April 16, 2014 | 1123 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Wiz

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I said I would buy this again because I didn't want to ruin the score. When I ordered this from Sephora I went for Ash Blonde which is perfect for my colouring. What I'm not thrilled with is the packaging. It feels like a Bic pencil in that it feels kinda flimsy like it could break very easily. My Miliani Easy Brow in Taupe has a better spoolie and more product. This one though is the most natural and matches me best but it's very hard to get product on my brows.

My brows are pretty full so I need more definition and shape. This does that so I will use it till it's out but this is not a repurchase for me. It's really good but the spoolie isn't that dense like the Easy Brow one so for me maybe it is just preference. I like it I just wish this colour came in the Miliani packaging then it would be perfect. I do not dislike it and I would recommend it for those who need more precision and control over their eyebrows:)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by uraznbabygurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I rely heavily on filling my brows to obtain insta-hotness. I've had a long-term love affair with MUFE Aqua Brow. It definitely was smudgeproof, and it actually had a brown-black color that is really hard to find. Over the years that I've used it though, I realized that it was difficult to make my brows look natural with it and it didn't add much dimension to my sparse brows.

I decided to try Brow Wiz as a replacement. I can say I ADORE this product. I've used other brow pencils in the past (NYX, Rimmel, Wet n Wild). The Anastasia has a considerably firmer texture than the ones I've mentioned. I find that this gives you more control with how light/dark you want to fill your brows in. Also, I think that this is a great choice with those with oilier skin. Waxy brow pencils AND the MUFE tend to give me the "sweaty" brow look that is not cute IMO. I always prime my brows with eyeshadow primer, and I didn't see that this pencil had any trouble holding up. It also has a really fine tip that allows me to get crisp, clean lines ... especially at the bottom border of my brows where I like to draw my arch (drawing in at the top border looks more unnatural to me). I don't really use the spoolie that much, but it is nice to have especially when I go too heavy with the inner corner. The last selling point for me is that I can do my brows pretty fast with this pencil; whereas I really had to take my time with the MUFE. Priming + drawing in + setting with the Tinted Brow Gel takes me less than 2 minutes.

The color range is definitely something to write home about. MUFE does have more options (8), but many other lines would have 4-5 max. Anastasia offers 7 options, and I would say that there are 3 options for those with black hair depending on your taste. Brunette/Dark Brown works for those who prefer warmer toned brows, Ebony (which I use) is pretty neutral, and Granite is cooler-toned. For reference, I switched from MUFE Aqua Brow in #40. I would guess #35 = Granite, and #30 = Brunette/Dark Brown.

Natural is definitely the name of the game with this product. My mom tends to be brutally honest about my makeup. Ever since I've been using this product, she's been genuinely complimenting my brows. The guy I am seeing now is pretty damn good at spotting things like bronzer, highlighting, and fake lashes. I finally told him that I feel like I'm nothing without my brows, which he replied that he couldn't tell that I fill mine in. Those comments make this product a SCORE for me!

Despite its greatness, I do find that the pencil is pretty pricey for what it is. I've played with other higher end brow pencils as well. I really do feel like this is on a (higher) league of its own. Until I find a suitable replacement, I will stick with Anastasia.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/7/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by alliebegood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I rebought this pencil about 6 times but I am finally calling it quits. It runs out or breaks anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks into using it. Not really worth the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2014 12:32:00 AM More reviews by RussianChick

If I could give this product zero lippies, I would. I was really excite to try this eyebrow pencil but now that I have.. I have no idea why there is so much hype around it. This is truly the worst eyebrow pencil I have ever used! It is horrid!! Awful. Words can't describe how much I hate it. I own it in the color soft brown and it literally vanishes from my eyebrows in a matter of minutes, without any disturbance/rubbing my face or sweating. It just comes right off. I can use the cheap Revlon eyeshadow that I have to fill in my eyebrows and get far better results. When I use the Revlon eyeshadow to fill in my brows, it almost lasts through my hour long cardio session at the gym, but when I use brow wiz it barely lasts long enough for me to walk out of the door with. I can't even imagine the performance of this pencil in humid areas. I am so disappointed with it. It was a complete waste of money. If I could return it, I would. I would never buy it again and would not recommend it to anyone. Ever.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2014 6:08:00 PM More reviews by JMG2012

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I am stuck on this product---I really love it but it runs out so quick! The brush ALWAYS breaks off and that makes me mad since it is $21. I use this in ebony and it is a perfect match for me and looks nice and natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2014 4:42:00 PM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I thought this product would be a HG but it hasn't reached that status yet. It is a very very good product and does everything it promises. I had been using a Revlon brow pencil prior to this, and the Brow Wiz blows it out of the water. The color match is much better, and it doesn't look as unnatural. The thin pencil is a pro and a con. It allows for a precise application but I am always worried I will break it. It is costly, but I think the brow wiz is worth it for those of us who are obsessed with keeping our brow game on point.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:06:00 PM More reviews by elidee14

This is the first pencil brow filler i've used and really really like it. It's not too creamy or too dry. It looks natural. I think it's easier to fill in you eyebrows with a pencil because you have more control over it. After i fill my eyebrows in i set it with an eyeshadow. Since i have extremely oily skin it fades a little at the beggining of my brows when i blot.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2014 7:25:00 AM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will continue to repurchase this excellent product. I think there are other items at a cheaper price point that will do the same thing (the Sephora brand, MAC pencil, and Maybelline define-a-brow are all great options) but where the Anastasia Brow Wiz stands above its competitors are in the colour shades. As opposed to other brands, Anastasia manages to put out appropriately cool, ashy tones that appear very natural against more skin tones, and for me, nothing has come close to the Brow Wiz in that regard.

This pencil is not at all creamy or overly pigmented- in fact if you run it against the back of your hand you will struggle to get a clear swatch. But this really helps to create natural, light strokes that mimic hair and create a flattering brow shape.

The best I've tried! Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

This is a FANTASTIC brow pencil, albeit a little overpriced for what it does. It's a very skinny, automatic brow pencil with a brush at one end. It comes in 6-7 colors at Sephora and has two shades for people with black hair, a warmer brown-black (Graphite) and a cooler black (Ebony). NOTE: Not all Sephoras carry all shades of this pencil, which is a pain!

I use the shade Ebony for my black-haired but sparse brows and I love it! Using gentle, repetitive brushing motions, I can draw in any gaps in my brows and shape/extend them without making it look obvious that my brows are drawn in. This isn't the type of product for someone who wants super strong brows, but it's great for everyday use. It also photographs well without pulling too pale or grey.

At $21, I think this pencil is a bit overpriced since drugstores used to carry very similar products with similar packaging, but lately drugstores have been lacking in their brow products for dark brows. I'll gladly cough up the money for something like this since it works so well and it actually matches my brows!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by beecky

HG brow product. I use this with the brow powder duo. I have this pencil in brunette and have almost black hair (very dark ash brown) and it's perfect. Brunette is actually quite dark, but I find it all depends on how heavy of a hand you use. I use the brow powder in ebony just for reference as well. My favorite thing about this pencil is actually the color, I love that it has no warm/red times to it, like the old pencil I was using. You can get this pencil in a different color that does have warm times however, so it matches your hair tone. I just found it very difficult to find an eyebrow pencil with ash tones, and I've found it ! This pencil is also a twist up, not one you have to sharpen which is a huge plus as well. Comes with a handy little comb on the end too to tidy your brows and soften them and blend the color after you've pencilled them. Ill use this brow pencil forever :) Extremely impressed.