July 31, 2014 | 1064 users online

Cleansers - Avon - Liiv Botanicals Facial Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2010 6:16:00 PM More reviews by vanillasugardream

I JUST tried this today and will update if i need to. But, here goes: 99% of the time, for skincare or foundation, I will know the FIRST day if i like it or not. So far, I like it. the only negative thing I have to say is my skin seemed a tad dry after i was done BUT i have combo skin and this is normal for just about any cleanser I use.. The scent has been mentioned here. Cucumber-y I admit, but i love it! i also love the fact this is clear as water. I saw in many of the reviews that it is kind of watery. It wasnt to me, kind of normal consistency. I also liked the way it felt when massaging it into my face. My skin had no pinky look or redness going on, and seemed calm. I noticed NO irritation or tingly feeling. this sometimes happens with some products. I am not too overly sensitive but if my skin gets dry and flaky, my face tends to be more sensitive to products. Rinses very well, it isnt soapy or foamy but still performed as expected. LOVE how it feels on the face. no tight feeling afterwards. My pores looked decent too. Big plus. I think this was discontinued, not sure.The size of the tube doesnt bother me. 2.5 oz is fine, this should last a few weeks at least. Also I think leakage was mentioned. This wasnt a problem for me but i did turn it upside down and set it between other skincare products so it wouldnt fall/tip over, just in case.
I WILL buy again if the results from today are the same results in the future. My daughter has a tube and I guess we will see how it works for her. We both may be seeking future tubes on ebay :)

rated 2 of 5 on 12/27/2009 11:02:00 PM More reviews by MovieVixen

I really wanted to like this product, but the bottle is too small. It doesn't do anything extraordinary with my face...and unlike some of the other Avon products I try, this doesn't clear up some of the bumps. My complexion is still uneven. Only pro I can say is that it smells ok and it comes off easy. Again, nothing special...will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2009 1:27:00 PM More reviews by rockmom66

Nothing real bad about this product, but nothing real good either. Light cucumber scent. Do not like the tube it comes in. Have to mess with the cap and the product runs out pretty fast. Rinses off well.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by cmitakis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I do kind of like this cleanser, I'd rate it 3.5 lippies. It's basically liquid soap, so it may be a little strong for super dry/sensitive types. For my somewhat oily skin, it's fine, and my skin feels like it's getting a deep clean. It removes make up as well, although it's not to be used on the eyes. I think they changed the formula, because it's not runny like the other reviews say, it's more like a light gel. It is small - 2.5 oz, and since I wash my face twice at night, I'll be going through it pretty rapidly. Overall, I like this more than I thought I would, but I doubt I'd be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/14/2008 8:01:00 PM More reviews by Pretchel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've bought this cleanser at an introduction price (7.99 $ CAD), hoping that it will be gentle enough for my sensitive skin and that it will still be strong enough to washes out the makeup quite easily. I ended up beign half happy with the result. After I used it, the makeup was totally gone, wich is a good point. But it was definately drying out my epiderm. That's why I won't be repuchasing that product anymore. Avon claims that this cleanser is fragrance-free, but it's not unscented. The smell is pleaseant, fresh, and extremely light. So that didn't bother me at all. The packaging is also not very appropriate to the product, witch is way too runny to be placed in a stand-up tube. You need to be very careful not to spill all the content of the tube into the palm of your hand when you're not used to it. A bottle with a dispenser will have worked better in my opinion. I had the possibility to buy a Liiv Botanical reusable tote with every purchase of Liiv Botanical product (1.99 $ CAD) and I'm glad I did. It's very cute and roomy !

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2008 10:25:00 AM More reviews by jamiemp

Eh, not good or bad, just average. It was cheap, so I don't regret trying it, but I won't buy again (or finish this tube...I've already moved on to something different). It doesn't dry my skin, but it also doesn't make it look amazing, as the packaging claims (not that I ever believe packaging). Oh, and it smells REALLY strongly of cucumbers, which kinda makes me nauseous.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Heddy647

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As far as this product itself goes, I LOVE IT!!! I have extremely difficult skin to please... oily, will break out the instant it doesn't like a product! This face wash has a light pleasent smell and washes completely clean. I actually like the fact that it leaves nothing behind and does not make my skin feel tight. I had no issues with it cleaning up grime or oil. I will agree with the last review that the packaging is NOT good. The tube needs to have a much smaller hole and you must pay attention otherwise you will waste a handfull. Other than that... I liked the cleanser. Actually, I love the whole line so far!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 1:44:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, I ordered the Liiv Botanicals facial cleanser since I am a Rep and like to try as many Avon products as I can, and also since I have somewhat sensitive skin. Unfortunately, I did not read the fine print on how much product is inside, and was very surprised to see the tiny bottle in my box. I expected a 4.2 oz bottle, like the Avon Anew Retroactive+ 2in1 I have been using. Instead, I got a 2.5 oz bottle, which is equivilent to the size of the Naturals anti-bac hand sanitizers. The next surprise came when I opened the bottle to use the cleanser. The size of the hole is larger than that of the 2in1, dispensing entirely too much product with a normal amount of pressure. For this reason, after my husband and I both used the Liiv cleanser once, there is only about 3/4 of the original product remaining. We are smarter now when we squeeze, but we did waste a bit of product in learning this. In addition, the product claims to have no added fragrance. However, it smells identical to the Liiv Botanicals Day Cream, whose scent I chalked up to the sunscreen. It seems as though this is the scent of the line as a whole. So while it may not have added fragrance, there is a distinct smell associated with the cleanser and day cream, and it reminds me of cucumbers. This scent, I might add, is not pleasant to me. It did not cause any sensitivities, but it did tickle my nose, so to speak. Furthermore, I did not find this cleanser to be entirely effective on my combination, leaning toward oily, skin. Since I am used to 2in1, and it's added toning ingredient, my skin did not respond to Liiv as well as I had hoped. Honestly, after cleansing my face, I felt it was about as effective as if I had simply rinsed my face with plain water. I wish there was a toner included in the Liiv line to complete it, since it did nothing to diminish my oily spots. In all, I was not entirely satisfied with the cleanser or the price for the amount of product, packaging, scent, or efficacy for my skin type. It may be good for normal or sensitive skin types, though. I will be sticking to Anew Retroactive+ 2in1.