November 25, 2014 | 1775 users online

Gels/Soaps - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil Body Wash

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by RMGoddard01

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I loved this, this was the best smelling most amazingly moisturizing product. They've discontinued it and I'd picket for them to bring it back. I've written to the company complaining. If you found a case of it I'd buy it today, seriously. It was simply the best body wash I'd ever used and I've used EVERYTHING I'm a body wash junkie I never use soap.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2008 11:53:00 AM More reviews by ekelur

This stuff is clear, and comes in a clear bottle with a pink cap. The similarities to baby oil end there. It smells nothing like baby oil (unless it's been reformulated to smell like flowery glue). It stinks. It moisturizes nothing like baby oil. This is only marginally more moisturizing than my Dr. Bronner's liquid soap, which is the opposite of moisturizing. The only thing this stuff has going for it is the package. I love the bottle, and wish all shower gels came like this. I wish there was a way to take off the cap, throw this stuff away, and put a good shower gel in there instead. Yuck.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by bailey22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Ok, so I stumbled on this at my local treasure Island store(kind of like jewel merged with whole foods store). Anyway, I have recently spotted&purchased my 2nd bottle at target for less than $4. The bottle is a good shape, cute and girly while simple. I just have a little trouble with the cap- it's a little hard to open esp. if hands are wet- definitely need 2 hands to pop it open.
The smell is almost like a white tea scent but still soft and pretty and baby-like. It really isn't cloying at all. Unlike other reviews, I get a great lather from this on my pouf- and in a bubble bath too. My skin is nice and super smooth after using it.
My favorite thing about it is that I do not get any allergic reactions after using it. It's hard not to be able to use all those fancy fantastic body washes out there that everyone loves. Now I feel and smell pretty again with no weird reactions!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 10:19:00 PM More reviews by Green4ngel

I am almost finished with my second bottle of this. I found it when I was registering for my baby shower a few months ago, and it has made my skin so smooth. I also use it to shave. The scent is nothing remarkable, but it doesn't make me sick to my stomach which is really the only requirement I've had recently. It does lather much better on a pouf than a washcloth. My husband comments all the time on how soft my skin is. I do typically use a separate moisturizer after my shower (trying to prevent stretch marks), but the few times I have been too lazy to moisturize my skin hasn't felt dry or tight. I think it's a great product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 5:12:00 PM More reviews by lunyc

I was so excited to find this new baby oil body wash, since I love the idea of having baby oil in my body wash, but alas, I hate that it does not lather up! I don't feel like it's cleaning my skin! Plus, I have to use a lot on my washcloth to even get any soapy type texture to it. I am almost done with the bottle in less than a week because of the amount I have to use to get some satisfaction. I will mix the last bit I have left with a foaming body wash and see if that works better. It does leave my skin soft and non-greasy afterwards, but I still don't like the non-clean feeling I get in the shower when I use it. I will not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/4/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by annemosca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Stinks. I mean really, really stinks. I was SO excited to buy this, but I THOUGHT it would smell like Johnson's Baby Oil. It doesn't. It smells AWFUL. I wouldn't take this product for free.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by icarriedawatermelon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I wanted to love this. I actually was stalking it after seeing a print ad in a magazine.
I was looking for a moisturizing body wash and felt like the Johnsons baby scent would just make it better!
I was WRONG.
It isnt at all moisturizing. I figured it would have an oily feel to it, but it doesnt. It doesnt stay on the skin at all once you rinse it off and you will still need a moisturizer after showering.
The fragrance isnt great either. It isnt the tradiotional Johnsons baby smell, so I was disappointed.
All in all, my search for a great smelling and moisturizing body wash continues.
I wont buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2008 10:20:00 PM More reviews by jamiemp

I stumbled upon this little gem while picking up shampoo and soap for my kids at Target. So, look for this in the baby skincare aisle. This is baby oil BODY WASH, and it rules!! It comes in a clear bottle with the classic Johnson's baby pink packaging, It looks like baby oil, but is a wash. Yes, it lathers on a pouf or in your hand, and it smells a lot better than the traditional pink scent (which I, personally, can't stand). It's a soap, yet treats your skin as though it's baby oil. You don't need lotion after showering, but you're not greasy. This little miracle is less than 5 bucks, if I remember correctly. Even my husband, who has problem skin, adores it. Just fabulous!