September 19, 2014 | 1179 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Gold Bond - Extra Strength Medicated Body Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by rrrkadirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My legs get super itchy after showering, so I always reach for this stuff because it stops the itching dead in its tracks. I don't think I've ever applied this lotion to my entire body, but I have put it on my arms and legs just before bed, and I actually find the sensation to be quite soothing and relaxing as I'm snuggled in my bed under the covers while watching a favorite tv show or movie. I enjoy the smell, too. But I'm actually a big fan of minty/menthol scents, even in lip products. If you enjoy the "Spearmint and Eucalyptus" candle by Bath and Body Works, you will enjoy the scent of this lotion. I find it very clean and invigorating, yet soothing and calming. My husband also likes it as a hand lotion, as he says it is the only lotion that soothes his dry/chapped hands during the colder months. Will definitely continue to purchase.
xo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Jaynne

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I made the mistake of putting this on all over after bathing. It was an evening bath, and I was going to bed right after. Holy crap. I couldn't get warm and I couldn't sleep. I might as well have been trying to sleep on stone-cold concrete. I felt like my core body temperature was dropping into hypothermia zones and I felt awful! Sheeit, if I'd known that 'medicated' meant 'mentholated' I wouldn't have purchased this formula (because I do have GB favourites) - but it was on sale, and one always needs a good body lotion so I picked it up. Ugh! This wasn't it for me! Burrrrr!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by violet5748

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This might sound completely strange but this helps my body acne. My upper arms (from the elbow crease to my shoulders) do have pimples and when I use acne medication on them, they become dry And itchy and when I scratch my arms I break out more in that area. So medicine doesn't really help me in that situation. But this product does. It has stopped me from itching at my arms and I don't use acne medication on my arms anymore. This had helped me so much, it really cools down my arms and its not only good for acne, it's good for burns and I put this on my legs after I shave to prevent razor burn. I buy this product from Walmart and its like 6 bucks but I usually buy the equate version of it which is like 4 bucks. It's the exact same thing. I have used this product for over 2 years and ill never switch again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by kristinlove13

I wish I would have read these reviews BEFORE I applied this to my whole body, it's 40 degrees outside >.< Lol I feel like an idiot. :P
But, I realize this product it best for sunburns(:

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Catttt

Since Bath and Body Works reformulated their Twisted Peppermint lotion the past two years, I've been searching for another lotion that has the same cooling/tingling effect. I bought this lotion specifically for that reason but I'm disappointed. I don't feel anything. Have I become immune to menthol? (C.O. Bigelow's Mentha lotion stopped cooling me too before I finished the bottle last year.)

Other than that, this is a decent lotion. It's a little stinky at first -- smells like some Chinese herbal thing I can imagine my parents or grandparents using. The smell fades to a tolerable level but it does linger faintly. The texture is nice, sinks in pretty fast in less than five minutes. (The lotions I don't like are the really greasy ones that keep you incapacitated for half an hour while you try to avoid touching anything.) If I didn't already have too many so-so lotions to use up, I wouldn't mind keeping this one around until I got to it. As it is though, seeing as I bought it only for the cooling effect (which it doesn't provide for me), I'm returning it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 7:45:00 AM More reviews by oscarnabby

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I laughed when I read the previous reviewer's review, because it is so true!! This is an excellent lotion for relieving itching in a small area, but you are going to freeze your ass off if you use it as an all-over body lotion, especially straight out of the shower!! Even in the summer months I can't stand that feeling. I do use it though, as I said, on small itchy areas, and it relieves the itching and then the cooling sensation feels nice and provides needed relief. So it really is an effective product, as are all the Gold Bond products I have used.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Honeywell66

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because my skin has been so itchy this winterómust be the overheated, very dry air. Anyway, I used this lotion then proceeded to FREEZE my a$% off. Seriously, the menthol in this product is listed as an anti-itch "active ingredient," and it does work in that capacity, but only because it makes you so damn cold you're distracted from the itchies.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by dmchee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this because I have been getting super itchy skin all over my legs, arms, stomach and neck/chest. No rash, hives or dryness, just..super itchy. Maybe from the sudden onset of hot weather, still don't know. Nevertheless, I desperately slathered this stuff all over my body after a warm shower. The main ingredients are menthol and dimethicone. Not sure what the dimethicone is for, but menthol is the minty component of chewing gum and is the reason for the COLD feeling upon application. I suppose the cold feeling is what causes the relief from itching, but for me, the cooling effect was short-lived, and once the cooling sensation ended, the itching returned. Skin feels moist, but it wasn't dry to begin with. Meh. Feels good on a hot day, at least.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 1:23:00 AM More reviews by insanity89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

relieves itching very well, however, if you use too much, it makes you very cold. i use it on my legs and it works very well but they were very cold for a while after applying it. however it worked for about 8 hours

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2010 10:54:00 AM More reviews by xcheck

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This comes in a pump bottle and a little goes a long way. I had extremely itchy, dry skin. Because this has menthol, it takes away the itch but leaves you FREEZING COLD. Like the other reviewer said, don't use this all over your body on a cold day or you will freeze for about 10 minutes. I used this on dry hands and got immediate relief. It's a drugstore basic and priced reasonably. I just give it a 4 because the menthol makes it really uncomfortable if you use it as a whole body lotion.