September 30, 2014 | 1819 users online

Eyeliner - Cover Girl - Perfect Blend Eye Pencil

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by Notaglamourpuss1

I don't understand what's happened to Cover Girl. The entire line has gone downhill ever since Proctor and Gamble bought the company although I do think the lipsticks have improved since the old days. However the overall quality of the products have suffered greatly since Noxell Corp. sold it to P&G. Even the names have gotten tacky- Clump Crusher (sounds like a child's toy), Lash Blast ( another child's toy name?), Lash Blast Fusion (sounds like a video game) and the list goes on. Silly names do not make a good product. The only non embarrassing name is Outlast but those products are another story. Evidently an appropriate name doesn't make a good product either.
That being said, this eyeliner I bought was in the plum shade. It went on easily but within minutes one of my eyes started to water. The upper eyelid started to itch and get red. So much for opthamologist tested. When I used the black, this did not happen. I learned that there are less color pigments in black than plum so the potential to irritate sensitive individuals is less. Anyhow, it smears quite easily.
Save your money and if you want a drugstore brand, get Revlon,which is far superior to the Proctor and Gamble owned Cover Girl Cosmetics and not the way it should have stayed Noxell owned.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by rainkiss10

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My go-to liner... The blue color stays all day on whatever weather! Buy it!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by sl40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff smudged and I looked like a drug addict by the end of the day. Not a pretty picture. I'll stick with my EL Double Wear pencil. At least that stays where it's supposed to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 4:09:00 AM More reviews by TheReviewLady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I gave this product a slightly low point for price because here in Australia, everything cosmetic-related is too expensive -- heck, everything is expensive(!)/end_rant. On to the review: as I am a woman of a certain age, I have been shying away from the drugstore cosmetic aisles for a few years now. But recently I have discovered gems (Lanolips, Revlon lip butters... etc) and this is among them. I used to use this pencil in black-brown when I was in high school in the 1990s. The formula has not changed, but I did. I thought I needed to move up in the world and I started using Estee Lauder. Recently, I've been trying to save money and bought a CG perfect blend eye pencil in black. I have no idea why I switched brands because I can't tell the difference. The CG pencil is soft, smudgy, and a good size to stick in your bag for short trips away from home. I like the rubber smudger at the end of the pencil. I use CG's perfect blend pencils to create a smudgy shadow around my eye, for definition. The black shade looks very rock-n-roll, like a slept-in mascara smudge, the black-brown shade is very natural if you are a brunette or black-haired individual like myself, and the taupe is nice smudged into the socket like a creme eyeshadow. I own all three shades. I will repurchase these and hope they are never reformulated. Note: as these pencils do not create a perfect smudge-proof line, they are not good for making a 60's-inspired cat eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by SWilisons

I wore this eyeliner to a concert. I was on the floor near the stage, and it was hot, crowded, and I got pretty sweaty lol. But at the end of the night I went home, looked in the mirror and this stuff HAD NOT BUDGED. It literally looked like I had just applied it. I knew then that I had found my HG eyeliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2013 9:13:00 PM More reviews by graysuit

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay! This is the best eyeliner I have used. I have used this FOREVER! I love this eyeliner. It is simple and the sponge blender makes this very versatile. I am so glad Covergirl has kept this eyeliner. This is the best of the simple makeup. It lasts all day and all night. Sometimes I have gone to bed without removing my makeup and it is still in place. Oops! Don't sleep in makeup! This is the best kept secret in the eyeliner category. It goes on smoothly and the price is right. I don't need bells and whistles to buy this eyeliner. It's simplicity speaks for itself. It's longevity speaks louder. This is a great eyeliner worth the price and then some!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by missmetal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my all time favorite eyeliner.

I always buy this eyeliner pencil!

It goes on smooth, gives great coverage and pigmentation, never messy.... It stays on until you wash it off, and when you wash it off, it comes off like a breeze!

When I wear this, I never have to touch up, I can wear this for 48 hours & still have perfect eyeliner!

5/5 score from me!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2012 1:09:00 AM More reviews by yourdearjuliet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found that these actually weren't bad for a drug store price. Although, it would wear off on my oily lids by the very end of the day but I've had that problem with every liner I've had. The color in black or brown is perfect though and goes on smoothly and dark. I do like this although it's not quite my HG of pencil liners. But definitely worth giving a shot!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by SymmieC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG eyeliner. Goes on smooth, perfect for water line, or smokey eye. Rich true color. Lasts for quite awhile even on waterline. I will say this though, if you are using it (or anything) directly on your waterline, expect it to wear off eventually or even smudge a little. Nothing that a slight touch up doesn't fix. :) I have used this for years and only strayed occassionally, I always end up right back. Covergirl does a couple things right and this eyeliner is one of them!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2012 5:35:00 AM More reviews by starfishnet

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a review of the CHARCOAL color. I use this pencil for my brows. It's a good match to my asian sparse brow hair. It's not reddish or black. The color pay off is just the right intensity with out looking unnaturally penciled in. There's a little bit of metallic sheen (not shimmer) in it which I thought "highlights" the brows better than if it were a darker and matte shade. It glided smoothly on my brows and deposited color even with light feathered strokes.