July 30, 2014 | 1621 users online

Brows - Anastasia Of Beverly Hills - Brow Wiz

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by Romyw

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the shade ash blonde/taupe. As I am getting older I am learning a lot about how little makeup I can get away with and which products I cannot live without.
A good brow pencil (ie good brows) is/are essential. (in addition to: nice skin, great eyelashes, and a nice clean lip). All the other makeup stuff is great... But as you get older and your eyeshadow creases and foundation cakes and settles... You realize you just need to play the heck out of what you have left.
I had used Anastasia's stencil kit and brow powder duo years ago (and have reviewed this kit and highly recommend it) but opted for a pencil .. (Clinique's) and kinda just kept going with it. I wasn't 100% pleased though, so looked to the brow expert once again-Anastasia.
This pencil by Anastasia is LITERALLY the color of my eyebrows and is so forgiving... its like its soft and firm at the same time??!? And the spoolie on the other end is ideal for brushing through and shaping as you go. You can stroke in lines as long as you need to to get the right shape without moving away from the mirror only to realize you have gone way too heavy. You will be left with perfect, natural looking, defined brows. A must for any woman.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Sara23

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know if its my skin or if I got a dud dried out Brow Wiz, but I find this product really doesn't work that well for me. I have the dark brown/brunette and I find if I try and do little feathered strokes to get a natural look, nothing really happens. It only seems to work if I draw very heavy, thick lines, which is a bit disappointing as I bought the product on the understanding that the fine point was great for drawing natural looking brows. I also have the Anastasia Brow Gel, which I purchased with the Brow Wiz on the understanding it sets the Brow Wiz. However, I find it actually removes the Brow Wiz, which is rather annoying considering how long it takes me to get any colour out of the Brow Wiz. The one thing I do like about this is the spoolie tool on the end of the Brow Wiz. However, its not my favourite product and I won't be repurchasing it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

I do not understand the positive raves about this product. I hate it. It is one of the scratchiest pencils with drag I have ever used. I've thrown it out and will continue to use my MAC pencil which I adore..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by acupofsarah

Have always found filling in my eyebrows a struggle but this product completely changed that, so easy to use and very natural looking. Will definitely stick with Anastasia when it comes to eyebrows.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 12:26:00 PM More reviews by foxbaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have this in the color Medium Brown and I really like it. This color matches my darker roots and I really love how the small crayon pencil gives me more control in filling in my brows than other pencils I've tried. This product makes it really easy to achieve perfect brows and I like that it's not super pigmented, which makes it easier to blend. It's double-sided and comes with a spooley on the other end. I haven't used the spooley side yet, but I'm glad that it's there just in case I ever don't have my other spooley to help me out. This product is longlasting, easy to apply, and totally worth it for $20.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2014 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Gjones7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

so I much prefer brow pencils than powders, and I have now tried the hourglass arch brow pencil, Kevyn aucoin brow pencil and now Anastasia brow wiz. All products have their pros and cons but for me, Anastasia brow wiz in soft brown is the most natural looking and closest to the perfect colour. The packaging is kind of cheap compared to the other two, and the spooly is quite scratchy. Nonetheless it's a great brow pencil and I find it lasts a lot longer if I use a wax on my brows before I use it.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by ughlexuh

I have pretty oily skin, and I am afraid this was way too waxy for me. The tips were always fading, even when I set them with an eyeshadow, or translucent powder. Would not buy again. I would recommend the dipbrow instead if you have oily skin like me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by xpinkangelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely amazing eyebrow pencil love it and will never go back to anything else. I use this in ebony and it gives the most natural looking brows, they actually look like real hairs. Only bad points are the packaging which tends to waste the last bit of pencil because it won't come up and the price is a bit steep but I will continue to purchase and always have a backup, wish I had discovered it earlier!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/9/2014 5:44:00 PM More reviews by yangtanw

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

anastasia brow products are extremely overpriced. there are a lot of japanese drugstore eye brow products that are identical and only cost a fraction of the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by jaysfan652

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have very sparse, thin brows and they need quite a bit of help. Thanks to Brow Wiz, it doesn't take as much effort to fill them in! I love the colour selection, and the super thin pencil applicator. It makes my brows look so natural, and not drawn on. Since the pencil is so thin, it is easy to make fine hair-like strokes to make your brows look completely natural. The price tag is a bit high, but I think it is worth it. Another bonus is - you don't have to sharpen the pencil.