September 22, 2014 | 1980 users online

Highlighters - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Illuminating Veil-Nude Glow

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2013 7:59:00 PM More reviews by jordyhackman

i like this product for contouring and highlighting but i have the one in warming glow so its a bit darker than my skin tone so it works well as a contour. sometimes i feel as if I'm not getting enough out of the bottle as i should be so I unscrew the lid and dab some of the powder on the brush to add more colour. When you open it though be careful to open over a sink as they do put a lot of product in the bottle It sparkles a lot and i have gotten heaps of compliments so overall i like it but not for what its meant to do.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2012 5:39:00 AM More reviews by Sta1cee

I guess this works for those who likes sparkles all over their face. Otherwise, I can't see how it can look flattering on anyone. Perhaps with costume make-up or in a really dark club?

Overall, I would not recommend this veil. I don't think it's very illuminating...just very shimmery. It doesn't look good in natural light and unlike other illuminators, it LOOKS like you applied shimmer all over your face.

If you're looking for a good illuminator, I'd recommend Clinique's Up-Lighting as it actually creates a glow for your skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/15/2012 7:40:00 PM More reviews by ruru107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

The highlighter I REALLY wanted was Nars, but I wasn't willing to pay that much, so I bought this....and I got what I paid for. :/ This powder is barely noticeable. It's pretty much invisible.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by rachelsmiles75

It is ok, did come out quite blotchy, but easily sorted. Nothing special.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2011 7:55:00 PM More reviews by lab120178

Love this stuff, I love shimmer, but this isn't too much. I just don't like how it comes out of the brush. It would be better if it were less expensive, but I will repurchase :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 5:08:00 AM More reviews by thupham2

YOu know how everyone goes on about the way Guerlain meteorites makes your face glowy with JUST the right amount of sheen without looking too sweaty/oily/glittery?
I've tried it & despite the hyped-up praise heaped upon the product - it was a disappointment.

This, on the other hand, is seriously the BEST discovery in cosmetics that I have come across so far. It has the PERFECT amount of glow and sheen...never tried anything like it. I get compliments I never got before...thank you Physicians Formula. I cannot understand how this is not more loved. Everyone should get out there and buy one NOW.

DIRECTIONS: don't use it as a setting powder as the glitter's too over-powering. This is a "veil" and should only be used to set your entire base makeup (after foundation, concealer & powder). This way, you apply less and get the PERFECT GLOW of fine beige shimmers. Just watch your cheekbones pop. It is so natural that I vowed to go buy another 2 at least. Another note; this is not a pin-point highlighter (e.g. cheekbones, nasal bridge, philtrum), it is an all-over highlighter veil so should be used sparingly across the entire face.
Ladies, you will not be disappointed. Move over, Guerlain!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 12:54:00 AM More reviews by BeautBetty

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think this is being discontinued. WHY? The package is perfect to place in a purse, brush is great. and it leaves a beautiful dust of shimmer that at my age, some of it does me good-not a disco ball but a pretty shine
why why why discontinue? so I went and bought two. hope it's freshI
i'm keeping in dark cool place
i don't understand why this and other drugstore. brands are discontinuing some great products and redesigning the packages, something as simple as the old tortoise shell round smooth compact powder has been turned into a cheap brown plastic cumbersome package- who thought of this?
if ivory soap and johnson's baby shampoo has stood the test of time, why can't these. I am so tired of going to look for something perfect and that someone in a marketing department wants to change and conjured up somtheing to get promoted!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2011 12:31:00 PM More reviews by debb37

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First of all I hate the packaging so I never use the brush.

I mix my own mineral wear foundation shade using 2 shades of Mineral Wear® Talc-Free Mineral Loose Powder. Translucent Light and Buff Beige. I mix them in roughly equal amounts, in my MMU bowl and here comes the magic part. While the blend of the two colors above give me exactly the color of MMU i'm looking for, it is a pretty flat, matte look which sometimes makes me look more tired than I am. I'm not a blush wearing person so I needed something to warm up my overall tone.

In comes Mineral Wear® Talc-Free Illuminating Veil™ in Nude Glow. I remove the screw off container top and the sifter and scoop an amount about twice the size of this capital letter "O" into my approximate teaspoon sized Loose Powder mix. I mix it really really well so that it's all blended and Voila! I have my perfect warm glowy but natural MMU. I look so much fresher and even younger with this mix that I don't think I can try anything else. It goes perfectly with my Maybelline - Color Sensational - Park Ave. Peach lipstick which is my favourite lipstick colour ever!!! and my PF Shimmer Strips Custom Bronzer, Blush & Eye Shadow in Vegas Strip-light bronzer used as eyeshadow.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2011 7:15:00 AM More reviews by LTcurlygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was so disappinted by this product. First of all, packaging usually isn't a major deal for me, but the packaging on this is so terrible that it's pretty much a deal breaker. It is supposed to be an on-the-go type powder with built in sifter and attached brush, but the brush is so stiff, it scratched my skin, and i found it was impossible to get the right amount of product out of the sifter. The powder itself is not subtle enough for my light skin tone. The glitter in this is way too obvious. In the trash it goes :(

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2010 10:54:00 PM More reviews by danceicarus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product.
It's so fine and it has the perfect amount of shimmer (micro-shimmer I would say) and it's not glittery.

It doesn't make my skin itch.

The packaging is absolutely HORRIBLE.

A brush is attached to the product and the mineral powder comes out through a hole and into the brush so if you try to apply it from the brush you'll just get like a blob of product and you can't even blend it because more product will be coming from the brush.
It's best to unscrew it and pour some product into another sifter so that you can use your own brush, otherwise you will hate it.