October 20, 2014 | 1789 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Shea Whip Body Lotion

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by tabacblond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't really understand why this one is called whipped, but the smell is horrible. It is really reminds of some sort of cheap man cologne :( And the smell sticks for a long time. It dries quickly but not quick enough to use int the mornings. Definitely not repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 7:04:00 PM More reviews by VasilikiLampri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this lotion!I am a big fan of the shea butter range,so i couldnt help but fall in love with it!I prefer the body butter as it creamier and makes my skin as soft as velvet is.But as the weather gets warmer(i live in Greece <3) it takes a while for it to get absolutely absorbed.I wanted something quite moisturizing,but lighter!Aaaand,that;s it!It leaves my skin super soft.To be honest,it is not very different for an averange good body lotion.Except for the smell!That smell,my God! Either you love it,or you hate it!I personally,think is the best smell,so nutty and sexy,and tropical!!I love how it lingers on my skin and clothes!! also use the shea butter body mst!Great combination!So dinstinctive smell!My boyfriend loves that too!Although it is quite pricey,i will for ever repurchase! am addictided to how gorgeuous my skin is by using these products,and the smell! Best smell ever <3

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2013 1:06:00 AM More reviews by cakepie

i got this half price so it was i steal and i am pretty pleased about it.mind you i have dry skin this smells like the shea body butter but just a bit different it feels creamy but not thick and it moisturises for a while and then my skin starrts going all dry again it terrible but then again i am glad i got it half price.any goood recomendations for lotions ?

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2013 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Hadeel17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

If you have dry or really dry skin you will be a fan of this. The reason why I gave this a 4-star rating is because the moisturizing effect disappears after a little while but that's fine with me because I use a body butter anyways to keep my body soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 9:33:00 AM More reviews by Nazhuka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love how this comes with a pump! It's easy to get the product, and it's hygienic too. :) This lotion is thicker compared to the other lotions I've tried from TBS, but I like how moisturizing it is. It makes me skin feeling so very soft. The best part? The lotion is absorbed really quirky into the skin. No more eeky, sticky feeling! I find that it is best to use this cream during the really hot (& humid) months - their body butters are a bit too much. The scent is pretty neutral but not very strong; it's lasting power is pretty ok, or perhaps it's a sign that I've gotten used to it. The only downside is that I find it slightly expensive for that amount... Their packaging, while hygenic, makes it very hard to get the lotion when there's a little left.
Nonetheless, I will continue to stock up these during the hot months, or whenever there is a sale ;)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2013 3:57:00 PM More reviews by Jorid

I love that this comes in a pump, and the scent is nice. A scent that reminds me of summer and beaches. The lotion itself has a nice consistency, but it seems a bit watery. I don't really like the moisturizing effect of this, somehow it's not moisturizing enough but still feels a bit sticky on the skin. it's annoyingly hard to get out the last bits of the lotion, so the packaging could have been a little bit better.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2013 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Listerine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this lotion! It absorbs beautifully, and being an acne prone individual, I've had no issues with arm breakouts - which can happen to me quite frequently with lotions.

The scent is fantastic. Very clean, almost like a luxury type soap. I've been searching for a scent that was not too overpowering, but very clean so I can layer with my sweeter vanilla scent and this is it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by feliciatjk

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This is my current HG moisturiser! :*:*
Pros:
- it has thick and whipped texture that leaves your arms and feet soft and velvety smooth for more than 3 hours (i use it everyday to school)
- it has a mysterious scent, between nutty and perfumey scents, that suits both men and women.Personally, i adore these type of scents :-) and the staying power is amazing though.
- the packaging comes in pump :D
- very economical in use, i have been using this for 4 months and it can last until the next 3 months :-)
Cons:
-the price may be expensive, but it worths.
- i hate how the lotion dries in the edge of the pump, so when you dispense some lotion to your hands, you will get some disgusting dried lotion, and the same thing also happens to the sweet lemon and mango whip :-(
-contains parabens and fragrance, duh!
I have never praised a lotion before, but i just wanted to share how wonderful this stuff works!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2012 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I just got this a few days ago on a whim, because I had a gift card at TBS and didn't know what to get - but I am so positively surprised! I've used it as a hand lotion, and it works amazingly well for my super dry hands! It is also very easy to use because of the pump bottle, it sinks in really fast and doesn't leave a greasy surface, and it smells fantastic! Only downside is the high price, but it's worth it.

Edit: I'm knocking off one point due to the unnatural ingredients list. Five different parabens!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2012 1:39:00 PM More reviews by Feliciatjkr

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Just bought this lotion a few weeks ago, and i loooooooove the scent so much.The scent lasts for 5 hours or maybe more. And it mosturises well, but not as greasy as the body butter. Love this product!