April 16, 2014 | 1551 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Infallible- suede

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/31/2012 6:24:00 PM More reviews by darkeyedfran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am not a lipgloss girl, and I am definitely not a sticky lipgloss girl...but I went ahead and bought this because it was on sale. I love it! It is a beautiful duochrome shimmery color on its own and over a lipstick it brings out a warmth to the color and creates more depth. This formula is great when it comes to prolonging the wear of lipstick, when placed on top I can get several hours wear, which is better than my usual 2 hours. I hate how sticky this glos is, but if i'm in between meals it's great to have your pucker last!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by theravenwine

This is a super pretty nude-brown lip gloss (it's not the kind of nude gloss that gives you the 'ghostly' look, it's more light brown than nude) and I ABSOLUTELY love the smell of this gloss. I can't exactly put a name to what it smells like but it's sweet-vanilla-plus-strawberry-shortcake kind of smell. The pigmentation is not bad too, 2 layers bring out the colour brilliantly. The gloss does not last as long as it claims to but it definitely lasts longer than other glosses, like revlon's and rimmel's. My rating of 3 lippies for this is because I'm allergic to this, HORRORS. My lips are extraordinarily sensitive to lip products especially lip sticks (because of beeswax/lanolin etc), so I was hoping this, as a gloss, would not cause me to react as it should not contain beeswax/lanolin etc. The thing about it is that I took a gamble with this gloss - I usually check the ingredients list before purchasing any lip product but the ingredients list for this lip gloss is NOWHERE to be found - on the net, on the packaging, nowhere (I have a sudden flashback to this product called beau-line from the movie Catwoman and where this apparently 'wonder beauty product' is actually highly toxic but let's give loreal more benefit of the doubt hahah). I dislike the price too, I paid 11 Canadian dollars for this and I think it can be cheaper as a drugstore product. I will not repurchase because of my allergy but I aim to finish using the one I have because I absolutely love the colour. If I don't use this everyday and if I use this with intervals of several days I find that I'm fine (albeit having some itchy lips after using, the result of being vain).
So for all those who are allergic to many lip products, stay away from this.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2011 More reviews by mrcolem

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Product is just okay. It feels okay on your lips a little bit sticky but not enough color to write home to mama about. I probably wont repurchase (still deciding).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by natasharose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually buy expensive lip gloss....because they last forever. This was recommended to me buy a friend. So i tried it and I am in love! I chose the Suede color becasue it is a nice neutral colour for my lips and works well when I do smoky eye shadow. It doesnt last 6 hours but it does last alot longer then some of the pricey lip glosses dont be fooled.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2009 10:05:00 AM More reviews by murphy817

I bought this on a BOGO free sale. This product has some pros and cons. The number one pro is the color. The color is pretty, it is truly a nude w/ some subtle sparkle. This won't clash w/ any other makeup routine you got goiing on. Another pro is that this has no scent but it does leave a bad taste in your mouth. Another important pro is that even if I didn't get this on a sale, it is still fairly inexpensive for a lipgloss (under 10 bucks). The biggest con for me w/ the gloss is the feel/texture. This is a very sticky gloss and on a windy day, your hair will be glued to your lips. Also, the applicator tip is just weird! I would of liked a doe foot or brush instead of this spongey ace of spades type thing! Did L'Oreal curve the applicator for better ease? To me, the curve in the sponge makes it even more odd. Lastly, it didn't last 6 hours-not even close! I wouldn't recommend this for winter. Eventhough this is a "gloss" it drys my lips and I would have to reapply often.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by 1badcat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually used this color years ago in different packaging I loved it then and I still love it now. Itís perfect if youíre looking for a nude lip. I canít say that it lasts 6 hours like it claims but regardless I LOVE this gloss. I am a nude lip junkie and have searched high and low for that ďnudeĒ lip and I do get it from this. In the tube it looks like it has shimmer but on me I get no shimmer just lovely lips. I line my lips w/my HG Kevyn Aucoin The Flesh liner in medium and over that Bobbie Brownís Bare liner (another HG which has been discontinued for some time now) and that helps the color last a bit longer. Itís not sticky or gooey but does feel a little weird if you smack your lips together. It has a sort of vanilla smell to it but nothing over powering. It has a velvet type pointy tip which deposits just the right amount of color. Itís a little expensive for a DS l/g but I feel well worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2008 7:07:00 AM More reviews by robin218

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This color looks gorgeous in the package, but I felt the color was much too sheer. The texture is fine (the tiniest bit gooey), it has no awful taste or smell like many glosses, but I purchased it specifically for the color (a nice neutral nudey-beige) and there just isn't enough oomph to get excited about. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect nude gloss that doesn't taste like ick, doesn't smell like ick, and delivers an honest-to-goodness color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2008 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Rapunzel1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE L'Oreal Infallible lipgloss. I have it in 5 shades, but I usually use Suede the most as it seems to go with most of my looks.

I do not have patience with touch-ups during the day, so I usually go for drugstore long-wearing cosmetics. I have searched for a decent lipgloss, and this one is the only one that lasted longer than an hour. I'll admit that this gloss isn't quite something I would apply to my lips just by itself. It does make my lips look a little like a rasin, but I found that applying a lip balm before applying the lip gloss helps a bit. I also have to apply this a little more carefully than the other lip glosses, otherwise I'll gets clumps in the corners of my lips. I just make sure to stay on the outside of my lips and not get any in the crease of my lips. Then I don't have any problems with the clumpiness. I also make sure I don't press my lips together often as that is my habbit while I am concentrating on something.

Many people don't like the Infallible lipglosses because it gives more of a shimmery look instead of a wet shine. I see this as a plus however as it is more versitale. If you want a more conservative shimmer look, just leave it plain. If you want a wet look while going out, apply a clear lipgloss over the top. It also makes the shiny lipglosses last longer.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't last 6 hours though. But I do find this to be the best drugstore brand of lipgloss so far.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2008 11:47:00 PM More reviews by ejmj

Ok, so it definitely doesn't last 6 hours..lol... but, the color is gorgeous and I love the smell! The color stays long after the shine is gone. This is the single tube, not the one w/ 2 seperate steps. It cost about 10 bucks at CVS...I will probably buy it again just because I really love how it looks right after I put it on :)