July 29, 2014 | 902 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Natural Match in 4N Dark Brown

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2009 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Chapys

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am really satisfied with my results after trying this hair color!! I was a little skeptic that this would deliver a natural and true dark brown after being disappointed many times with a horrible witch dark black result from other dyes such as Natural Instincts Dark Brown and don't even get me started on Colorsilk's Dark Brown..ugh!..that one took over a month to fade into an actual brown. But back to this wonderful experience, I had a brassy faded medium brown color and was ready to go back to my original dark brown ASAP! This product gave me that rich dark brown that I was looking for, not too dark and not too light, just right. I really like that it has no ammonia and that it is not a permanent dye, because I don't want to add on more damage to my already fried hair lol..but this is a wonderful alternative for those ladies who have been disappointed with other semi permanents like natural Instincts that just leave you with extremely dark results that take multiple washes to fade. It has only been two days since I dyed my hair so I cannot comment on the lasting power of this shade but I hope it does not disappoint!! For now I am very pleased and would purchase this again. I am really glad another reviewer posted pictures comparing the shades because that was the boost I needed to convince myself to go out and buy this product! Thanks.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2008 5:03:00 AM More reviews by AshleyJensen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was a very very light golden blonde and I wanted to go a dark brown but didn't want to pay alot of money for a salo nto help me do this. (Also all the salons I went too said there was no way I could go brown, that they would have to "also" apply a color filler-in" which would be an additional 4o dollars)...I believe salons do nothing but lie. I went out,l grabbed Loreal natural match in 4N Dark brown..did a strand test..it came out a beautiful dark brown..so I went for it..applied it all over my very blond hair and I now have awesome beautiful rich brown. 30 minutes as said. No problems at all. And...oh look...NO COLOUR FILLER IN needed. geez i am dying to go back to these salons and say...hah. Wow you were wrong. Rip off places. Also..I now use pantene brunette to keep it looking good..its the BEST for brunettes as far as how "awful it is for your hair..thats also crap. It has made my split ends practically dissapear. Yes theres wax but Ive been using it for two months and have gotten so many compliments on the health of my hair and the shin.

Do not be afraid to try loreal natural match. Did wonders for me and didnt cost me more than $12. Salons will lie to you about what what it will "take" to go blond to brown. dont buy into it. Grab natural match.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2008 5:37:00 AM More reviews by jamiemp

I have to say that this is one of the best home haircolor's I have used. Normally my hair feels like a dry, tangled mess after rinsing out color, but this made my hair feel pretty smooth pre-conditioning treatment! The conditioner itself is lovely (wish I could buy it on its own). This was the first time my hair didn't come out of a home dyeing session looking like a frizzy mess (perhaps the work of that serum/oil you add to the mix at the start?). I did deduct one lippie for the color result...While it is mostly what I wanted, it didn't totally eliminate the reddish tint I get when I dye my hair dark brown. I might try 4C next time, the "dark ash brown," which is a bit cooler than this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by jacquiesaur

Although the color on the box is different from the result that it gives me, I'm in love with how my hair condition actually improved. It looks so much shinier, and i love LOVE love the conditioner they give you. it last so long and really "glosses" my hair. <3