Aveeno Active Naturals Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream

4.5

Water, Glycerin, Panthenol, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Petrolatum, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour (Oat), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Oil (Oat), Ceramide 3, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (Oat), Methylparaben, Steareth 20, Benzalkonium Chloride Solution, Sodium Chloride

on 8/1/2015 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Don't waste your money on this. I have no idea why this has such good reviews. This only temporarily relieves itching from eczema. This cream is almost like a gel, it is not moisturizing at all and I had to reapply within the hour. It temporarily relives itching, but did not improve my eczema and did not moisturize. Also this is way overpriced. I have yet to find a good product from Aveeno. If you are struggling with dry skin and eczema try the CeraVe Moisturizing Cream, it is life changing!

on 6/15/2015 8:03:00 PM

Steroid Free & Fragrance Free Eczema Relief

First off, if you've been suffering from eczema related problems and using topical steroids to hold it at bay, stop now before it's too late.

For the last four months I've been using doctor prescribed topical steroids for my face (every two weeks for 2-3 days at a stretch) - which had become very sensitive to climate and water changes. I only have an extremely unwise 4 month long flirtation with Retin A to thank for this but back to the product at hand...

I'd started with Class 1 Steroids and moved my way down to Class 4 steroids but I realized that each and every one of the samples I received came with the same warnings about steroid overuse. After reading up on the longlasting effects of topical steroid overuse (thinning of skin, rebound effect) I'd been looking for a steroid free alternative to my problems but let's face it, it's pretty scary trying a new product even if you've read all the (mostly) positive reviews. On a recent trip to MD, my skin broke out in rashes so badly that I took the plunge and tried this cream out.

Results: Granted this is a steroid free product so the progress was relatively slow but on the first day the inflammation came down enough for me to apply cover for a get together in the evening. It's now been two days and my skin is about 75% recovered and I'm so glad I didn't turn to steroids to fix this - Believe me the allure of using topical steroids is a serious siren song especially if you want results fast but it's honestly a slippery slope - I'd gone from one application every other month, to every month, and then every two weeks within a few months and it was pretty scary.

Application: A little goes a long way, my skin is pretty dry at the moment but this cream is very moisturizing. It does NOT play well with physical sunscreens though and tends to pill if you try to layer them so for the time being I've resorted to using my pressed powder SPF till my skin calms down.

Care: I've read on some boards that on rare occasions some people may be allergic to colloidal oatmeal (an ingredient that Eucerin also uses in their eczema therapy relief cream) so before using, do a small patch test (I tried this on my hairline and jawline) before covering your entire face :)

on 4/21/2015 4:11:00 PM

I used to suffer from eczema for about 15 years so I have tried every single cream & ointment known to man. Unfortunately Aveeno and every other cream had little effect at all. Thankfully I was actually able to completely cure my eczema after my cousin told me how. I only had to do 2 things, which i will share below

1. Use a humidifier in your house. This will add moisture to the air and to your skin without you knowing.

2. Follow every step in the EFF guide seen at http://solvehealthproblem.com/eczema

Try those two steps and hopefully you will get as much luck with getting rid of eczema as i did. Just remember eczema is not a permanent problem, creams may slightly ease symptoms occasionally but you need to tackle the root cause.

on 3/5/2015 2:08:00 PM

I have had eczema about all my life (I'm 34). In the past I used mostly a topical cream my doctor prescribed. It is the worst after I get out of the shower - I look like a red spotted leopard! I tried Lush's Dream Cream after I saw some recommendations on here and from You Tubers. That stuff smells so bad and the price in Canada is about $35 for a little tub. I found it did help but at that price I couldn't justify paying that price every 3-4 weeks for that small of a container and I didn't like the smell.

I am soooo glad I tried this cream! It has no smell and I got the medium size and the large size. My eczema cleared up within about 2 weeks after using it daily. I no longer have rashes all over my body when I get out of the shower. Nor do I have to use my prescribed cream. I still continue to use it daily for maintenance.

Despite the good reviews here I do not consider this product to be distinguished
it is expensive & it is slightly effective on eczema . I got better result with much cheaper
local ointment

on 2/24/2015 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

My entire 26 year existence has been plagued with allergies, eczema, skin sensitivities. My skin has always been dry and break outs are a rarity. My decision to go on oral contraceptives when I got married only exacerbated the dryness. My skin was flaking off my body. When I would change clothes, skin flakes would fly everywhere. My hands were cracking and bleeding. Any contact with water on my open skin burned. Two years of misery went by before I realized the birth control pills might be the cause of my woes. My doctor switched me to depo provera. I saw almost immediate improvement but I believe my skin has gotten more sensitive. I'm not as dry but now I frequently get eczema patches on face, where previously it was only on my extremities. I'm a nurse and a very motherly coworker kept telling me to use aveeno all over. I've been prescribed tac cream, halobetasole, etc. I've used high end and drug store moisturizers and lotions. Nothing works for me like aveeno. I've used all three varieties my Target carries and they all work for me. It is my one and done moisturizer that I can use head to toe. It works beautifully under makeup. My foundation goes on smoothly and my skin is soft and hydrated all day. I will never be without this product.

on 2/10/2015 4:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

OMG ! A HOLY GRAIL !!
i cannot believe that i actually found a cream for my seborrheic dermatitis ..not expensive...no harsh chemicals...safe to use daily
it makes my skin so soft and clear from any dry batches
a little bit goes a long way and the tube is really big so it's gonna last for ages
i cannot live without this ! seriously !

on 2/8/2015 6:45:00 PM

Let me start off by saying that I have been prone to eczema since a young age. I would get extreme and stubborn eczema that was only relieved by corticosteroids. The eczema I am currently battling is neurodermatitis and is located on the back of my neck and up a bit past my hairline. It was horrible to the point where I would not wear my hair up because I didn't want anyone to see the back of my neck.
I had been using a corticosteroid to treat it, but it was only relieving my symptoms when constantly applied. I was 14/15 and struggling to remember to apply the cream anyways, plus it got in my hair and made an oily mess.
I am now 16 and once my prescription ran out, I purchased the Aveeno Active Naturals Eczema Care Moisturizing Cream. I have been applying this product once in the morning, once at night, and on any occasion when I feel the need to scratch and have been doing so for two weeks. All flaking has completely stopped and the bright, dark red has become a slight pink. The cream itself is a bit thicker and a little goes a long way. This bottle will last me a long time. It is not messy and it is not oily, although I am careful about how much I put directly around my hairline. I also started using it on my dry hands in the winter. I exfoliated my hands and applied the lotion afterward, the results immediate. My hands have never felt this soft.
Overall I recommend this product to anyone battling any form of eczema who needs a break from oily corticosteroids and topical ointments. The ingredients have been agreeable with my somewhat sensitive skin and I have experienced only positive results so far.

I'm going to start off by saying that I only have a small amount of eczema that happens in the winter around the outer corners of my eyes. When it first cropped up it was quite unsightly. It was red and flakey and I was tempted to go to the doctor and get a prescription but I thought I'd try this and I'm glad I did. I just dabbed a small amount on the eczema and within a few days it was gone! I kept using it for a while just in case and eventually I stopped and it started to come back a bit but I continued to apply the lotion and it went away again. I haven't had this problem since :) I also really liked the consistency of this product, moisturizing but not oily.

on 1/8/2015 1:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I get small patches of eczema on my face. Elidel (prescription) cream works great at controlling the eczema but I have to use it everyday and you're not supposed to do that. So I was searching for something a little more mild OTC to keep things under control. I tried cetaphil moisturizing cream (the thickest you can get) and it did nothing to tame the red, itchy eczema. But this Aveeno cream worked very well to quite down my angry skin. I did get one small pimple near where I've been applying the cream but I am not positive it was from the Aveeno. The only reason I gave this 4 instead of 5 lippies was because I still have to apply this everyday in order to keep the eczema controlled.