December 21, 2014 | 1534 users online

Lip Gloss - C.O. Bigelow - Mentha Lip Tint No. 1646 Violet Mint

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 6:28:00 PM More reviews by supertearz

this has been my HG daily lipgloss for years. it is tacky, but i have very dry lips so this stuff stays put. it gives shine and a bit of color. the only negative is it does not travel well (on planes) as the change in air pressure will cause the product to erupt from the tube.

i'm currently trying to naturalize all my products one by one. finding another lip gloss/chapstick is proving to be really really difficult!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 7:10:00 PM More reviews by horatia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Fantastic lip gloss. Sort of a BB cream for lips. Makes lips soft, smooths out lip lines, gives a pretty shine and a little color. It has 2% peppermint oil in it so its supposed to freshen breath although I dont see how. I would suggest applying it about 10 minutes before going out because the shine settles down a bit and looks more subtle and nicer. Lasting power is not great but I have not found a gloss with iron staying power yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2012 6:49:00 PM More reviews by AmandaRose83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have always loved the Mentha lip glosses and balms. I love the mint flavors and how much they have hydrated my lips. Recently there was a sale at BBW and Violet was one of the colors on sale. I snatched it up and love how soft and pretty the color is. It does have a purply color, but it's not at all overwhelming. This has easily become one of my favorite glosses.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Bowker2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

WOW, I buy piles of lip gloss from VS, Ulta or BBW when they are on sale to give to each of my hair and makeup clients to touch up with. Yesterday I was near BBW so i checked out the sale, bought a handful but wasn't expecting much. All day my lips had been painfully dry and dehydrated, my balms weren't helping so I cracked one of these open since i've heard good things about the Mentha line. Talk about instant relief! At first the mint felt really strong and tingly, but after a few seconds i felt like my lips had been given cooling injections, they felt completely revitalized- fresh and hydrated plus the actual flavor of this is amazing! The color is perfectly light and enhances pinky flesh tones, the shine is smooth and glossy but there is no stickiness. If you have full lips that you like glossy but hate how most feel, or parched lips that balms just coat- try these, i'm stoked to get more! www.jennybowkermakeup.com

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2011 3:23:00 AM More reviews by basicKatie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i love everything about this product, it feels so refreshing and tastes nice, lol smells good, gives me some color that lasts longer than i'd expect, and moisturizes all in one, it gives a shine but it's not an over glazed shine, i love this stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by celevia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

i love this lipgloss,,it's not sticky and feels smooth and moisturizing on the lips..the colour payoff is poor,,its basically sheer on my lips so i don't think you will need to buy this one if you already have another colour..but the refreshing minty feeling and taste is amazing,,i love to layer it over any lipstick to give it some extra shine...the only thing i hate is the packaging,,although i don't really mind the squeeze tube but the opening of where the product comes out is too big,,a little pressure squeezes a whole lot of gloss out and the applicator is also huge.. so it's really messy for a on-the-go application..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

i am writing the same review for all the mentha lip tints that i have (i have all but the bare mint). same review applies to all...

only Pro's, NO cons!
- extreme shine, almost liquid-like. more shine than juicy tubes, lipglass, etc
- not sticky
- fresh taste. some glosses are scented but have no taste/taste awful. this has much less taste than the ultra mentha/cinnament mentha etc, but if you do get a taste, it is pleasant
- thick, smooth applicator fills out lips beautifully. not streaky or uneven
- applicator stays clean
- relatively long wearing
- gentle tingle
- the color payoff varies from tube to tube. all are universally flattering, soft, and juicy
- i do not believe in "plumpers" (the only thing that will plump your lips is lip injections, period), but these definitely have an enhancing effect. your lips will look juicy
- i ALWAYS get compliments on these glosses. always.
- very reasonable price
- large size
- often on sale/special!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2008 4:41:00 PM More reviews by MavenMel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first Mentha Lip Tint and I am really impressed. I love the smell and taste of mint and this smells and tastes like real peppermint oil. The slant tip applicator works really well and the gloss itself is really shiny and not sticky. I took one lippie off because I was hoping for a bit more violet colour, it does give my lips a very subtle hint of pink violet. I find most really shiny lip glosses to be drying, but not this one. My lips feel moist and I like the cool, slight tingly feeling.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2008 10:17:00 PM More reviews by amsincla

This is the lip gloss that made me a believer. A believer that yes, a lip gloss can make your lips feel nice and not feel like sticky goop on your lips. I really didn't think it was out there.

It's about half balm, half gloss, it isn't super long-lasting but I only need to re-apply a few times a day. The color isn't too apparent on me at all.

The smell is great, fresh and minty.

I am so glad that BBW is in Canada!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by angels2919

Well I have been a big fan of C O Bigelow lipglosses for a long time now, and I love all the flavors and tints. I love also when they come up with new flavors too! This flavor is so yummy! The ones that have color are so pretty too! These are the best glosses...they are shiny, love the applicator, they have decent staying power, go with everything you wear and whatever makeup colors, very moisturizing, the price is right too especially when they go on sale at Bath and Body Works! I simply cannot say enough about these glosses they are so great!