October 25, 2014 | 1848 users online

Fragrances - Costume National 21

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2012 12:33:00 AM More reviews by GoDawgs

This product was tough to rate because I purchased it for myself and hated it for myself, but love it for my husband.

I bought it unsniffed after finding a great price on Overstock, and was interested in this fragrance because of the milk/creamy note. I knew it is unisex, but when I tried it, it smelled nice but MUCH too masculine to me. I gave it to my husband and love it on him.

For a woman I would rate it a 2, but for a man I would rate it a 4, therefore giving me my overall 3 rating.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2011 3:27:00 PM More reviews by 2000wattsmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the orginal Costume National and it ranks very highly on my favorites list. This is a great scent, but not distinct enough from the original to purchase. The dry down for both is pretty much the same on my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 6:56:00 PM More reviews by mary66

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

My favourite fragrance (out of 40 or so that I own) is the original CN Scent. I have been wearing it for years and still people asked me about it on almost a daily basis (I always layer it with the body cream). I didn't think CN could create another fragrance that good. I was wrong. This is gorgeous. It's an incredible mixture of woods, tobacco, musk, amber and a smooth fresh note (saffron & bergamot) which pulls it all together. I do believe it would smell terrific on a man but I have been receiving so many compliments on it that it also smells great on a woman. For me it's a combination of all my favourites - the 'smoothness' of the original CN Scent, the musk of AP Strip, the tobacco and amber of Hermes Ambre Narguile and the woodsy incense of L'Air du Desert Marocain. But the sum total is better than the individual elements - a soft and sexy, warm and confident fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 3:34:00 AM More reviews by fpih

To me this is a very nicely made amber fragrance. Since I love amber anyway, I like this a lot, but I don't really find anything unique about it. I certainly cannot detect any milk, just a slight spiciness to add some character to the otherwise dominant amber. Due to its sweetness I really can't think of it as masculine at all; it's very feminine to me. Quite long lasting (6-8 hours) but close to the skin, it's easily wearable night or day without fear of offending anyone. Reminds me of a less sweet/sugary L'Occitane's Ambre. Very nice but not FB worthy for me; I prefer AG's Ambre Fetiche and Ambre Russe over it, though this is probably more wearable than both.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2009 1:50:00 AM More reviews by 9154mf

Love love love this! I have been trying so many perfumes lately and nothing is grabbing me by the collar and saying Take me! But this one did! Gorgeous sexy smell, it has my favourite note in it - milk, but it's 100% sexed up with spices, patchouli, vanilla and all those other notes which make it totally appropriate for dirty nighttime rendezvous!! No but seriously, this is not a really sweet milky scent, although I do love those too, Im so glad Ive come across something with creamy milk in it but in a sexy sophisticated concoction for when I dont wanna smell like a lolly, but I still want to be eaten!! ;) The best thing about it is that no one note takes over here, everything is blended to perfection. I could kind of describe it like something similar to Dior addict, that strong spicy scent which you can't really escape from, but with milk rounding it out. Also I sprayed this on my wrist and I still smelt it on my clothes 2 days later. Amazing staying power!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2008 4:13:00 PM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Outstanding fragrance that's different from the rest. It must be the milkiness that does it for me, along with 20 other things. It is so beautiful; very well blended. Nothing stands out and hits me over the head. Notes: bergamot, milk, orange blossoms, saffron, cumin, pepper, cashmere wood, royal jelly, moss, clary sage, patchouli, olibanum, amber, sandalwood, oudh wood, cedar, vetiver, labdanum, tonka bean, vanilla and musk. I read that someone found it too masculine; this is not too masculine on me at all. Don't worry about that if you are used to wearing the above notes. EDITED: Down to 4 stars because it just didn't seem remarkable after a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 8:16:00 AM More reviews by Inez

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Notes according to Costume national are
Milky notes, amber, woods, musk, saffron, bergamot and vanilla.

Personally I do not smell any milky notes, but that might be me.

I think it is a very sensual scent, nice and woodsy with a detectable saffron note (but not overwhelming). It is a modest scent, that seems to be made of most natural ingredients, it doesn't smell synthetic at all. I am glad I bought it :-)