July 25, 2014 | 1777 users online

Foundations - Kett Hydro Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Susanfoster90

I bought this product after watching a popular makeup artist on you tube, he recommended this foundation and had nothing but praise to give about the staying power and flawless coverage. So I decided to buy this online it cost £22 which is quite expensive for a foundation! It stated that it can be used with a sponge or a airbrush machine, I just used a sponge. At first I did not like the application I felt it was very runny and had next to no coverage then trying different techniques such as using my sigma flat top kabuki brush I grew to like the coverage it did give an overall nice flawless coverage! After about an hour my face was extremely shinny ( even with a primer) and felt like my face was like an oil slick! Every time I used this product I had this effect. I also noticed after using this a couple of times my pores looked clogged and I formed tiny bumps all over my forehead! Overall not for me!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/18/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by mizera

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm just confused. I purchased a few products directly from Kett mainly because of Wayne Goss's raves. Whom I love but I don't understand why he likes this so much. He stated that with other products there is usually something, one thing, that will get to him after a while but with this product there's nothing. Well I'm not stupid I know how to apply foundation and make up in general and I'll tell you I'm so sorry to have to say this but it is actually the worst foundation I've ever used and not just for one reason. To start off, you don't even have to wash your brush afterwards - just hold it under the water and it rinses clean. I'm not kidding - try it. Therefore if any moisture or water touches your face the foundation will come off. It is the opposite of water resistant. It looks nice while on the skin but there are many others that are more skin-like. I have applied this with a water-based primer, without any primer, with a beauty blender, with a stippling brush and a buffing brush. It dries extremely fast therefore it makes it hard to blend.. You pretty much have to do one part of the face and then the other. Lastly I have never in my life used a foundation I could detect/feel on my skin more than this. (This is with any form of application) You can feel it on your skin. I hate to say all this because I want to love it so much. Which is another reason I've waited a while to review it - because I've been trying it over and over. Oh also, I got all the trial colors in the red based category and all the colors above the first one (R1) are so extremely red! Very very red. The only way I could get them to work would probably be to buy an adjuster. Now, I also bought the contour liquid (which it says on the bottle is also the Hydro foundation). I've never seen anything like this. It's the most horrible disaster ever made. It dries almost INSTANTLY. It's actually impossible to blend. I used it on my plain skin, on moisturized skin, on top of hydro foundation (with and without primer) and on just primer skin (with a water-based primer - like the product) and it's useless. The color is awesome but you just can't get it on the skin blended nice because it dries so fast and is very blotchy and spotty. I've tried applying it with fingers, with multiple brushes and even a wet sponge, In fact I called the company (nice people) and they suggested the wet sponge part and that still didn't work. I even mixed some of this with a moisturizer in a clean pot - just makes it worse. So this has all the problems as the foundation plus these. This is just a nightmare - I'm sorry to say
P.S. If anyone reading this is a NW20 and wants a list of foundation comparisons - I have a list prepared in my notebook for you.

11 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 1:18:00 PM More reviews by MsZabz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I own a Dinair airbrush system and I love it but I found that even though the makeup itself is a wonderful makeup, I didn't feel that it provided me with the best colour match. I'm half Asian and half Caucasian so I have a very fair Olive tone and when wearing foundations in the fair range I tend to have an orange/pink face on a very greenish yellow neck.

I bought the Kett Hydro Foundation in Olive trial pack and tested them on three different girls. The first time I tested the foundation I thought my airbrush gun was clogged and nothing was coming out at all. It didn't look like there was anything being sprayed until I noticed that the girl i was airbrushing started looking flawless and all of her redness and blemishes had vanished. It turns out that the makeup was so light and a perfect match to her skin that I was fooled into thinking that nothing was dispensing. I tried it on the next girl and the same thing happened. It was a perfect colour match and so light that I couldn't even tell whether or not the makeup actually came out but her skin looked so perfect and her features sculpted beautifully.

Along with the foundation I bought blushes which I also use for my lips, contour and highlighter. What's really great about using Kett with an airbrush is that up close it barely looks like there's anything on the skin but when standing back you can really see a difference in how flawless the skin looks, how the contour foundation sculpts the cheekbones naturally and how the blush just blends in without looking streaky.

I also bought the Kett Sett loose setting powder which is so much better than the Makeup Forever HD setting powder and it's much cheaper.

If anyone is considering airbrush makeup, Kett is the nicest product with the best colour match.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 11:14:00 PM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

Nice foundation with buildable coverage. I use Sigma F80 brush to apply and I need to use a lot of product (too much) with this method. Need an airbrush gun! Natural and undetectable finish. Long lasting. Would not re-purchase only reason being I don't have an airbrush gun.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 1:08:00 AM More reviews by shanatock

Goodness, this foundation is meant to be use light handedly. Many ladies here has put too much of this foundation and it will accentuate dry areas if you do that. The trick is to put a maximum of three drops and use a buffer flat top.. First pat the foundation on the brush, then pat all the parts of the face. Once that is done, proceed to buff it into the skin. If there are still redness or anything that needs to be covered use a concealer!

MANY WOMEN MAKES THE MISTAKE OF USING FOUNDATION AS A CONCEALER. Hence, cakiness and patchiness!

This foundation is skin like. If you do not achieve skin like then its time to cut back on the amount

EDIT:

I have oily skin now and this is the only foundation that last me from 9am till 1145pm. No joke. My Christian Dior Forever (new formula) comes second. I have changed my changed my routine though. First I apply benefit porefessional for open pores problem, Spot conceal, and then I used my studio blusher brush from Elf to apply my foundation like painting a canvas. And it worked beautifully. I used that particular brush because my flat top brush from coastal scents was wet. Who knew it worked awesomely. Try it out girls. Oh one more thing, since I have a small face I apply one two drops on each side of my face. I'm about a Nc 20 and an 01 and R1 mix 1:1 ratio.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by cloudsofviolet

I am very picky about foundations, but I love this foundation! I spent several trips to Sephora trying to find the right foundation, but they were all too pink or orangey. Or they were too matte & accentuated dry spots. Cyclops also makes me break out, so most HE or DS foundations won't work.

I ordered samples of Kett in O5, O3, and the yellow color corrector. I'm a very yellow NC35, and my Kett shade is 1/2 drop yellow, 1 drop 03, 5 drops 05. The finish is like a satiny version of MAC F&B. It looks very natural and the dropper bottles help control how much foundation I use.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by Electralight

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After searching for a foundation for a long time and spending alot of money trying to find one that does not irritate, clog my pores or break my skin out, I finally hit the jackpot with Kett. The ingredient list is simple and without silicones or parabens as other posters have already stated. I've waited a month to write this review to see if my uber finicky skin would react. It hasn't.

The sample bottles are generously large and cost only $10 so you can try different shades. After experimenting I get an exact match with three drops of O1 (which is the lighest yellow based shade I have ever encountered) and two of R1 (which is red based).

I found Kett to have very good coverage even after applying it with a damp sponge. I don't have alot to cover (usually) and it blurs my large pores on my nose and upper cheeks beautifully. The consistency is watery and I work each part of my face seperately and quickly and blend as it will dry fast. I tried applying a second layer to see how far the coverage would go and it blended beautifully but I did not wait for the first layer to dry completely. Like I said you have to work fast. With a second layer I got medium to full coverage on my skin. However, a red blemish might require some concealer.

Kett has a great color selection (based on olive and red ranges) and it is fun to work with. If you can't find a perfect match, I found it easy to mix shades for an exact match. It is the most natural looking foundation I've ever worn. I also love the little bottles of color correctors.

The ingredient list is so simple the only things that could possibly break acne prones & sensitives out is the preservative or if you are sensitive to glycerin. I have extremely sensitive skin and break out with most foundations but not this one.

I order directly from the Kett corporate office in NY and their customer service is fantastic. They are so nice and helpful. I live in NJ and I ordered 3 samples on a Tuesday and received them the next day!

Needless to say I am ordering full sized bottles soon (though the samples would last me a year). If you have sensitive skin and suffer from acne or are acne prone, please do yourself a favor and try Kett.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2012 10:30:00 AM More reviews by VerySplendid

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

** Not Tested On Animals **

Skin type: normal to dry but acne prone.

Desperately seeking a new HG foundation since I found out MAC test on animals after being bought out by Estee Lauder. MAC is now sold in China, and Chinese law requires that ALL cosmetics owned by foreign (non-Chinese) companies be tested on animals.

My skin tone has a warm-neutral-light olive tone. For reference, I am MAC NC25 - see my notepad for my colour matches to other brands.

BEFORE: applied a water based primer + water based moisturiser.

CONSISTENCY: like water.

APPLICATION METHOD: I used 3 different methods, beauty blender, fingers & flat topped stippler. I did 2 layers & the coverage was still quite sheer, so the 3rd & final layer I used my fingers so I could pat it on & really build up the product.

LONGEVITY: I didn't actually wear it out like I intended because I wasn't able to achieve adequate coverage.

OVERALL: I have acne scarring & some discolouration, so really I am looking for full coverage. Also, the time it takes to do 3 layers is not feasible for day-to-day use. I really wanted to like this product & I feel bad for lowering the overall score! One good thing about this range is that it is highly customisable & it is possible to achieve an exact colour match.

RE-PURCHASE? Only if I had air brush equipment.

**Purchased samples from CRC in shades O3 & O5, my colour match was approximately 2 parts O3 + 1 part O5.**

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by bjborsody

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this foundation in the olive range (03) to use with my Dinair Airbrush. Dinair foundation is fine, but not really that well suited to my skin type (oily), the climate I live in (south), and I wanted something with more pigmentation because of melasma issues I have. Dinair does make a paramedical foundation for my type of situation, but that created a complication in terms of keeping the gun clean easily. As I can be lazy, particularly in the morning when I am trying to get myself out the door, I needed to find a better option.

Initially the Kett foundation was not cooperating that well with my Dinair compressor. It was coming out very sparsely and even with the compressor knob at 2 o'clock it was taking ages to get a decent layer on my face. Plus too much product was remaining in the gun cup. Suspecting clogging, I gave my airbrush a thorough disassemble and cleaning, which didn't help either. I did a bit of research and finally came across the perfect solution on-line, I now bubble in 2 drops of witch hazel to 6 drops of the Kett foundation in the airgun cup, and it performs beautifully. This provides me with enough product to spray both my face and neck.

I wear this over my Bobbie Brown tinted moisturizer, and layering with my airbrush gun covers my melasma better than any concealer + foundation I have used in the past. The witch hazel makes the foundation dry quickly, which is why I prefer to use it over distilled water, so layering is a breeze. The wear is very good, even in this southern heat and humidity. The color is great on my skin and it doesn't break me out. All things considered it looks pretty darn natural.

The price isn't cheap, but I have spent more on foundations that are laying unloved in my makeup case. As a bonus, I can quickly apply this with my fingers, drop by drop, which is perfect for when I am traveling and don't feel like lugging all airbrush equipment around with me. Again, I can be lazy. Like most airbrush foundations this comes in a dropper-type plastic bottle, which is fine with me.

I like to set this with loose powder, right now my favorite is Coty.

I hope to try some of the other Kett products soon, such as their setting powder, and perhaps some of their other spray gun products, and will comment here on MUA once I do.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Used this for the first time early this morning. Used with my luminese air brush. I can't quite describe this (magic). My skin looks polished but not made up. I can still see my own skin through but it looks perfect. It is now afte6 PM and my face looks as fresh as it did first thing this morning. I'm sold.
Now I can't wait to try their cream foundation. Going to use that at highlight and contour and then use this over. I'm looking forward to some wonderful results.