MAC Paint Pot in Rollickin' (Fafi coll.)

3.9

on 11/8/2010 3:35:00 AM

The color is absolutely gorgeous, and can push green or blue eyeshadows into amazing new directions. I'm sorry it's discontinued. When I got mine at the CCO, I was initially very disappointed because it took pliers and about 30 minutes to actually get it open. Then when I did, it was extremely dry, and it applied very .... strangely. I read other reviews (or maybe watched a video) that complained about the strange dry chalky texture.

But the color is so great, so I muddled through. I put in a few drops of MAC Mixing Medium, shut it tight (but not too tight) and waited. Application got better. So all in all, I really love this.

I'm a sucker for MAC's Paint Pots - I have 10 of them so far.

on 10/14/2010 11:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

this is a gorgeous paint pot, but the application isn't very creamy and it doesn't spread on evenly with a brush or fingertips. this one dries a lot faster than the other paint pots i have (Delft and Soft Ochre) so it makes it a little difficult to work with, but once i get it the way i want it i love it. it's very pretty under mutiny and spiritualize pigments and it's great on its own as well (once you get past the application that is). i would actually repurchase this if it's still available and if i ever finish the one i have.

on 8/22/2010 11:51:00 PM

I got this as a gift from a close friend of mine cause she knows about my big obsession with blue/green eye shadows. I was excited for this, but this paint pot fell flat for me. I love paint pots dearly, I can't live without my Rubenesque, Coral Crepe and Indianwood paintpot. I thought having a blue paint pot would make my life complete. The thing that ruined this paint pot was the consistency. When I first swatched it on the back of my hand it swatched off in CHUNKS. It was the most repulsing MAC experience I'd ever had. I will never ever recommend this. It's impossible to wear chunky blue cream eyeshadow.

on 7/18/2010 1:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product! First off - I love paint pots! They give my shadow that extra umph if I use them as a base and they are perfect used alone when I'm headed to the pool. This shade is an aqua color that is absolutely gorgeous!!! I think was limited edition, but I've seen them popping up at CCO's.

on 6/26/2010 4:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Okay this is a tough one for me to rate. Although I love paint pots and I was so excited to find this at my cco- I think this was a LE the color is amazing it is perfect to wear under my beloved blue or green eyeshadows really makes them look beautiful but, the texture is horrible. I don't know if it is old or if it is just this color, some of the other reviews said it had a great texture others also said it was dry. It is very dry hard to apply but, darn it I am going to make it work. 5 lippes for color -2 for texture = 3 lippes overall. *update* I have since added another lippie. With more use and going through the top layers of this it actually is more creamier. I have been using it a lot it is truely beautiful

on 1/31/2010 11:06:00 PM

I really wanted to love this colour. It's a great light teal shade that is to die for- but the application is not. It's really chalky and it's transparent. I find I have to apply it more than once to get the actual colour- which is not what you want to do with paint pots or they'll crease. I got this in a swap, so there's no returning it, but I wish I had gotten Otherwordly instead.

on 12/14/2009 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

I adore Mac Paint Pots especially Rollickin, its definitely one of my all time favourites, its creamy easy to apply & a stunning shade of teal with subtle shimmer. I love wearing this on its own or under E/S powder really makes the eyes pop. The staying power is fab great for long days at the office. It definitely gets my vote.

on 11/23/2009 10:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The only reason I would not buy this again is because I do not use very cool-toned colors on my eyes...my skin is very warm-toned and it clashes big time. Beautiful on other girls and in the pot, wish I could pull it off :-/

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

I love MAC Paint pots. This color is amazing! It is teal/blue with a hint of shimmer. I use it under blue or green eyeshadows and it makes them really pop! Paint pots last forever so I dont think I will need to buy this again and couldn't since it's LE:( I was lucky enough to get one on eBay since this was part of the Fafi collection and sold out fast. This and Bare Study are my two favs!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is a beautiful shade of aqua blue. However, the texture of this paint pot is horrible. It is so dry. I have to pull and tug at my lid in order to apply this evenly on my lid. Therefor, it is on it's way back to my CCO.