August 20, 2014 | 2033 users online

Lip Gloss - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Plumping Lip Gloss in Daring

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2013 7:07:00 AM More reviews by faerielvr

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in the color "Precious." It has a doe-foot applicator and it is a large tube. What happened to this combo -- the newest one I ordered (granted, it was a sample) was smaller and has a brush. Another I ordered has a brush, it is in a thinner tube, and not as much can be applied with one dip. This gloss makes my lips finally look moisturized. It stops the "flakies" as nothing else can. I hope Josie re-packages with a doe-foot applicator again.
Does anybody else have this same problem with it?

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 3:58:00 AM More reviews by Strawberri

I got a small size of Precious in a sephora '500 point perk' thing. I'm not sure if they fixed the brush, but my brush was really hard and sharp LOL. imagine a normal paint brush but the hairs are fixed in place with a laquer or something. it's pointy. but i love this gloss. i don't think i've loved a gloss this much since i was 17 with juicy tubes. i'm so excited i got this as a freebie!!! i didn't expect anything out of it but every time i use it i'm so thrilled by it. it plumps my lips a little without any tinglyness or anything, my lips just look LUSCIOUS. i can't describe it! the color isn't pigmented but gives me a lighter pink lip. it's just amazing how good my lips look with this!!! it's not too sticky. it doesn't last a super long time but it smells good and the packaging is REALLY PRETTY so i don't mind reapplying. i can't wait to get a full size and try the other colors :D:D:D:D super rave. Thank you josie!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by yuigi

I have this in daring and the colour is okay. I have pigmented lips and thus the colour doesnt show up as well. I am also not too fond of the scent that this lipgloss has.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by rays

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just love this lipgloss.I bought it in precious. Gorgeous pink color. I am very fair skinned a perfect color for me. The only thing I didn't like is that the brush is terrible. I only used it three or so times and the brush got stuck the wrong way and I couldn't get it back. I love the product and the fact that its all natural. Yes it did plump me a little not a lot but if you want to deal with the lousy brush for 20 dollars then go ahead. i called Sephoras and they said that they know there is a problem with the brush. if Josie Maran and Sephoras know or if they don't know I still had to pay 20 bucks. I hope they fix the problem.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 4:18:00 PM More reviews by CeciliaLark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is, hands down, a beautiful gloss. The consistency is perfect (not sticky!) and the color is a sheer, very natural golden pink.
The brush applicator is nice for placement accuracy, but could be thicker in my opinion. I tend to dip twice: once for the lower lip and once or twice for the top lip because of the brush size (it's skinny and tapered).
I'd buy this again if I ever use it up (there's a lot of product).
However, although a bit tingly, I just don't believe a lipgloss can plump my lips (I'd need cosmetic surgery for that to happen). The stevia extract in this gives a great (and I do mean fantastic!) flavour to the gloss, but I don't think it does anything to plump. There must be essential oil in this that causes the tingly sensation and brings more blood rushing to the lips to pinken them up more (yay!). The shimmer in the gloss also adds to the "volume" effect.
I love the oils that this lippie contains--very moisturizing. It also lasts all day if I'm not munching a lot. For not being really sticky, I was impressed with its lasting ability.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/28/2010 12:59:00 PM More reviews by FootSoldier66

I have been eyeing this product for a long time and finally decided to buy it... which is weird for me because usually I don't bother with a lip plumping gloss unless peope say in reviews that it works... and the reviews for this gloss say it doesn't. But I heard that people like Josie Maran lip glosses in general so I figured if it didn't plump, it would at least make for a nice gloss.

I got this in the shade Brilliance which is a nice neutral pink in the tube. But I've found that after I've worn it for 10 minutes or so, that it makes my lips a rosy color and plumps them. It does the exact same thing for my lips as Too Faced Lip Injection except without the tingle. I have no idea why this works this way on my lips but not on anyone else's. We are just all different! I love it though.

I'm not sure if I would buy it again though just because it's 20 bucks and I can get pretty much the same results from the 10 dollar Boots Time Demension lip plumper instead.

I also am not crazy about the flavoring. it is sooooo strong. I like to lick my lips a lot (it's a bad habit) and when I do with this stuff on, I can't stop because it's so tasty. It's so hard for me to wear this product long because I end up just licking it all off. lol. And I don't think digesting so much lip product is a good idea!

The packaging isn't too bad, I just don't like that the lid is so freakin huge. And I'm all about leeping cosmetics small so they fit better in my purse!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/26/2010 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Graceful26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this as part of the Earth Day set. Daring really is a pretty sheer pink that would illuminate just about any skin/lip tone, I think. Sometimes I wear it on its own and soemtimes I wear it over lipstick for added shine & "plumping", haha.

First off, I dont know how much this "plumps" any more than my lip balms or any other lipsticks/glosses. I think part of the plumping is simply that gloss always brings out any lip.

It has a nice chocolately smell and taste; if I'm going to be ingesting any product at all it may as well be good for me; or better, at least, than ingredients in other products. I don't mind the aftertaste; some people seem to have complained about that. I also did not notice any burning/tingling sensations with this gloss.

I think this is a great everyday gloss, very sheer and natural on its own, and a nice complement to almost any other lip colour you're wearing. It's pricey so don't know if I can keep replacing it but it is a lovely product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2009 10:00:00 PM More reviews by DrMAC

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I don't know how I feel about this lipgloss..overall.. it is mehh. I get a burning sensation on my lips when I apply it but the color is gorgeous but natural. The taste is a turn off too-- I don't think it tastes sweet but a very weird indescribable taste. There are definately a lot more lipglosses out there that don't taste gross and give a nice finish to lips!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2009 1:01:00 PM More reviews by swalsh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this product....it looks beautiful on (very natural) and it feels great on my lips. I'm not really sure its doing any plumping per se, but I do feel like they are extremely moisturized after use. Which is great because I have very dry lips and like to keep some sort of chapstick on at all times. I'm always on the lookout for a product that delivers color and moisture, and I've found it. So far I'm completely in love with every Josie product I've tried. I like that thier all natural, but that's not the reason I purchased them, its just a bonus. For me, I think if you're going for a natural look, but still want to be polished, this is the product line for you. I'm in love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2009 7:51:00 PM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I also use this lipgloss over the Natural or the Peach lipliner. I just tried it over the Blush lipliner and it looks fabulous. It's not sticky or tacky and has a sweet taste to it. It doesn't clump up like some other lipglosses can do. It lasts pretty long for a lipgloss. Will definitely repurchase! The natural ingredients also make it worth the money.