E.L.F. Vanilla Coconut Body Butter

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

on 1/18/2011 11:31:00 PM

I love this! It smells heavenly, good enough to eat. The texture is smooth, soft and luxurious. Moisturizes without any greasy after feel.

on 8/7/2010 6:35:00 PM

I love this product, my skin stays really soft for a long time and the scent is so pretty, its definately a keeper and i will repurchase.

on 12/13/2009 11:46:00 AM

Hmm I have mixed feelings about this product. When I first received it, I adored the smell. It smells very sweet, like strong coconut....kind of too sweet in fact ! That's what's making me not like this cream, because even though I do enjoy the smell, I also find it way too strong and overpowering. The one time I wore it before going to my boyfriend's house, he said "oh you smell funny"... hehe and he's usually very tolerant about my perfumes and makeup.
Sooo yeah, I should also mention that while it does seem to moisturize decently, it doesn't sink in fast and it's also quite hard to spread on your skin.

The good site is that when I put it on at night, I still have a think oily layer coming off when I shower the next morning, so it keeps my skin hydrated and soft.

Overall, an okay product, wouldn't buy it again because of the strong headache-y smell, but I recomend it to people who like really sweet creams and fake coconut scent :)

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I love all of the ELF body butters. They go on so smoothly and moisturize my skin really well, and they KEEP my skin moisturized. When I put it on my skin has that smooth feeling like I just put lotion on until I shower. I don't think this smells plasticy at all, it has a nice creamy coconut smell. I also love the cucumber melon one as well. And for $4 I think this is a great value.

on 7/1/2009 12:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I actually liked this product a lot. It's the type of scent I would wear in the summer, a great combination of coconut and vanilla, a relaxing scent.

on 1/28/2009 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I agree with some of the other reviews that say the lotion smells like plastic. I liked the scent at first, but then minutes later I started to notice the plastic smell and it is actually making me nauseous. I will not be purchasing this again, because there is nothing special about it for one. There are many other lotions I could buy out there at Wal-Mart for around $4 that are way more moisturizing and smell way better than this. I am extremely disappointed with this product, I don't know what to do with it now. I hate it.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

You get a sweet vanilla when you get this lotion. I LOVE the body butter, it's great.

on 5/15/2008 11:36:00 AM

I like the smell of this product. Its more vanilla than coconut for sure. It really thick which is the kinda of lotion I need, however, it doesn't go on as smoothly as more pricey body butters for Victoria Secret and Bath and body. I still really like the feel of my skin after I put on the lotion so I will def buy it again!

on 4/7/2008 6:02:00 PM

Price: If you buy the entire package, you get 5 items and a body sponge for only $15, which is really good.

Items: They're generously sized... which would be excellent if it smelled anything like vanilla coconut. I'm extremely disappointed. It reminds me of the soap in public bathrooms, mixed with plastic and cream soda. They do mositurize well, though, so that's a plus.

I wouldn't buy this again because I don't enjoy smelling plastic-y. Stick to bath & body works.

on 2/25/2008 12:43:00 PM

OK I am on the fence with this. I LOVE coconut smells and this price was just too great to pass by when making my giant ELF order. When it arrived and I smelled it I was like "Ah yum!" However over time using it...I can't decide if the scent is too fake or not. Sometimes it smells yummy and sometimes it smells...just so fake it is unappetizing. The moisturizing qualities are not bad though.