September 20, 2014 | 1890 users online

Fragrances - Fragonard - Billet Doux EDP

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 11:17:00 AM More reviews by Gother

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Wow it smells of spring, and of ripe and blooming gardens in the French Riviera. It's the perfect rendition of a flower, namely, the clove. I associate this flower with sadness, because many use it to celebrate funerals in Europe, but it's so beautiful and yet so simple!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

I sampled Billet Doux at the Fragonard factory in Eze and am sad that I did not bring a bottle home (I purchased Diamant and Fleur D'Oranger (which I also love). Billet Doux is a blend of Sweet William carnation, peony, frangipani, bergamot, lemon, mandarin, cedar and vanilla. It is warm, powdery and comforting and reminds me of the French Riviera. I love my carnation scent to not have that sharp edge and this does not disappoint. And, as mentioned, the bottle is absolutely adorable. While in France, we checked out both Molinard and Fragonard perfumeries and IMHO the Fragonard perfumes are much lovelier. We also toured the Frag. perfumerie in Grasse which is also a must-see, if you love perfume history -lots of artifacts. I have since discovered the US Fragonard site so I plan to purchase from there, as it is no cheaper in France.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2008 8:58:00 AM More reviews by MizLiz211

I am a great admirer of the work of Fragonard the painter, but not so much of the works of Fragonard the perfume company. Billet Doux is their one fragrance that managed to win my affections. Its main note is carnation: Sweet, crisp carnations rather than the lush, creamy ones of Caron Bellodgia. I can also smell some lily of the valley in the opening. Billet Doux retains this bright, springy feel throughout, though it becomes lusher in the drydown with the addition of frangipani. The lasting power is excellent, and the bottle, though it's a total Shalimar rip-off, is darling.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by 52pigtails

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This fragrance is, in one word, beautiful: a delicious note of clove that conquers my senses, softened by the rarest note of carnation and frangipani. It's lovely and original, redolent of lazy late spring days on a French beach.
Among Fragonards creations, this is one of the most original and well-done. Similar to, but much better, Dianthus by Etro.
Despite all the hype for the retro bottle, though, I don't like it that much, I prefer glass

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2008 8:53:00 PM More reviews by sarakat

This is a beautiful soft floral, redolent of fresh cut peonies and carnations. It lasts all day on me if I spray my hair, and the bottle is beautiful--all gold. Remarkably affordable for the quality.