September 23, 2014 | 1443 users online

Liquid - Laneige - Laneige Snow Crystal Dual Foundation

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 2:17:00 AM More reviews by mickey5252

This review is for the White Plus Renew foundation, blue bottle with a highlighter on the top.

This foundation comes in 4 shade and I got the second lightest shade which initially was a good match for my NC25 skin tone, but after about an hour it oxidizes, and it has turn a shade too dark for me.

This is a very hydrating foundation, but I found the coverage to be pretty low, even some of my BB creams has got greater coverage than this. Personally I would never consider this a foundation but more of a tinted moisturizer...

Although I didn't really like the foundation, I kind of like the highligther, I usually tend to favor liquids for the winter and powder for spring/autumm, and I do stay away from highlighters in the summer, because it tends to make me look greasy....). I've never tried cream highlighters before, and I love the effect, it's easy to control and it makes me glow (not glitter ball), but a very healthy glow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2012 5:42:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Have been testing many, many foundations (in USA, Canada, also in Singapore and China). Little difficult to test skincare products in China as they don't give out samples (even Sephora!), however I was lucky to get some. While in Asia, started loving Laneige line and was really excited to try their foundation too. Snow Crystal Dual foundation reminds me of G. Armani Lasting Silk UV foundation, just more creamy/dovy. The only down side - they have only two pale shades in store (!!!). However, shade 21 worked well for me (during winter time only).
Pros:
- Very light, dovy texture, easy to apply
- Lasts long enough and looks natural
- Nice, light scent
Cons:
- Horrible bottle, did not like the pump that is upside down (bottle is a mess after each use)
- Expensive (and hard to find in stores)
- Only two shades (wish they had darker ones)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/10/2012 1:38:00 PM More reviews by NotoriousCharity

I loved the dual concealer/foundation idea and the concealer was awesome for areas that needed more coverage. It came in a very pretty white/clear bottle with a pump dispenser and silver snowflakes decorating the sides. I liked the scent however, it may be too perfume like for others. The foundation was a light liquidity texture that blends easily. However, the color oxidizes easily it would match when I first put it on but at the end of the day it would be darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 6:00:00 PM More reviews by miiyuu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Other

i love the packaging! extremely hygienic and feels like it keeps the product fresh since it is never exposed to air. works like a pump with a unique twist. push down the top, and the middle pumps out as much as you need with the rest of the surface area to use a brush to pick up the product.

love the colour - (matches my skin tone), texture (smooth and covers pores well), coverage (could be dry without proper prepping and skin care).

downside: not sure how much is left, but it last quite a while.
i got the laneige with the white brightening, which i never use b/c not sure how to (consistency is weird for my preference too - very creamy). would be better to omit that part out then having the dual.

(i'm chinese, fair skinned, age 25-30, dry combo skin, clear skin, though with large pores, light makeup user)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/19/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by swtxdreams

i really like the built in concealer. it makes the $44 price tag worth it.

the foundation is ok. it matches really well with my skin but after a couple hours, it starts to cake. somewhat mortifying so i stopped using it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2011 3:57:00 AM More reviews by amisa28

I've searched about peoples reviews on this product and most of them said 'sheer coverage and oily'' but then a friend bought it and said its brilliant makes your face glowy and radiant, which i myself saw from her pictures so i went to laneige store bought it and tried it the next day. I have no problems with the packaging, nice smell, the foundation is light not sticky. Normally i scrub my face first (multiberry) before using any foundation to make sure the product sinks in nicely to my skin. I have oliy combination skin which always breaks me out with new products (faceshop, skinfood), i usually use clinique products such as the moisturiser.

Upon application of the foundation using my fingers it sinks in quickly sheer coverage which is what im looking for. After application it looks like you are wearing your own natural skin rather than fake looking which is great if you are not using tons of eyeshadows and thick eyelashes. It nicely covers my slightly dark chin and few dark spots. The highlighter is great too; its glittery.

The only problem i have is after 5 hours of usage my face is very oily (more than usual) but still glowy and dewy. Im not sure to love or hate but this oiliness makes me uncomfortable. I spent my day mostly in air conditioned area and the weather here is always hot (brunei). I will update again and see if i can find a way around it.

8/1/12- i truly love it! It makes my skin glowy, moisturised and good coverage. Will repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/10/2011 11:40:00 PM More reviews by efroggys

Okay, if you have Combination/Oily skin, DO NOT buy this product. Chances are if you are oily or combo you also have acne-prone skin and acne marks, not only will this foundation not cover your redness, marks and scars, it will NOT last on even somewhat oily skin. Being a student, this product just isn't practical. Yeah your skin looks nice when you put it on, but give it some time and your skin will look cakey or the foundation will be gone.
Most BB creams don't last long on my oily skin, and they are a bit too sheer, but what I like about them is they fade, they don't cake up, and they have skincare properties. This foundation is sheer like a bb cream, and spreads like one, but it looks cakey like a foundation, and definitely feels like a foundation.
Overall, I would not recommend this product, even to dry skin people simply because it does not last for any practical amount of time and its way overpriced. If it was $10-$15 i would say try it, but at $30-$45 depending on where you buy, it's SO not worth it.
(I would recommend laneige skincare though)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2011 8:10:00 AM More reviews by nekolim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had combination skin, with super active pores on my T zone, and uneven skin tone. Wearing this alone gives you a sheer coverage, unless you re-apply 2-3 times all over your face. Like the scent tho. Refreshing scent.. ah.. so Laneige.
How ever, this product does not stay long/ stick on my face >4hours, have to re-apply the thing. Find it difficult to blend in, maybe it's my cheapskate foundation brush? My face doesn't look like a glowing globe with it, pores felt light, breathable, and just an average sheer foundation.

The highlight cream on the cap- use it to highlight my flat nose, I would prefer other alternative, doesn't blend in easy as well. -.-" Perhaps same raw material? Anyway, nice packaging, scent and fine with the price charged. Oh, and high spf of 41++ too!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/20/2011 9:16:00 AM More reviews by ffchik87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this product so bad but had to face the hard truth that it wasn't right for my skin....I am a big fan of Bubz Beauty(youtube blogger) and she raves and raves about this product. I was hesitant at first because my skin is really fair, but I decided to try it anyways. For about $40 I bought this product and wasn't in love with it. I love the finish that it gave my skin(it looked dewy and not chalky or greasy). Along with this I like the coverage as well. However, it was too dark for my skin and it looked cakey in the sun(because you could see that it didn't match my skin color. What was even worse was that it made get acne under my skin. It also smears kind of easy. I just don't think this is a good foundation for fair complected people.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by realpeak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

If you are looking for light coverage then you may like this, however, I think provides just a little too less coverage for my liking. It just about masks redness but doesn't do much besides that. I do not like using concealer so I don't really want to go through the hassle of using concealer and then foundation ontop to be honest. There is an included concealer with this but it is rather dry in consistency and doesn't provide much coverage either.

The liquid is watery yet still manages to be slightly creamy. It feels lightweight upon application but as the day goes on, I can feel it getting heavier on my skin. It provides decent hydration but for the warmer months it tends to make my skin get oily in the t-zone (I have normal skin) and the staying power is not too good at all, 5 hours before I feel like it's starting to melt off. I find the tones to be slightly too pink for my yellow toned skin but it's not too bad.

Perhaps if you have dry skin, need light coverage and your skin is in good condition, this may work for you. But I do not find myself reaching for it.