moisturizing. Most of the Derma E moisturizing creams have caprylic triglyceride at the top of their ingredient list, which i find clogs my pores after a few weeks of use.

This one is just perfect!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 12:54:00 AM More reviews by aizen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have SD & acne prone ,unknown small bump around my cheek.also tend to get allergic reaction easy,99% skin care I can react,I got sample of this creame. one night I got skin rush after I used new cleanser, around cheek area I got very itchy,red, many small bump also mosquite bite like red bamp.so I used this cream as it's has writing that treat for itchy skin insted of using steroid oitment,
wow! stop itchy and my skin has no any red bamp and no itchy next morning. I still can't belive how it's works such well with my skin???
I've been trying low to high end cosmetic from all over the world and
most product I get react,