Elizabeth Arden Good Night's Sleep

3.7

Water (Aqua), Di C12-15 Alkyl Fumarate, Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone, Methylheptyl Isostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Steareth 2, Butylene Glycol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Steareth 21, Stearyl Alcohol, Oenothera Biennis Oil (Evening Primrose), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Citrus Aurantium Amara Peel Extract (Bitter Orange), Humulus Lupulas Extract (Hops), Lonicera Caprifolium Flower Extract (Honeysuckle), Palmaria Palmata Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Piper Methysticum Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-8/SMDI Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Sodium PCA, Trehalose, Urea, Allantoin, Polyquaternium-51, Panthenol, PEG-8, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Ethylehexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylexyl Salicylate, Dimethicone Copolyol, Phenyl Methicone, Fragrance (Parfum), Lavandula Angustifolia Extract (Lavender), Benzyl Salicylate, Citronellol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Limonene, Linalool, Benzoic Acid, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Red 33 (CI 17200), Violet 2 (CI 60730)

on 1/7/2015 12:51:00 PM

I may just be suckered into the gimmick, but everything about this experience, from the beautiful, heavy, blue glass jar; to the faintly lavender-scented cream (no, really, it smells like a dream); to the amazing hydration it provides you, it's all a winner.

The only problem is that it's a little too heavy for the warmest summer months, so I have to switch to another product for those few weeks. But when it gets to the coldest of the cold days in the dead of winter, nothing else will keep my face moisturized without clogging up my pores.

This is one of an extremely small number of skin care items that I keep coming back to. The problem is, it seems like it's been discontinued for a few years at least, but jars of it keep appearing at places like Marshall's and TJ Maxx, so I continue to have a supply. I know I'll have to say goodbye to it for good one day, and parting will be such sweet sorrow...

on 8/3/2014 11:05:00 AM

Although this product is not marketed as an eye cream, that's what I used it for, for years, as well as occasionally using it as a face cream. Now that my skin has gotten older, I find it is great for my face as well as my eye area. It is very moisturizing and extremely gentle. I have sensitive skin and eyes and have found no better moisturizer. I was upset when I found that Arden had discontinued this cream, but after researching the ingredients of their current products, I've discovered that they replaced Good Night's Sleep Cream with Visible Difference Gentle Hydrating Night Cream, which has a very similar ingredients list. Some of the ingredients for Visible Difference Gentle Hydrating Night Cream are listed in a slightly different order than Good Night's Sleep Cream, but it's essentially the same cream.

on 4/27/2013 2:48:00 AM

Thought the lavender smell worked to get me sleepy so liked the scent. Otherwise, it works as a good moisturizer and left my face smooth and supple in the morning.

on 4/10/2012 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product has a "lavander" smell which some people might find unpleasant. the texture is creamy and a bit oily. so if you are looking for a moisturizing cream, you may wanna try it out. however, speaking for myself, this cream does nothing for my skin.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is one of my most loved night creams. The texture is rich but light when applied. I apply this liberally but not consuming too much product each application. My skin stays nicely moisturized and supple through the night till wake. When I wake in the morning my skin is soft and the tone is nice and even. An added bonus is the heavenly scent, I dislike lavender but love the scent of this so nice and relaxing. The product lasts a nice while about 5 or so months and I appreciate the jar packaging, allows you to use up every last drop. Those worried about hygiene issues should just throughly wash hands before application but this is a general rule when it comes to all skin care applications. Just a tip this is often found at marshals for under $20.00 a steal for the quality of this product!

on 2/26/2010 8:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Ok so I was given a sample and fell in love with the soothing scent plus it didn't irritate my skin.The fleeting lavender scent reminded me of fresh clean linen. Its a rich cream but it feels light on and absorbs quickly. I'd recommend using very sparingly if you have oily skin. Not sure if I'm going to buy so I put yes for now. Here is the amazingly long ingredients list:

on 12/24/2009 12:22:00 AM

love this product, all though I don't think it smelss of lavendar, I do love the smell. this is my favourite night moisturiser. Doesn't leave the skin greasy. I am not a huge fan of EA products, however this is one of the exceptions.

on 12/20/2009 12:29:00 AM

This did absolutely nothing for me. I had to glob a lot of it on to feel slightly moisturized. The claim that the lavender scent will help with sleep deprived individuals? ALL LIES!
It did not help me sleep at all, i have stopped using this for night time because it's not moisturizing enough. Now i am using it under my day cream, because Canadian winters are cold and dry and I need the extra boost of mositurizer. To even use this, I have to layer other more mositurizing creams/moisturizers on top so that I am properly moisturized. Will definately not buy again.

on 5/18/2009 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

My husband bought me an EA travel pack on one of his golf trips and I have recently begun using this lotion at night. What a difference it makes in the overall appearance of my skin. For the quality, the price is on par with other Department Store (DS) night creams. As a nighttime moisturizer, this is one is excellent. Nice fragrance for bedtime, gentle yet effective. Will seriously consider purchasing after using up my Lancome.

I have so very few "staples" in my beauty regime. However, this is one that I can't live without!! It is so gentle, deeply moisturizing, and smells great! It is very calming. It is a bit pricy, but compared to most night moisturizers it isn't that bad. A little goes a long way. I highly recommend!