November 23, 2014 | 1963 users online

Eye Shadow - Lancome - Color Design - Gaze

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by clemmmentine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is absolutely my favourite neutral eyeshadow. It really is my eyelids, but better. The colour blends beautifully with my skin tone, but it has a bit of that shimmer that elevates my eyelids. I don't like to go too crazy with my eyeshadow, so this is perfect for me - it enhances but isn't obvious.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 8:06:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

A sheer glistening golden peach. I was going to buy Stila Kitten but am glad I brought Lancome's Gaze instead. Gaze is similar to Filigree but Filagree is more gold and this is more peach. Both are great for bringing out my blue eyes and golden skin! I love Lancome for shimmers suitable for lightly mature skin. They add light to the eye without drawing attention to wrinkles and textured skin, because they are so creamy and finely milled they blend in smoothly to the skin. Unlike MAC which I find is hard to blend and contains chunkly sparkles which sit on the surface of skin, making eyes over 25 - 30 look like lizard skin!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 12:53:00 AM More reviews by imeldita22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I've hit pan on this, the very 1st e/s that I've almost emptied out. Love how lightly shimmmered it is, great as an all over wash, and highlighter. I don't think there's dupe from MAC, it's a very unique color. A little expensive but good quality. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2010 7:06:00 PM More reviews by fashionmaven93

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

With all of the bright, dark, and unique colors on the market, it's often difficult to find a quality neutral shadow. For me, Gaze is a perfect color. It works well on the lid (I often use Mannequin or Click in the outer V) for a natural look. It also makes a nice highlight for the browbone, to blend out darker colors, or as a highlighter on the tops of my cheekbones. I love this color and will repurchase when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2010 9:56:00 PM More reviews by LovesTheWay2Go

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like the color Gaze as an all over lid color because it's a nice light color and doesn't have too much shimmer. I use this on a daily basis. I'm trying to find a MAC dupe for it, but only because I prefer MAC over Lancome. Overall, this color is really nice and pigmented, and isn't crumbly like some shimmery shadows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2009 3:38:00 AM More reviews by iheartsu

This is a peachy beige color with golden undertones. Lovely for spring and summer. Goes very well with bronzers on your face. The pigmentation is OK. I love the shimmer in this eyeshadow, it's gorgeous!
Would buy again =]

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2009 10:10:00 PM More reviews by OutOfLine

As another reviewer had mentioned this is a peachy beige... but I would add that it appears as a pale pink with gold shimmer. This shade is very very sheer so even though its one of lancomes shimmer shades it can be worn during the day as well. I wouldnt recomend it for darker complexions because its likely it wont show up. Although I do see it being a beautiful highlight color for darker complexions.
I wear this as either a base e/s on a daily basis and apply darker eyeshadows when going out. Its a shadow that looks great with ANY eycolor because its a gorgeous neutral.... and it really brings out some of the gold in my brown eyes.
I won't buy this again... beacause I recieved it as a gift from another lancome purchase.
Btw I ust swatched this on my skin... and its the exact color of my skin. The shimmer is the only difference between my skin and this e/s.
I think it would work wayyyyyyyy better with a primer or paint pot underneath.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/3/2008 11:29:00 PM More reviews by creedmah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my first Lancome eyeshadow I've actually purchased, I've only ever tried their eyeshadows that come with their gifts with purchase. Gaze is a nice shimmery, champagne color with a hint of light peach. It's warmer than MAC Shroom and for me, it works well as a daily base. I can sweep it on and just wear it alone with mascara and liner or just mascara, and it's a clean, polished look. I've hit the pan on this one, which is rare for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 6:30:00 PM More reviews by alexei9

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is the only Lancome eyeshadow shade that I've ever hit pan on and had to repurchase-I have owned this in both the original Color Focus formulation and the newer Color Design formulation. the color is identical, but the Color Design formulation is a bit softer/smoother and easier to apply. other than that, it's an easy nude/champagne shimmery type of shadow that looks great applied as a wash for a simple daytime look, or with Mocchachino or Click in the crease for a bit more drama...it's one of those chameleon shades that can be paired with just about anything really-MAC's Naked Lunch is quite similar, but just a bit more shimmery.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2008 4:58:00 PM More reviews by kzolin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

There are reviews for the previous incarnation of Gaze in Color Focus, but as the eyeshadows are now called Color Design I thought a new review was in order. Gaze is a peachy-beige (just a shade darker than my favorite, Positive) that Lancome has labeled as a shimmer. However, I would say that it has only a hint of shimmer, making it still suitable for daytime or casual wear. It makes a nice base color for those with fair skin. I received it in a GWP quad and probably would not purchase it because it's not different enough from Positive.