August 1, 2014 | 1754 users online

Eyeliner - Clinique - CreamShapers Duo in Sable/Mink

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2008 9:59:00 PM More reviews by gphibgoddess19

I bought this when it came to my local store a few months back. I had trouble choosing between the cream shaper duos, but finally picked this one. And even though I am glad I own this, it's a double-edged sword because it is LE. There really is not more that I can add to the descriptions given below, other than that I often mix both colors. When I do this, on my eye it looks the same as MAC's Lithograph fluidline, which was also LE. The lasting power of the pencil is not as good as gel e/l's, obviously, but cream shapers are the best long-lasting pencil I've tried (beats MUFE Aqua Eyes, MAC PP's and Kohls, UD 24/7's imo). I will have to cave and buy another one, even though I am not one to buy backups. I will probably email Clinique and recommend making both of these colors part of the permanent collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2008 6:41:00 PM More reviews by mellody43

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think the previous reviewer has it backwards -- the Sable is the silvery/purpley taupe color and Mink is the deep brown shade.

These are GORGEOUS, easy to apply, smudge-able -- just beautiful. FYI the Sable color is like MAC Moth Brown in an eyeliner - more intense since the consistency is creamy but pretty darned close!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 9:48:00 AM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm a big fan of the creamshapers so I just had to get this one. I hear these duo pencils released with the spring collection 2008 are LE. They should make the gorgeous Mink/Sable one part of the permanent line though!

Mink is a shimmery grey (taupe-ish) and Sable is a dark brown/black shade with hints of gray in it. My favorite of the two is Mink, such a stunning and unique color!

I have to agree with the other reviewers. This pencil is a HG use every day pencil. The colors are very versatile, goes with many e/s colors... As always the quality of the creamshapers is just amazing. I love how easy they are to apply. So soft and creamy, still does not smudge and they do last all day long. Really great lasting power compared with other e/l pencils.The creamshapers are fantastic!
I would definitely repurchase if it wasn't LE. The price is pretty good! Especially considering that you get two different colors. I paid 140 SEK for this duo pencil. That's just a tiny bit more than what you pay for some d/s e/l pencils. I say that's a good deal.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2008 4:57:00 AM More reviews by Angieshel

I agree with the other reviewer that suggests that they should make these part of the permanent line of e/l's. The lighter taupe color is absolutely beautiful! On my skin, it makes a really great smoky effect. Think I'll try pairing it with black and smudging it out....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the other reviewer. Great product. The duo in Sable Mink is a HG use every day type of product. It retails for $13.50 and is as long as a usual cream shaper liner but with one color on each end. Sable is a dark grey /black brown shade. Like espresso. Not too stark black and not too light brown. Great for lining inner rims or on the lids. Mink is stunning. A shimmery taupey grey. Not too light. Great for lining. I find these last all day with minimal smudging. One of my favorite pencil liners on the market. Great everyday, everywhere, goes with everything liner duo!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2008 10:41:00 AM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love, love, love this duo. I only purchase Clinique product when I truly fall in love, as I am an SA and get gratis (free product) but these are LE (dang,dang,dangity,dang), so I had to buy this. The Mink side is a deep, rich, dark brown, like a good brewed cup of black coffee and the Sable side is a rich deep taupe which I have been using the past couple of days. Like other creamshapers these are extremely long wearing and do not smudge or smear. I really wish they would bring some of the colors out in singles and maybe if these sell well, perhaps they will.
I think the Sable side of this will get worn down pretty quickly for me.
If they do bring them out in singles, this will probably be an HG for me, along with my Chocolate Lustre.