Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

4.8

Nylon 60% Polyester 40%

on 8/24/2015 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love to exfoliate - it makes me feel like a lizard who has shed it's skin and I feel shiny and new. This exfoliating cloth is excellent. It has the right amount of scrubbiness (spell check didn't pick that up so it's clearly a word) and I love how my moisturiser sinks in afterwards. A word of caution - don't scrub too hard. The first time I used it, I used a lot of force and it made my skin a bit sore. Just be gentle and the cloth is rough enough to do it's job without much pressure.

However, I have to say that I prefer exfoliating mitts to cloths. I find the cloths awkward to use and you have to fold the Salux up to make it useable. Although it's great because it's big enough to do you back, a mitt is easier. I prefer the Riffi mitt to the Salux - both exfoliate really well but the mitt wins for convenience.

on 8/17/2015 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I can't see myself bathing with anything else. Honestly, i don't feel "clean" when using something else to bath with.

on 8/16/2015 7:03:00 PM

These are the best! They ship fast too!

on 7/24/2015 4:47:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I find the knockoff brands just as good.
If I am making a larger order on amazon I may add the name brand in my cart but otherwise I just pick the cheaper version at Walmart and it works just as well.
They last a long time and really exfoliate the skin.
It may feel harsh when using for the first couple times as it is more exfoliating than a loofah.
Really has helped with the overall tone of the skin on my body. Smoothed any rough patches and makes my skin soft and healthy looking.

on 7/21/2015 9:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Definitely do not recommend for sensitive skin. Even if used gently, I found this to be way too harsh for me. I used it on my legs where I am normally itchy due to dry flaky skin and I feel like it just stripped it. In a bad way. My legs were beet red.
I also used this on my shoulders as I have acne there and this pretty much just ripped off dry skin and left nasty red marks.

on 6/15/2015 2:53:00 AM

I don't waste money on buying body scrubs thanks to these towels. They exfoliate really well. I've been using towels like these since I was a kid (thanks to my Korean mom) and I've developed the skin for the texture. It can be abrasive if you're not used to it for the first few times (or have super sensitive skin) but using it once or twice a week will keep your skin feeling smooth and super fresh. For me, not using it makes me feel like I haven't washed! Just don't use this on your face as it's a little too rough.

You can usually find these at a oriental store that cost around 4-6 USD. It seems a bit much for a towel but they last a long long time (I've had my current one for 6 months and it works like I just bought it) They're more hygienic than a loofah because after you use it you can completely rinse it and hang it like a towel to dry. If you're really picky about clean things you can even throw it in the washer. However, don't throw it in with anything nice or shower towels. The towel has a texture where it can roughen fabrics up and hold on to small pieces of lint.

You won't have to use as much body wash as you would without a loofah or wash cloth. The salux lathers soap up really well. Overall, this product is great! If its too rough for your skin you can always use it to scratch your back lol.

on 5/25/2015 1:57:00 AM

I've been trying to avoid cleansers with plastic exfoliants, I love a good body scrub though. These bath towels are perfect. They are rough enough to soothe the bottoms of my feet but at the same time not to rough for the rest of my body. I buy mine on eBay for just a few dollars

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

great for body exfoliation

on 5/17/2015 7:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This feels so amazing. It works great too. I have my mom and my husband hooked on them too. This, in conjunction with my knockoff baiden mitten, has left my skin super soft and lotion really absorbs well. It's a bit too early to tell, but I'm hoping it helps my KP....

Japanese bath towels are amazing, but I've found that I prefer other brands to Salux. As far as I know, Salux towels come in a single weave density while many of their competitors (e.g., Cure Series http://www.amazon.com/Cure-Japanese-Exfoliating-Bath-Towel/dp/B00FGGW7KY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1431391035&sr=8-2&keywords=japanese+bath+towel) come in a variety of weaves. I ended up getting the "super hard" weave from Cure Series for aggressive exfoliating and the Aisen Extra Soft towel for everyday use.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools