Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

3.9

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: titanium dioxide 13.00% [] octinoxate 2.00% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: talc [] dimethicone [] nylon-12 [] silica [] squalane [] boron nitride [] vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer [] cetyl caprylate [] diisostearyl malate [] phytosteryl/isostearyl/cetyl/stearyl/behenyl dimer dilinoleate [] methicone [] aluminum hydroxide [] glycerin [] sodium hyaluronate [] magnesium palmitoyl glutamate [] sodium palmitoyl sarcosinate [] palmitoyl proline [] alumina [] tocopherol [] palmitic acid [] 1,2-hexanediol [] ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate [] tin oxide [] sodium dehydroacetate [] [ /- iron oxides (ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491) [] mica [] titanium dioxide (ci 77891)]

on 2/25/2015 12:06:00 AM

this powder offers excellent coverage but doesn't get cakey for a powder foundation, it gives a slight luminosity which helps give it a natural look, I find it looks better throughout the day then after initial application as well

on 1/14/2015 10:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a fantastic foundation!!!

Ok, let me get down to the review: This is the most natural powder foundation I have ever tried! I get full coverage using the sponge and light coverage using a buffing brush. Coverage is comparable to a liquid foundation! Doesn't set into fine lines. My skin doesn't feel dried out or cakey. I currently use a Cerave AM do hydrate my winter skin and this foundation never makes me feel oily. I get a bit shiny after 3 or 4 hours of wear, but that's pretty good given my heavy moisturizer. This foundation lasts up to 12 hours without melting off.

Definitely a winner here!!!

on 12/25/2014 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Tired of experimenting with foundations for my aging, slightly wrinkled, less toned skin. No matter what, high/low end, they just don't look.. great. Even at Nordstroms or Sephora, the 'makeovers' just look OK and pores are always exaggerated.

As another reviewer in my age bracket stated so well, it can initially look a little drying. However, what a pleasure seeing how the powder helped diminished the all-over redness. After applying moisturizer, use a basic Sephora or Smashbox primer. Then using a flat-top brush, swirl in compact, then onto face.

Skin tone and texture does change, post-menopause. Would not have believed how many changes. But back to powder ladies: it is much quicker; swirl and done. I'll take it..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have used this stuff since I first started wearing makeup. It matches me perfectly. I have pretty normal skin and it does get a little shiny after a while, but it is nothing that an oil blotting sheet can't fix. It lasts me a whole 8-hour day with only 1 oil blotting sheet half-way through the day. I have gone through countless amounts of this product. It has never let me down. Since it is a powder, I would not recommend to wear it on its own for people with dry skin. It has pretty good coverage that is buildable.

on 11/30/2014 3:38:00 PM

This powder is ok for no sensitive or acne prone skin. It contains talc as the first ingredient that is highly comedogenic and clog pores and can cause itching. The shades are horrible all too pink or too dark like most of the clinique foundations. It does not control oil horrible coverage light cakey flakey patchy. Not even good as setting powder. It made my face itch and breakout horrible and was patchy. The color was too light pink or too dark pink/orange. All clinique foundations are not light yellow enough for my mac nc15/20 skintone.

on 11/7/2014 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a nice, light, buttery powder foundation that has decent sunscreen (Titanium Dioxide and Octinoxate ((also known as Octyl methoxycinnamate)). It does not itch my skin, cause rashes, or watery eyes like foundations with avobenzone sunscreen. It can be applied lightly or patted on for more coverage. It works over other sunscreen, and it's great for oil-breakthrough and sunscreen boost throughout the day. My only gripe regarding this product is with Clinique's confusing color system. I have what is widely considered "Medium" skin. I've never heard it called anything other than "Medium, Olive, Tan..." (NC35) So I didn't think Clinique had a shade for me in this powder. I use Clinique Stay Matte Sheer Pressed Powder in Stay Honey and none of the 6 available shades of Almost Powder looked like my regular powdder. A Clinique SA suggest I try Deep, and when she applied it, it disappeared into my skin, looking completely natural. I could care less what the product is called, but I couldn't help but think that "Deep" is a confusing name in the case of this product. I'd been looking at Clinique's foundations and powders, and I'd seen the other "deep" shades Clinique offers. Compared to those other Clinique "Deep" shades, this "Deep" is a Medium color. Overall this is an extremely natural looking foundation that couldn't be faster or easier to use.

on 10/22/2014 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this powder foundation. I use #3 Light. It applies very smooth and has what I would call a natural finish with medium coverage. I use the It Cosmetics Heavenly flat top powder brush to apply. I usually touch up once in the middle of the day.
I don't love the packaging, it reminds me of a bathroom tile.
The price is pretty good, I think it is $27. I usually buy one whenever there is a Clinique GWP.

on 10/22/2014 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

LOVE IT! my new HG! used to be a fan of B.E mineral powder but I don't like the powder particles flying everywhere, getting on my clothes, floor, etc. This is easier to apply and less messy. Can be applied using a brush as well. It has a matte feel. Like all powders you have to reapply or blot on those shiny parts on your face. I'm acne prone and my skin is sensitive so this is really a good choice if that is one of your concerns. Try it out and see if it's work for your skin.

on 9/12/2014 10:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is an okay powder. Normally a bit heavier then a regular powder compact since it can be used as foundation by itself. I tend to use it on top of a foundation for a bit extra coverage. It controls oil for awhile--which was one of my reasons for purchase as I have oily skin--but I think it tends to get a bit chalky. Even when I did not use a ton and cake it on..it got a tiny bitchalky. I do like it since i feel limited in the powder dept, this is one I would use now and then. But because I dont love it 100% , I will continue looking for my HG powder....

on 9/12/2014 9:28:00 AM

My HG foundation, at last! After years of trying to find a liquid foundation that didn't break me out and clog me, I decided to try pressed powders. This is fabulous, no breakouts whatsever. It has great coverage and oil control, I don't need an additional powder on top of this. The SPF is minimal so I use an additional SPF if I know I'll be out in the sun. I have repurchased this 3 times now. Great stuff!