December 20, 2014 | 1517 users online

Moisturizers - Lancome - Primordiale Night Skin Recharge

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Nota

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this night cream, although it's a bit heavy for my normal skin. The smell is devine and the texture really nice. I'm not a big fan of Lancome's skin care products but this one cought my attention. My skin looks great in the morning, really moisturised and fresh. My expression lines seem to look smoother and less noticeable. I don't like the package. I think for this price Lancome should give us a more luxurius packaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by kaosgirl

I have been using this cream for a few years now and it is my holy grail night cream, every time I try something new I just keep coming back to this one. I'm not sure if the wonderous results I initially got from this product continued after a year of using but it's always reliable in keeping my skin smooth and radiant in the morning. It is a little heavy and greasy like other reviewers have said to use in humid weather but I've brought it to beach resorts with me and it hasn't caused any issues at all. The cream is very healing for acne scars or red irritated skin!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2010 7:23:00 PM More reviews by kaylo19

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I really like the texture and smell of this product and it definitely did a very good job at keeping my skin moisturized. It also seemed to give me clogged pores on my nose, which I never ever have...it was weird, I do sometimes get break outs, which this product did not aggravate at all and was in fact quite soothing for my skin overall, but every time I would use it the pores on my nose would become more noticeably clogged and oily. I am giving it a 3 because I think the moisturizer is good and would work well for some, it just did not suit me at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2009 11:11:00 AM More reviews by carolino

**UPDATE*** 6/27/2010
although I originally said this heavy cream was too much for humid nights.. I decided to stick to it for a couple of months -- and I am finally seeing a difference!! Although it's heavy, greasy and over fragranced for me (more like a greasy mess on my acne-prone face.. but didn't break me out), it really does it's job!

my skin looks a lot healthier, more radiant, even-toned and my smile lines look a lot less prominent!

the downside is, I had to use it for a couple of months to really see the results. I removed one lippy because of it's greasiness.

-------------------------------------------------------------

11/29/2009

Pros:
- doesn't break me out
- moisturizes fully - solves all my winter flakiness
- I don't need to put on much for it to moisturize my skin
- flakiness was gone within one night
- great for winters, but probably not in the summer!
- did not irritate acne

Cons:
- beware, if you live in humid places this might be too greasy for you
- despite every reviewer's comment on that "initial" greasiness.. the greasiness stayed no matter how long i rubbed it into my skin
- I am not a big fan of that Lancome fragrance, it caught me by surprise since I haven't used their skincare products for awhile
- feels heavy on the skin, a real cream

Overall, I don't see any dramatic difference in my skin, it's not anymore "radiant" or "uniform" or "healthier" as it reads on the lancome website. It moisturizes, and that's about it. I think you can find better, less greasy and expensive ways to moisturize your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by celymoon

I purchased this product along with the day time moisturizer and have been pleased with both. I've been using these products for over a year now and my skin has kept nice and smooth without any break outs. The night skin recharge is very moisturizing yet absorbs quickly. It feels a little greasy immediately after application, but that goes away after a few minutes. It does have a light fragrance, but nothing overwhelming. I usually apply just a few times a week since I don't like sleeping with product on my face. When I do use it, my face looks radiant and well moisturized in the morning. It's a very good night cream and I would recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2009 2:40:00 PM More reviews by wildcats72

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

THE BEST !

A little pricey..but what good quality department store moisturizer isn't ?

Evens my skin tone out, takes care of the dryness.. not too heavy for me at all..really sinks in to my skin..

I've repurchased this 2 times already..and on my way to buying a 3 rd tub.

hmm..seems to stop working/or not work as much after you use it for a while.
Okay, So I've been using this for almost a year now..and it still makes my skin look beautiful..but now I'm on the prowl for something that will even out my skin tone better

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2009 1:20:00 PM More reviews by Ronbong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first time I bought a full-size cream from Lancome. I tried many Lancome skincare samples and they just did not suit my oily acne-prone skin.

(+)
light, sinks in quickly
moisturizing enough for oily skin
next morning wake up with soft skin and not oily (this depends on where you live i.e. when I'm in the UK my skin is surprisingly matte the next morning but if I'm in Asia, it's still a little oily)
better than Darphin Arovita C cream

(-)
does not give a matte finish
quite expensive

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2009 6:54:00 PM More reviews by sierrah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried the Primordiale line based on all the good reviews here. Like another reviewer said, I can't believe I'm using skincare by Lancome! In the past, I've used products by Clarins, Dr. Perricone, Dr. Denese and Peter Thomas Roth. I still use some of PTR's unwrinkle products such as his Unwrinkle Pads and neck serum. However, I'm totally blown away by the night cream and day cream in this formulation. My skin has never glowed like this and its texture is so-o-o soft and hydrated! I don't know if it's the biotin (which is a mineral) in the product or what. I had a cold last week and the night cream healed the irritated skin just under my nose. It also stopped the itching and calmed a couple of spots of eczema I had developed during the winter. Last but not least, I've shocked a couple of younger women when they asked me my age! This cream gives you a glow and calms your skin like nothing else I've tried. And my skin is ultra sensitive!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2009 3:32:00 PM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I did like this when I started using it a week ago. It plumped up my skin and made it feel moisturized without being greasy. I was excited to see that petrolatum and mineral oil were two ingredients yet skeptical that this could moisturize without clogging pores. One week later, as I figured, my pores are clogged and my face stings because it is surprisingly dry all of the sudden. I am going back to my Intensive Moisture Balance with a few drops of Burt's Bee's ageless oil as my nighttime moisturizer. In addition, I didn't like the way lint and other particles quickly got into this jarred cream. Lastly, the fragrance, though fairly subtle, didn't jive with me either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2009 4:08:00 AM More reviews by jawbreaker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Wow! I call this my "magic cream" because it really is magical! I call this my Magic Creams because it soothes my skin, is never greasey, and I notice less lines around my face, and notice fewer pores. I would have never tried Lancome skin care because I always thought "they used a lot of perfumes in their makeup so they probably use a lot in their skincare"...but I was wrong! As I was getting tested for the right foundation shade, the SA removed my MU and asked if she could use a moisturizer, I said sure. She put this on, my face felt great, purchased the foundation and left. By the time I got home, I couldn't stop touching my face! My face alone felt great and was so smooth to the touch. I ran online to read more about it on their website and read the reviews here. To make a long story shorter, 3 days later I went back (would have went in earlier if I could!) and purchsed this and WOW...I am still in love! I have combination skin which has been more dry in the winter, and my skin is also sensitive, acne prone, prone to clogged pores, and I'm sensitive to scents. So....it is a real pain finding stuff that works for me. It has been 2 weeks and no breakouts, no clogged pores, my skin has a more even finish to it, and it is so soft! It leaves my skin moisturized and never greasy or too heavy feeling...which I thought maybe it would since it's in a jar and I'm just not used to being able to use 1) creams and 2) creams in jars. This cream has barely a scent to it, it isn't fragrance free but whatever scent it is, it is barely there and it does not bother me. This is my magic cream and I'm in love! I also have this in the day cream and like that, too. My skin just drinks this stuff up and I love the results! Also, I had been very sick and the skin under my nose was raw and not even aquaphor was helping....but I put some of this on it and within 1-2 days it was healed! I can't say enough about this stuff, I want to tell everyone I know about it because it really is that amazing! Such a gently product that really delivers and it helped soothe my skin that was a little irritated by the cold winds.

***EDIT*** Although I really love this cream, it seems it is irritating my rosacea! I'm very upset about this! Therefore, I am removing 2 lippies but I still feel very strongly about this and those w/o rosacea should definitely try it! Just a caution to those who have rosacea because it did irritate mine and I had to (sadly) discontinue use.