MAC Paint Pot in Layin' Low

4.2

on 12/28/2014 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I'm a nc-42 in pro longwear foundation, matches very well as a base for my eyeshadow. Makes my kids appear fresh and clean. Really liking this product

on 10/15/2014 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

If you are around NC40 - 45 you need to get on this.

I beleive painterly is for those that are NW as itsgot moreof a pink tone, and SoftOchre for NCs as its more yellow.
Im NC42-4 and whilst using Soft Ochre (SO) was fine for base for eyeshadow due to some dark discolouratipn on my upper lid it did go a little ashy if I just wanted to forego powder eyeshadow and just have a naked eye.

Step in LL. Because it has a slight orange undertone much like an undereye corrector it gives a clean look to the eye. I have also found it doesnt look as dry & cakey as SO.

But dont trash SO it still has a purpose. As under my eyebrow the skin is a bit red prob due to tweezing etc. So this is what I do.

Put LL From lid to brow.
Use either Beauty blender or the RT equivalent over to smooth it - this is an awesome trick.
Fill in my brows with ABH Brow Pomade
Then put SO under my brow which cancels any redness and brightens/highlights the browbone without the awful shimmery look.

on 8/29/2014 2:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Try this color on before purchasing. I loved it in the store and in the pot, but when I purchased and wore it, I didn't like the color on. Like other reviews have said, it look orange, or has an orange tint on some skin tones. I exchanged it for a different color.

on 7/6/2014 4:39:00 AM

Not working. Both creasing and fading within 3-4h with it as the primer. Nothing different between this expensive one and the cheap elf one. After seeing so many gurus' recommendations and good reviews here, I'm losing hope for a even better primer that really work on me in such hot humid weather. I'll use it up for the price.

Not sure why but is working now... maybe because of the weather.

Works excellent as a primer or on its own. I sometimes quickly apply on the outer part of the eye lid area to make my green eyes pop more. Can be also used under shadows providing a good hold and preventing them for creasing.
The color is warm orangey brown.

on 9/27/2013 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Went to the MAC counter today... I had always used Urban Decay's Primer Potion but when the lady told me about paint pots that I've always heard about, I thought I would give it a try. At first, the consistency is that of a concealer. But I was amazed at how CREAMY this was. It goes on cream, dries to powder. I rubbed my eyes and forgot I was wearing eye makeup (GASP...the worst stomach drop EVER when you realize what you've just done!) and my shadows were still totally in place. Not even a little bit rubbed off I was so amazed!! In my opinion, this is quick thick for a primer, but it's because the coverage is so high and pigmented, it really gives you that ultimate base for any eye shadows. Totally and utterly in love, obsessed, and beyond impressed.

on 5/27/2010 9:21:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

my poor Laying Low -- it is one of the most versatile paint pots yet it is not as highly touted as a Painterly or the Ochre one..

why I use it a lot: it is a mid tone pink nude which is what I use on women of mid tone skins to cover any imperfections on the eyelid -- like freckles, dark spots, port wine stains.. etc. and, it works beautifully to do this.

on women of lighter skin, this shows up as a cool pinky nude and lays a great base for any pink, beige, cream, lavender, brown or blue es.

I love this shade and use it a lot.. I have repurchased a few times but don't know how much longer until MAC dcds it.

on 5/27/2010 5:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Nice Beige Paint Pot. I use this as an eyeshadow base when I'm tan in the Summer months. Great base for Pigment, eyeshadow and just whatever. No complaints.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Paint pots in general are wonderful!!! I find I reach for Layin' Low (a medium caramel),Soft Ochre (a pale yellow beige), and Painterly (a pale pinky beige), the most, depending on my coloring throughout the year. All the same matte formula's and great base's to any shadow!

on 1/13/2010 5:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

This is a LE from the Well Defined collection sometime last year February '09 I think. I really wish I bought myself a back up of this because I am INLOVE with it. So inlove with it that I went and got other paint pots so I wouldn't use this one so much :x

For me it's perfect shade and neutralizes my dark lid very well. I can't even tell if there is any hue or undertone to it, it matches my lid color perfectly - sorta like my nude lipstick but for my lids lol. I'm a NC30 range, but at the moment I'm NW25, odd. I've been using it everyday since I got it during the collection launch, and couple of months ago had to give it a break since I'm almost out :( I hope they bring this back sometime in the near future and make it permanent!