April 18, 2014 | 891 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Layin' Low

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 6:30:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

Works excellent as a primer or on its own. I sometimes quickly apply on the outer part of the eye lid area to make my green eyes pop more. Can be also used under shadows providing a good hold and preventing them for creasing.
The color is warm orangey brown.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by ElizBehrrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Went to the MAC counter today... I had always used Urban Decay's Primer Potion but when the lady told me about paint pots that I've always heard about, I thought I would give it a try. At first, the consistency is that of a concealer. But I was amazed at how CREAMY this was. It goes on cream, dries to powder. I rubbed my eyes and forgot I was wearing eye makeup (GASP...the worst stomach drop EVER when you realize what you've just done!) and my shadows were still totally in place. Not even a little bit rubbed off I was so amazed!! In my opinion, this is quick thick for a primer, but it's because the coverage is so high and pigmented, it really gives you that ultimate base for any eye shadows. Totally and utterly in love, obsessed, and beyond impressed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2010 9:21:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

my poor Laying Low -- it is one of the most versatile paint pots yet it is not as highly touted as a Painterly or the Ochre one..

why I use it a lot: it is a mid tone pink nude which is what I use on women of mid tone skins to cover any imperfections on the eyelid -- like freckles, dark spots, port wine stains.. etc. and, it works beautifully to do this.

on women of lighter skin, this shows up as a cool pinky nude and lays a great base for any pink, beige, cream, lavender, brown or blue es.

I love this shade and use it a lot.. I have repurchased a few times but don't know how much longer until MAC dcds it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2010 5:12:00 AM More reviews by labellarosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Nice Beige Paint Pot. I use this as an eyeshadow base when I'm tan in the Summer months. Great base for Pigment, eyeshadow and just whatever. No complaints.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 More reviews by tammallama

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Paint pots in general are wonderful!!! I find I reach for Layin' Low (a medium caramel),Soft Ochre (a pale yellow beige), and Painterly (a pale pinky beige), the most, depending on my coloring throughout the year. All the same matte formula's and great base's to any shadow!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 5:11:00 PM More reviews by ilurvemakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a LE from the Well Defined collection sometime last year February '09 I think. I really wish I bought myself a back up of this because I am INLOVE with it. So inlove with it that I went and got other paint pots so I wouldn't use this one so much :x

For me it's perfect shade and neutralizes my dark lid very well. I can't even tell if there is any hue or undertone to it, it matches my lid color perfectly - sorta like my nude lipstick but for my lids lol. I'm a NC30 range, but at the moment I'm NW25, odd. I've been using it everyday since I got it during the collection launch, and couple of months ago had to give it a break since I'm almost out :( I hope they bring this back sometime in the near future and make it permanent!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

I'm a sucker for MAC Paint Pots, so I had to have this one given my love for Painterly and Soft Ochre. I figured this would be a big hit for me, however on my MMM/NC40 skintone, this is just ... off. I can't quite pinpoint why I dislike this one .. I'm not sure if it's too pink, too sheer, but something about this one on me just doesn't fly. It doesn't seem to deposit the same even color payoff that Soft Ochre and Painterly does. This was LE, however even if it was perm, this isn't one I would've repurchased. Probably more suitable for pale gals.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by glitternglitzy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

MAC Layin' Low is a very natural neutral toned paint pot that has very little color payoff and serves me better as an eyeshadow base. It's darker than my skin tone by quite a bit but since paint pots are normally used pretty thinly, this wouldn't be used by me as an eyelid color because it just doesn't show up enough for me. I'm more of a dramatic or smoky eyed gal and this one just is too light for me. It's a color that actually reminds me quite a bit of MAC Siss lipstick. It's a light beigey tan. Great if you're looking for a base or a very neutral color.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2009 6:27:00 AM More reviews by laquiche

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a very neutral paintpot for me as it's nearly the same color as my skin! I use it with most of my eyeshadows but I especially like it to fix pigments! I've heard it is quite similar to painterly so I wonder if I should also buy it or not lol

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2009 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Manet

This is my new favourite paint pot. It's slightly lighter than my actual skintone which I love because I can use it under my lower lashline without worrying about getting dark circles. It's virtually the same tone as my undereye concealer (studio fix nc42, pot version) so it works out perfectly for me. Of course, like other paint pots the consistency is great and it keeps my eyeshadows in place til I wash them off. Awesome paint pot! Found it in a CCO.