August 22, 2014 | 1076 users online

Skincare - Face - Jamieson - Vitamin E 100% Pure Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Junkie1

I'm shocked that this product has such a low rating. I've purchased this for the 3rd time today. I use it on my hands and it's made a world of difference. My hands used to be so dry I could use them to sand the wall (I kid you not). I just put this once in the morning, rub it in and my hands remain soft. This is one product that I will keep purchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by starstruck82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I used this topically for a few months on my facial skin and quite frankly saw absolutely no resullts -- it claims to diminish wrinkles and fine lines and reduce visible scarring. I've tried this as an diy under eye treatment mixed with evening primerose oil which did nothing. - also used it nighly on my face to get rid of acne scars and discolouration which again gave no results. It only made me feel gross n gooey as the oil is really heavvy and thick.... BUT THiS IS AMAZING FOR YOUR LIPS!! It gave me the most smoooth, soft and moisturized lips. Gone are my lips that were always so dry n chapped all the time. I've been using it nightly and its amazing :) defo recommend to try this out if you didn't have much success with it used on the face.. For more info read my blog: http://missrubyroo.blogspot.ca/2014/04/diy-lip-treatmeant-for-smoother-softer.html?m=0

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Iwantcoffee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Ok, so it's sticky, but the results are worth it! I need so little of it, the bottle will last for eons! I use it at night over top of my serum before bed under my eyes and around where my crow's feet are forming, and on my forehead and laugh lines. I wake up with drastically reduced lines compared to the serum alone! My face in the morning is smooth, soft (no sticky), and virtually lineless! I'm impressed, seeing as I've tried much more expensive night creams that didn't do nearly as well! I won't use it on my face in the morning though: too sticky, and no need to! Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 3:24:00 AM More reviews by VictoriaLauren13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was having a terrible time with some sort of reaction on my forehead and around the laugh lines from my nose to mouth that caused my skin to be flakey and dry and just a complete pain. I tried so so many products but nothing worked. This stuff saved my skin. It moisturized and got rid of all the inflammation and flakiness almost immediately. Since it has no fragrance it is wonderful for sensitive skin. It makes a great lip moisturizer and cuticle oil as well. Fantastic product!! Highly recommend.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2013 9:51:00 PM More reviews by lolakissxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this product works well! IT IS very sticky but hey what can you do is 100% pure vitamin E oil , I use this if I get a scar on my face or even use it on my lips to moisturize. For my face when I clean it off it is very soft but I try not to apply too much incase it will clog my pores and cause acne. So far I cant complain! Gonna keep using on scars since I did see a bit of improvement :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2012 11:08:00 PM More reviews by chrissie8809

I use this oil at night as a full face treatment. I have seen a huge difference in the texture and brightness of my skin & i love it!

The oil is very very sticky and takes a long time to be absorbed but it really works wonders.

I've used this on stretch marks for a few months and can see it working.

The packaging is very basic...a sturdy glass bottle with a plastic spatula attached to the cap. Make sure to wipe excess product off, as it definitely picks up way too much.

Please try this! You'll love it if you can get past the stickiness

rated 2 of 5 on 3/9/2012 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Lebris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product to apply to some scars I had. It was recommended by a kind woman at the Shoppers Counter. I used it for two weeks and got no results. The products tends to splatter and the wand is useless. My skin won't respond to this product. Next time, I will buy the Vitamin E pills and break them in half. That might work better.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by rebsays

I bought this for a big cut i recently had on my forehead, and decided to also try it out on some acne scabs. This really helped the acne scabs, they healed remarkably quickly with no scarring afterwards. The cut is still healing, so I'll have to see how well it works on the larger scar. For now, it seems to work great. I don't mind the packaging - I just use the wand to put a dab a bit on the back of my hand, and then use my fingers to massage it into the scar (i don't touch the wand directly to the scab/cut).

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by JamaicanWhitie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Used this on pre-existing brown marks/scars on face for a week and a half, and it probably lessened them by 50%, however that was during the first few days of using it, it was like it stopped fading them. They look the same after 4 days use, whereas before I saw a dramatic difference even after the first 2 days. So I will continue to use it for the next week, and I will update it to see if it completely got rid of the marks.
EDIT: Its been a week, and they have not really lightened that much, so I will continue to use it at night before bed on the brown marks, and I will update again on my progress.
EDIT (November 26th, 2011): the red marks are still there, however they have lightened a tiny bit. But that could just be because of time. I am going to keep using it though and will be searching for other methods to help it fade faster.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2011 4:05:00 AM More reviews by katrabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT DIRECTLY ON YOUR EYELIDS. This product claims that you can see results within hours. Yes, that is true. I saw my "results" within 30 minutes... all to my horror! I put the product on my eyelids and under my eyes. I looked into the mirror about 30 minutes after application because my eyes started to feel extremely dry and irritated and boy, did I look I had just cried for hours! My eyes looked so puffy like my eyes had been punched and it was not a pretty sight!!

As for the product itself, it's a very, very sticky consistency like molasses, except there's no colouring or fragrance. It seems Vitamin E oil is mixed in with glycerine. It comes in a clear 1 fl. oz. glass bottle with a screw on cap that has a spatula attached on the inside. It has 28,000 IU of Vitamin E. Hypoallergenic & parabens-free, and it can be used on face as well as body. It costs about $14 CDN b4 taxes at regular price. I got mine just shy of $10 CDN b4 taxes on sale.

The skin will continue to feel sticky even after hours pass. Jamieson claims that you can use this product day or night but if you need to put on makeup every morning, this isn't something that you want to have sitting on your skin b4 you apply your base such as foundation. It's just too sticky and stubborn for any foundation or base to "sit" properly on skin.

I don't know whether the product will help to (claims made by Jamieson regarding this product):
- smooth and recover stressed/problem skin
- improve appearance of wrinkled/scarred, stretch marked/chapped/dehydrated/UV damaged skin
But I think I will use this mainly as a natural preservative when making hand made creams/lotions rather than using it directly onto skin straight out of the bottle. The reason for this is because of what happened to my eyes as I have described above. I also applied to other parts of my face like cheeks etc, and I haven't seen anything "bad" happen to those parts like my eyes. I'll only buy this again only if it's on sale and if it won't irritate my skin when used simply as a preservative in my hand made Galen's cold cream.