December 20, 2014 | 1693 users online

Shave Products - Pure Silk Shaving Cream by Barbasol

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

Where has this stuff been my whole life??? I have been using the Cherry Blossom scent and not only is it heavenly, it works better than any shave cream/gel ever!!!!!!! It's dirt cheap, and I only bought it because it was inexpensive and I'm broke right now. It gives a great, close shave. I haven't shaved my legs since last week and there is barely even stubble. That is impressive. Usually, I have Bigfoot legs a few days after shaving. No irritation or razor burn, and only a small amount is needed. HG shaving cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by TheLastOfUs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Oh, God, don't even get me started on how much I love this or I won't shut up. You don't want that. But, my legs and armpits are so smooth and they don't get stubby throughout the day. Basically what I want it to do, and it does that job very well.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by MakeupManiac5699

Bought this SUPERCHEAP at a dollar store in the raspberry scent. It is SUPER rich and gives me a nice close shave although I do have to moisturize after. The cons are the scent (which smells like old grandma) and the nozzle (gets stuck from time to time). I will be repurchasing, but in a different scent next time! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 10:39:00 PM More reviews by LaraThings

I used to use body wash to shave, but then with hose season coming, I wanted to try something else to get a closer shave. My legs did feel silky smooth after shaving with this, the only problem that I had with it was it left a rust circle in my shower from the can. So I had to start sitting in on a washcloth.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by LisaLH

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shaving cream leaves my legs feeling as soft and smooth as the shaving gels that I used before. It also lasts longer than the gels, and it is less expensive. I really like this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2012 6:05:00 PM More reviews by Deann21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in the minority along with the previous reviewer. I had a similarly poor experience with this product. Huge thumbs down from me!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/2/2012 9:46:00 PM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well... I'm starting to think I must be an alien. Everyone seems to love this shave cream, but it was just awful for me. Prior to buying this, I had been using body wash to shave for many years. I thought that maybe I could get a closer shave with a shaving cream. Maybe I can, but not with this shaving cream. I have the sensitive skin version, because I have sensitive skin, and I tried to use it all up before switching back to body wash, but I just couldn't do it. I used it for a couple months and then decided I had to end the torture. I couldn't get a close shave at all, my legs were still stubbly after shaving with this, sometimes even twice in one shower. The next day, forget about it. Stubble city. I was also cutting myself constantly. Not little nicks from slipping, but all of these rows of cuts from my razor catching. Every time I got out of the shower after using this, the skin on my legs became instantly dry and itched terribly. I also noticed more ingrown hairs.
There's honestly not a single good thing I can say about this shaving cream, other than it's cheap.
The only reason that I'm giving it 2 lippies is because it works so well for everyone else, and I guess I can't fault Pure Silk for my alien skin. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by LolaButterflies05

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

My skin felt just like silk after using this on my legs. My lotion went on very smoothly afterwards and my legs felts really good against any fabric all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2012 9:48:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I love this shaving cream. It's thick, gives you a close shave, & I rarely cut myself. This also smells really good, & it's cheap! The can lasts a while, (unlike skintimate). I would reccommend this shaving cream, & I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by ajgirl11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this shaving cream so much! It's inexpensive, dirt cheap with a coupon where I.usually stock up, the can doesn't rust, it give a close shave with no nicks or cuts, a little goes a long way meaning the can will last you a good while! Love love love!