September 2, 2014 | 1746 users online

Powder - Mineralogie

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 1:04:00 AM More reviews by ryegirl1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been using mineralogie loose mineral foundation for 9 months now. I LOVE IT ! ! ! I can't say enough good things about it. (I kick myself all the time wishing I had known about this stuff 10 years ago) I'm a total make up junkie and this foundation has transformed my skin. I have struggled with cystic acne for 12 years (beginning when i turned 18) I have even been on accutane. About a year after my accutane cycle, my acne began to return. Although it never reached the severity it had been before, it still was a definite problem. I went back on antibiotics for another year and just simply decided I can't live on them forever. Plus, if ever I really got sick I was afraid I would be resistant. I have had many dermatologist and all of them told me my acne was not related to make-up wearing. This past spring I read a book recommended on the skinfitaustin website called "Acne RX" written by one of the dermatologists who helped develop Retin A. This book clearly explained the acne cycle and how it is effected by everything you put on your skin (which was the total opposite of everything my former dermatologists had told me). I don't live in Texas so I am not a client of the Skin Fit Austin clinic. However, since I ran into that site and read the recommended book and changed all my skin products based upon their ingredients, my skin has completely cleared for the first time sInce I was 18 all on my own without the help of a dermatologist.

One of the only makeups the skinfitaustin.com Specialists recommends is "mineralogie!" Now I know why. This is unlike any other mineral make up I have ever tried. It actually stays on ...... ALL DAY LONG! I am a teacher and my make up goes on at 7:00 AM and stays on until I wash it off around 10:30 PM. Even when I splash it with water you can feel its water resistant ability. It doesn't come off until you put soap on your face. You don't have to scrub like you would with Estée Lauder DW or Revlon Color stay, but it does take soap to dissolve it. It is not shiny, they have a HUGE range of colors and certain places custom blend. I didn't have that luxury, but knowing that I'm really pale (I knew I would try out to their lightest shades) I got a couple samples off their online website and was able to find a match. It also contains a SPF 26, wow! It with stands the sun and humidity of Florida summers.

Within the 9 months of using their products I have already been a repeat customer. My favorite is their loose foundation, which can be ordered in a dispenser brush if I you so choose (they have other options) In October I ordered their refill vial so that I can refill my dispenser brush. I am addicted for LIFE! I am the worst morning person in the world and admit that I am guilty of being a stoplight make up applier. Although I don't condone this habit, my morning commute allows me plenty of red lights to finish the task. All this necessary to comment because I can easily and quickly put on my foundation without making a mess. My skin is clear enough now to not wear any makeup, but I have a lot of hyper pigmentation and prefer the even canvas these minerals provide. I even went back and ordered a blush in their demi (mini) dispenser brush. Although a girl loves to put on a full detailed makeup application, when it comes to day to day work wear I just want the job done. My foundation dispenser brush, blush dispenser brush, lipgloss and mascara make the day for me. I work with elementary children and the unfiltered truth of their words and a face without makeup is no match ha- ha LOL! "Miss, you look weird. What happened to your face"?

Thank You, Thank You Mineralogie for being a company that is a true innovator when it comes to mineral make up!!! My confidence in your high quality product is with a sincere heart and hope that anyone out there who reads this review will try it out and fall in love... Like Me! Happy. Makeup'ing ladies :-)

Oh yeah,... Often times they put discount codes on their Facebook page so all those on a budget keep your eye out.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2012 5:10:00 PM More reviews by minimad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have the Mineralogie Cream Concealer. Insert HUGE frown. Once again I have a product that promises undereye coverage but comes out so sheer that it does nothing more than highlight the problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by simkmel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

this is the HG!
By far th best makeup I have ever used. I had it custom to my skin at Spa La Rue, NJ and I get compliments on my skin whenever I am wearing it. No one can tell I have it on! Has SPF in it so I even rock it on the beach secretly. Even while on inense derm meds (retin-a and a daily topical cream that make my entire face peel), this make up saved me, and was sensitive enough for my then vunerlabe skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by ashthornton

I have not the best skin out there, acne, scars, circles under eyes (all thanks to my wonderful children!) but after going to the dermatologist and receiving a microdermabrasian they made me feel like a different person with this makeup. I bought the starter kit which came with the concealer, loose powder foundation and bronzer. The concealer has natural ingredients in it that helps heal any breakouts you have and the other takes any redness you have out and makes your face look beautiful without anything heavy! I am extremely happy I made a trip to the doctor and ended up buying this makeup. I have had thoughts to find something similar and cheaper in the mineral makeup category, but I think I will just stick with what does a great job even if I have to pay a little more, I know it works. I highly suggest this product to anyone that is interested in it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2008 4:44:00 PM More reviews by slim34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Mineralogie's mineral makeup! I have a color that is custom-blended to match my skin tone and it looks very natural. It is pretty easy to apply (it was my first attempt at mineral makeup, so it took some practice!). I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2008 8:58:00 PM More reviews by kashmir0_2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

. I have been using Mineralogie for almost 2 years and I love it. It is pure and clean. I get it at my Dermatologists office. It helps to have a retailer close, because you can match your skin color. I actually break out if I don't use it. It is the best, no shine. I get compliments on my skin now and that never happed before. I am fair so I have 2 colors the porcelain and the soft beige. I can blend the soft beige for when I get darker in the summer. I use a flocked sponge to apply the porcelain and then apply the soft beige with a mineral brush. It makes my skin look great. No shine and healthy. It is sheer, but layers nicely.I stiil use my Jane iredale as a concealer to hide the tough stuff. But Jane Iredale is too shiny and does nothing to improve my skin. Plus Mineralogie looks natural in sunlight. You can go to www.mineralogie.biz to find a retailer close to you. The cost is about 30 dollars a color but it lasts forever.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No