September 3, 2014 | 1393 users online

Liquid - LORAC - Breakthrough Performance Oil Free Anti-aging with sms complex spf 14

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by Lilcrystalline

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

This is probably my HG foundation - I find myself buying it over and over, even when I try something new, inevitably I come back to this. My skin always rejoices when I apply this, as it applies like a light moisturizer: "wet" but not greasy, cooling on the skin, and after a few minutes it sinks into my skin and doesn't look cakey or mask-like in the slightest.

My skin suffers from slight redness through the cheeks, acne through my t-zone (particularly my chin) and it's combination (More-so on the dry side). Many foundations slide off or disappear quickly through my t-zone, and accentuate the dryness on my cheeks. This has yet to do that, even whilst buffing the foundation in. It evens out my redness without washing me out; my skin still looks 'real' after application. If I've got older marks from spots they're easily covered by this sheer-medium coverage, but anything red and angry definitely needs spot concealing.

One of the downfalls is the colour-range. I find that the lightest shade generally matches me through the warmer months, but can be (slightly) too dark in the winter. The lightest shade has a fairly strong yellow undertone, in my opinion. I can't speak for all the shades, but you may want to pass if you've got cooler toned skin.

I will say this is very dewy, and I generally give a good ten minutes between my moisturizer and my base makeup. The staying power without a primer (on me) is around 4-6 hours, which was frustrating as I love the finish, but I generally don't have time (nor the will) to reapply midway through the day. When combined with any of my primers/bases (HG Mineral Veil, Illamasqua's hydra veil or matte primer) it lasts about 8-12 hours, which is adequate enough for me, unless going out for the night. Personally I wouldn't wear this foundation or at night for photographs, though I haven't noticed major flashback issues. MUFE HD is my "photography" foundation (and unfortunately it photographs better than it wears IRL), but I digress...

On warmer days when my skin tends to be oilier and sweat, I sweep a light dusting of powder over this and it stays in place for a good 8 hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/25/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by milevamaric

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I suppose I don't have enough wear experience to adequately review this but my current free time is driving me to do so.

I used LORAC Natural Performance for years, when my skin was not over-dried, blemish-free, and flawless. I mistakenly switched over the summer, and it has been downhill since. I've tried countless high-end foundations, most of which have brokenly me out instantly.

Anyway, long story short, I found this online on sale for 20.00. I took the plunge and ordered it, and I'm very satisfied. I did a video side-by-side comparison with this and the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, and this prevails. It's dewier and equally light but provides more even coverage.

I do not think it has broken me out, but I'll have to update. (I do have 2 new pimples, but I'm assuming they are from a new skin serum I have introduced.)

UPDATE: My review has wavered. Perhaps because my skin quality has decreased due to dipping my hand in far too many cookie jars, and severely drying it out with benzoyl, but this formula doesn't seem to last very long. It seems to break down on my face. I am going to wait until my skin has healed and wear this for a week straight.

UPDATE: This regretfully breaks me out after continued usage. I wish this was not the case! To this day, the only foundation that does not break me out with continued usage is Lorac Natural Performance. A shame, because I am not particularly impressed with the formula or wear.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by kellyyyy

This foundation is awesome! It says that it's a sheer to medium coverage foundation but I disagree. Definitely medium that can be built up for full coverage. It lasts all day and isn't cakey. Love it!!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 2:03:00 AM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got a sample of this from Sephora. My Make Up Forever HD foundation bottle leaked everywhere after a flight. It was awesome in terms of coverage, color, texture, and lasting power, but irritated my sensitive skin so that I couldn't wear it every day. I asked a saleswoman which foundation she recommended for super sensitive skin, and she suggested this one. It really doesn't work for me. The first problem was that I couldn't get a good color match, but the color was at least passable until it oxidized and turned my face orange. Not cool. Second, the texture and lasting power don't compare to the quality of MUFE HD. It goes on very wet and a little too sheer. If you try to build coverage it gets cakey. Even worse, it creases and makes any dry skin flakes stand out. I'm going to pass on purchasing this and keep up my search.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by danivolk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This replaced my PTR foundation. I would say it has a sheer/medium finish so if you need more coverage I wouldn't recommend. One pump is perfect coverage for me. I LOVE the pump feature. I have combo skin which tends to breakout from certain ingredients. This has yet to break me out. I would say the bottle will last me 6 months of weekday and the occasional weekend use. Not sure if it is helping with lines but my skin does look better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by Fcmalik

This is my HG foundation for about 4 years now. Its not too thick and cakey and its not sheer either. I think it gives perfect coverage for my skin without ever breaking me out. The foundation is long lasting and provides medium coverage for my combination skin. I would recommend this foundation for people with acne prone or normal skin who want medium to light coverage.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I really wanted to love this. I loved the packaging and liked how long the foundation lasted on me. That was about where it stopped though. From there I had caking in certain spots (so it looked spotty too), it didn't cover redness around my nose at all but was fine with my cheeks, and I broke out in acne. It's one of the rare (5-10) high end foundations I've tried. So far nothing impresses me and I'm still on the look out for the HG of foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2012 11:59:00 AM More reviews by musika81

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I NEVER write reviews on products but I am so happy with this foundation, I had to share. I have extremely sensitive, acne prone skin, even more so now that I'm 30. Every "oil free" foundation I have tried, drugstore, to high end including all of Clinique's (which used to be great for me, but they have changed their formula's in the last few years, they all make me break out in horrible cystic acne), Dior, Estee Lauder, Clarins, all the mineral foundations by various brands (which make me itch) and most recently Lancome. The only foundation I have had some luck with lately is Lancome's Fresh Wear, but it still gives me a few breakouts and the fragrance in it causes some allergic rashes. However better than nothing. I stumbled across this foundation at Ulta, and gave it a try. WOW! I love the look. It is very light feeling, doesn't make my face itch thank god, no rashes, and just smooths out my skin to give a polished look. It does not settle into my lines or pores. It doesn't dry my skin out nor does it make it feel oily like some other "oil free" foundations I've tried. No acne breakouts so far. It lasts all day on me, from early morning before work, to the time I wash it off, and I have a oily t-zone. So if you have very sensitive skin and can't seem to find anything that works, try this brand. If you like heavy coverage, this is buildable with a foundation brush, but if you need heavy foundation in my opinion, your skin is trying to tell you something! I have yet to try Lorac's other products in her line, but definitely will now.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2012 6:04:00 PM More reviews by Boxerface

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A kind salesgirl at Sephora suggested we try LORAC Breakthrough Performance Oil Free Anti Aging foundation. My daughter was suffering with super dry sensitive skin from some medication she was on. The SA at Sephora suggested LORAC, 1 because it came in the lightest shade. She is porcelain white and needed makeup in that shade. And 2 it works great on dry skin. It does not make your skin more dry. In fact for anyone on the boards askinig for a foundation for dry skin, Hands down this is the best if you suffer with dry flaky itchy sensitive skin. It was wonderfful for her.

If you are looking for a foundation that blends nicely and does not look like you are wearing make up.... this is it.

It does not cover acne or scars super well. It tends to cover lightly. If you want a heavy coverage avoid this one. It is not for you. This is a light foundation with a powder soft finish. It goes on fairly smooth and takes a few minutes to really dry. Not fast drying like Revlons Colors Stay or fast like ELDW.

Recently while doing my own new search for a new foundation, I tried this Lorac. The shade 1 porcelain is a little too light for me. I normally wear NC20, Bone in ELDW and 104 in Clarins. I need to pick up the next shade up maybe 2 or 3. Undertone yellow.

Does it last?

Not the way some cosmetics do, but it is great on skin. It make my skin feel healthy. I am in my 40s and I need all the moisture and gentleness I can find.

This foundation is great if your skin is healthy on the dry side and needing that extra moisture. It is not for girls who are oily or combo skin. It is not going to last on people with lots of oil producing glands.. In fact I would say your foundation will just slide right off your face. One negative is that the shade options are very limited. If you are multi racial, latina or asian you might be frustrated with the 7 shade options.

It is not cheap. I guess it is one of the more healthy foundation it is probably worth the $40 a bottle. The pump dispenser is perfect.

I plan to get this in the darker shade. Is it my HG? No still searching for the elusive HG.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/14/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by lingysnowbunnie

I liked this foundation for the Winter because my skin tends to be more dry then. It's very fluid and feels moisturizing. The coverage is light to medium. Medium on the lighter side. The color is nice. It matched my skin. I am between a mix of olive and yellow tone so I can wear both neutral and yellow based foundations. I get a little bit oily around my t-zone so by about mid day, the foundation has completely sheer around my nose and chin. It does rub on everything. I usually set it with a powder to try to make it last a little longer but it'll still get pretty oily by mid day. This is the first liquid foundation I've tried that did not break me out though. It does feel very nice and goes on pretty nicely. I don't think there's any smell to the foundation because I didn't smell any. The retractable pump is nice. Although sometimes when I push on the pump, it retracted the pump back inside instead. That didn't bother me much.

I don't think I would purchase this again because I like to have a fuller coverage during the winter. I would like this for the coverage during the summer but I get really oily in the summer so it would only get worst (picture makeup melting off face, yuck!).