August 20, 2014 | 2115 users online

Powder - Lily Lolo - Mineral Cosmetics Porcelain Foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 10/28/2012 9:12:00 AM More reviews by Peacefairy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I think this is a really good product but the lightest foundation is way too dark for me and makes me look quite orange. If they had better shades and more of a variety I'd definitely repurchase. It's too dark for my Irish skin I'm afraid!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by vintagegown

This is the first foundation I've ever used that I've bought a second time. I've recently started noticing a couple of dry patches on my cheeks which has been combated with moisturising before use.

I've never found a foundation to match my skin tone (and at the age of 25, I've tried A LOT), even with the high end brands (Chanel, Dior, Clinique etc) but this matches me perfectly. I look like I have flawless skin. It does settle into fine lines after about 12 hours but with a quick touch up I'm good to keep going.

I think I've finally found my HG product!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2012 7:31:00 AM More reviews by mazlovesbetty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is currently my favourite foundation. It has truly great coverage, and makes my skin look more flawless than other foundations I have used. I also LOVE the fact that the porcelain is so pale, it actually doesn't make me look orange and matches my skin tone!

I feel that the price is reasonable for the product. You get a good amount in the tub which lasts for a long time, and the product is better than more expensive ones. The packaging is a bit cheap looking and chunky, and I find that the foundation does tend to go everywhere; I am always covered in little white blobs! However, this might just be my application method, and the locking lid is a very good idea which helps to alleviate this problem.

One thing I do find is that the foundation can be drying, I find I have to moisturise intensively beforehand otherwise it DOES dry my skin and can leave it looking a little flaky. Sometimes I do find that I have to top it up, but this is probably because I like quite a heavy coverage.

Overall, although there are a couple of qualms, this foundation looks very natural, and offers fantastic coverage for the money. At the moment I don't feel I need to look elsewhere.

UPDATE
After a while, this foundation began to make my skin look really dull and tired, and dry patches began to appear on my face. It is not like I have mature skin; I am only 19, so I would imagine this could be even more of a problem for people older than me. It is still a good foundation, i just feel that it would be better for people with oilier skin. I now use bourjois healthy mix serum which I find much better for my skin type, although I do still use this powder to set it if I am going out. I don't feel like this is a terrible product, just that it didn't flatter my skin type.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by leighmarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have very pale skin and I have a lot of trouble finding makeup that doesn't look orange and terrible on my skin; even the absolute palest in most ranges make me look like I've been tango'ed.

I ordered a sample of Lily Lolo's 'Porcelain' when I was looking for a slightly cheaper alternative to Nicola Robert's Dainty Doll powder, and I was really impressed.
You get a lot more for your money, and I find being able to use my own Kabuki brush with Lily Lolo's sifter jar a lot easier than having to fight with the pretty useless built-in brush in Dainty Doll.

The colour is lovely and pale without making me look like I've just crawled out of a coffin, and the powder looks beautifully light and natural.

As much as I love Dainty Doll generally, I think for powder I will definitely be making a switch to Lily Lolo and just mixing and matching with my DD concealer. I'd definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by AimeeSJM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've been using this shade religiously for three years, it's perfect for my very fair, slightly cool toned skin and has fantastic staying power. It feels weightless and looks incredibly natural as it's so easy to vary the level of coverage. It doesn't look great in photos as it's extremely matte, but that's the only negative I can think of.
It's a better fair colour than the lightest shades in bare minerals and bella pierre which are a little orange and much, much cheaper!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2010 8:35:00 PM More reviews by BextheHat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my current foundation and what can I say? I adore it.

In the Summer heat, I had to ditch my liquid foundation and decided to try this product after reading many positive reviews on it in regards to its suiting to pale skin tones.

I bought the tester at first and was not convinced. After returning the next day to my liquid foundation...I realised how light Lily Lolo's Mineral Foundation was in comparison and bought the full size that evening.

I'm glad I gave this foundation another chance - I truly am.
It covers blemishes while leaving a very natural looking finish - actually pretty exact to my pale skin tone.

There's also a pretty glamorous feeling to putting on your foundation with a kabuki brush - no more liquid foundation wiped onto towels, wipes...carpet or getting stuck in nails.
Just a touch of any of the finishing powders and I'm ready for the day - really, this stuff lasts that long to which I was sceptical to at first.

This foundation leaves me giving that happy little smile to the mirror before I leave the house. I really can't ask for more.
~

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2009 4:57:00 PM More reviews by katebarnes

Love this powder a little goes a long way and you can build up over problem areas. Lasts forever.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 9:24:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

UPDATE 08/2009: Of course it just HAD to happen: this foundation turned out to be a pore clogger and an irritant for my skin after a few weeks use. I've stayed away from it for about a month now, but decided to give it a try again. Result: immidiate red irritated patches and pimples the next day. I've been using EDM mineral eye shadows with no problems whatsoever. Those are missing zinc oxide, that this foundation contains. So could that be the culprit...? I've also heard that some people are mica-sensitive, but those are present in my eye shadows too, and they don't irritate my skin... who knows. Maybe it's just me and my hugely problematic skin. *sigh*

ORIGINAL REVIEW: In my quest for decreasing the amount of makeup I wear daily, I decided to jump on board the mineral makeup craze. I ordered a few samples from Lily Lolo and Everyday Minerals. The latter ones seem to take forever to arrive in Finland, but the Lily Lolo ones arrived quite fast. I'm not usually a fan of powder foundations, but because I've added silicones to my long list of ingredients to avoid, it's impossible to find a foundation which doesn't include silicones in any form. I love the fact that Lily Lolo's foundation has a short, simple and all-natural ingredient list.

The shade "Porcelain" is just perfect for my skin tone and the colour doesn't change during the day. I don't need/want a lot of coverage. If I apply this foundation with a very light hand, it provides the perfect, very natural-looking and semi-matte coverage, which lasts all day long. You can easily control the amount you apply on your skin. The result is immaculate, in my opinion. And my skin looks amazing in photos too ;) The only slightly negative thing is that it tends to be just a tad drying, but if I keep my skin thoroughly moisturized, I don't think it'll be a problem. This is the perfect mineral foundation for my sensitive combination skin. I've just ordered the full size jar plus some other samples from Lily Lolo :) And by the way, their website is lovely, prices very affordable, and the packaging is super cute!

Ingredients: Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarine Blue.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2009 7:00:00 AM More reviews by MissBehaviour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG foundation and has been for two years. Trying to find a foundation light enough for my very pale skin is a nightmare, and frequently shades that look fine on initial application end up turning orangey on me as the day goes on. Not this one. The shade is a perfect match for my skin and stays put all day. I make sure to moisturize my face (and let the moisturizer sink in) before applying this foundation and do not require any touchups during the day. Another big plus for me is that in the two years I have been using this stuff, my sensitive skin has never broken out from using it. One full size jar of this has lasted me a bit over two years with almost daily use, so I'd say the product is great value for money. Overall, I give this foundation a big thumbs up--I even wore it on my wedding day (and my skin looked flawless in both the professional and amateur photographs of the day). This is one you need to try if you have very fair skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2008 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Ruth81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

My absolute favourite foundation bar non. Much paler than the palest I could find on Everyday minerals (I'm a fair skinned redhead) and I found it lasted longer too - it doesn't have that orangey tint to it either which makes it the most natural looking foundation I've ever worn. Great concealer for blemishes and under-eye area too. Never, ever broken me out and feels almost non-existent to wear. Also feels 'finer' than EDM...? Worked out cheaper too as Lily Lolo are London based, so shipping was really cheap for me and has been next-day delivery nearly everytime. Just adore it.