September 18, 2014 | 1845 users online

Styling Products - Nexxus - sleek memory straightening smoothing spray

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2011 12:26:00 PM More reviews by Amber814

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the best product I have found so far for keeping my curly/wavy hair straight. I live in Florida, so with the heat and humidity not a lot of products work that great. I love that it is a spray, so it's not heavy and doesn't leave your hair feeling like you have product it it! It smells nice too, and isn't crazy expensive.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

when this product is used CORRECTLY you will get the results it promises , this is basically a waterd down version of the brazilian blow out like a version to use when ur out of the shower. towel dry your hair and spray section by section or mist all over and comb thru to distribute product evenly then when you blow dry/ flat iron it seals the product into the cuticul making it remember to be straight how ever when your new hair grows out wavy curly you have to keep using the product. HOWEVER the ONLY NEGATIVE TO this product and the brazillian blow out is DMDM hydodint whatever is the 4th ingredient that is FORMELDAHYDE ..... so ya beware

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2011 3:11:00 AM More reviews by moo209

First of all, my hair is long and thick. I stopped using the blow dryer. Also, I grew out my damaged colored hair and gradually chop it off over time. I straighten my hair at least 5 times a week.

Pros: I think it does protect my hair, since I don't have any split-ends. What I do is, I spray my hair, let it dry, and then straighten it. I noticed I am 10 minutes faster using this. Smells nice and makes my hair soft.

Cons: I have this product for six months and it did not deliver the promise that my hair will remember to be straight. If people say their hair remembers how to be straight, then this is what you call is a placebo-effect. Hair does not have a memory to do such a thing. In addition, it didn't make my hair sleek, after straightening. It weighs down my hair, and it's a bit pricey.

Overall, I will not buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2011 2:10:00 PM More reviews by mandicandi412

This is my first Nexxus product and I am very impressed! I have wavy, fine hair that gets greasy pretty easily. I blow-dry and flatiron my hair at least 5 times a week. I needed a smoothing product to help tame frizz and flyaways and make my hair all-around sleeker and healthier-looking, and this really fits the bill. It makes my hair look like I've used a shine serum but doesn't make my hair flat, greasy, or weigh it down. I love that this is a spray so I don't get any product on my hands. I have only used it a short time so I can't comment on it's abilities to 'train' hair to be smoother, and I'm not sure I buy into that promise anyway, but I will definitely keep using and repurchasing this product! I spray on my hair when it is damp, prior to blow-drying. Highly recommended- give this a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by nabs07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product is amazing! You must try it. You can get it at Shoppers/Rexall for about $16-18 CAD and it lasts a 10 months with frequent use. Well worth it. It leaves my hair soft, straight and smelling great :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by addiejoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Aaaaaaamazing! :) This stuff is so incredible. I bought some because it was was on clearance at Walgreen's, and at first, I thought, "Meh, this isn't so great." So I stopped using for a few weeks...and all of the sudden, it hit me. My hair wasn't as soft and bouncy as it had been when I was using this! So I went back to using it, along with my Alterna Straightening Balm....and now my hair is perfectly smooth and healthy looking, with sufficient heat protection for when I flat iron it.
ONE THING: I am afraid this might have been discontinued...? Or maybe they are just redesigning the packaging...? I bought it on clearance and have been having a hard time finding it at drugstores. I'm checking at Ulta tomorrow and will ask them about it...I'd hate it if they did discontinue it...it's amazing. I almost just splurged on 4 bottles on eBay a minute ago, but I'll find out if it's discontinued first. :)
The bottle lasts forever, which I think makes it worth the price. :)
OH - And it smells DELICIOUS.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by SeeMeBeauty

This product has been a godsend for me. I spray liberally on towel dried hair and then blow dry with a round brush. My hair is smooth and sleek. I haven't noticed that it trains my hair to be straight, but it keeps my tresses sleek between washes so I won't complain. I find this works better for me than Kerastase and it's a fraction of the cost. I'm on my second bottle and will continue to purchase as I run out. My formerly poofy hair and I LOVE this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 4:46:00 AM More reviews by allxdolledxup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this! I have dry thick black poufy hair. At first i wasn't sure if this worked, but when i don't use it my hair is usually poufy. It doesn't make your hair stick straight, but I use this with blowdrying.

Scent: one friend said it smells a little like coconut? and this was a guy friend, and it's always a big plus when your guy friend tells you your hair smells nice

Price: 15dollars is a lil ehh... but considering i feel it gets the job done and well, i'm willing to spend the 15

Feel: It's a lighweight spray - and if you're like me who is a little heavy handed in product (i spray a lot of this on because sometimes I get the mentality that more is better), you'll appreciate that it doesn't weigh hair down (if your hair is thin, limp, and easily oily, it might be different. No residue on my hands afterwards

Use: I use this on 50% towel dried hair, spray liberally, blow dry (often without a brush), again, not stick straight and i haven't tried this with an iron, but definitely less poufy, smoother, and i don't get a weird "kink" in my hair that i usually do

To Compare: I've used sunsilk hydra tlc, extra strength frizz ease, heat protecting frizz ease, got2be smooth operator, body shop's smoothing balm and something from l'oreals salon line, plus a whole bunch of other stuff, but i feel this is the best for me and the best price compared to the salon stuff i've tried.

So definitely try this out - espeically if you have thick, dry-ish hair, that gets poufy!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by aledosandra

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first-ever review, and this product has inspired it! I love what this does to my hair. Sleek Memory has given me the closest thing to "normal" hair that I've ever had. My hair is wavy and fine and thick all at the same time. I know that sounds crazy, but individually my hair strands are very wispy and fine, and I have a TON of them. Combine that with it being wavy, and what I have is major fluffiness! Nexxus Sleek Memeory actually makes my hair lie down and look flat and sleek and shiny! Now all I have to do is blow it dry! I use my flat iron just for touch-ups here and there. I know many people are not after flat hair (lol), but all my life I have wanted "normal" hair that can have a cute hairstyle. I have always worn my hair long to give it some weight so it will lie down a little better. But hey I am 45 now and getting a little long in the tooth to have all this long hair (I'm no Demi Moore, unfortunately.) I have never been able to get a cute styled cut because with my fluffy mass of hair the styles wouldn't work or look right.

You do need to be careful not to use too much or your hair will look and feel greasy. And as for the "memory" part, well, it has not taught my hair to stay any straighter than before. But this product is excellent for taking out the waves and the fluffy volume and making my hair sleek and soft and glossy and straight. I am making an appointment to get a haircut that is appropriate for my age, now that Nexxus has given me normal hair!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by subhuman85

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Finally, my first holy grail hair product. Although I can't verify that it makes my hair "remember" the straight style I give it (as the bottle promises), I can say that this stuff works like a charm and makes my hair feel great to boot. This is the ideal straightening product for me - lotions and serums tend to weigh my hair down, while John Frieda's Straight Answer spray dries my hair out. This is what Straight Answer should be - sprays on incredibly light, smells fantastic, is filled with conditioning agents that make my hair feel soft and silky, and enhances and holds the straightening effect of my blow-dryer and flat iron better than anything else I've used. It's a light spray so it doesn't make my hair fall flat an hour after I've styled it, and it doesn't do anything funky with my hair's texture - just makes it look great and gives it a touchable softness. The fact that it protects from heat, so I have one less product to use in my styling routine, is a bonus. I've recently discovered the Nexxus haircare line and am absolutely loving it (the Maxximum hair spray is another must-have for me) - this product is just one more thing to love.