MAC Paint Pot in Nice Vice (Fafi Collection)

4.5

on 9/19/2010 11:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

When I picked up Nice Vice, I thought it would be a keeper for sure. I love purple, it's the colour I have the most of, and I love paint pots too. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for me. I think the colour is exactly the colour of a black eye on me - I've never had a black eye, but I really think it would look this colour. And I've NEVER felt this way about a purple before, I wear purples all the time. Also, the texture is harder and drier than I would prefer (and I did get this brand new straight from mac). I love the texture of Perky, it's smooth and creamy and easy to blend. Nice Vice is much harder, and it even balled up a bit for me. Overall, this is a huge disappointment for me.

on 11/7/2008 3:42:00 AM

On me, this comes out looking purple-ish red. with a hint of silver. I love it! I've been trying to find this color forever and nothing seems right until now. I just can't stop looking at my eyes today. Although this totally looks like I'm wearing makeup (usually, I'm the very light & all natural type) but I just love it. The texture is ok for cream e/s. A little bit easy to blend than Greenstroke. I will definitely buy it again, but I doubt there will be a chance since it's LE and a little just goes a long way.

on 9/28/2008 2:34:00 AM

I am NW15, with green eyes. This product was LE with the February 2008 Fafi collection. The color is described as a dirty purple with purple pearl. When I first heard that MAC was coming out with a purple paint pot, I knew I had to get it. Purple is the color that really makes my green eyes pop, so I was excited to get a base that would make my purples even more vibrant. Unfortunately, this paint pot isn't the true purple color I was hoping for. It is more of a purplish-burgundy, similar to Artifact paint pot or Macroviolet fluidline. I was disappointed at first, but I've discovered that it really is a nice base for reddish-based purples. I like using it under plummy and cranberry colors. I do have to use UDPP under all my paint pots, or they crease on me. I would buy this again, but I am still on the lookout for the perfect true purple base. The paint pots retail for $16.50 each.

on 6/13/2008 3:01:00 PM

I agree with all the other reviewers. This is one of my favorite paint pots and believe me I have quite a few. I use this beautiful plum shade as as base though it could be worn alone. It really makes my eyeshadow pop as well as prevent it from creasing. It is an LE so if you do not already have it, you will have to wait until the collections (fafi) anniversary to get it. I'm hoping they actually put this in to the permanent collection as I love this color. As with all paint pots, opening for the first time can be difficult to say the least. To say they are child proof is putting it mildly. However once you get it open, you will no longer have that problem and it's completely worth all the effort!

on 5/23/2008 11:37:00 AM

I bought this product for quite some time but didn't really knows how to make it work. It seems a little bit red for a purple pp but recently I tried it as a base for beautiful iris/satellite dreams/mercurial/lovely lily/viz-a-violet,all different types of purple e/s I have and the result is amazing. The colors simply pops!! I am surprise that the lighter e/s eg. beautiful iris works on top of nice vice as well,as it is a much lighter color than the paint pot.

Overall,nice vice is smooth and pretty and really useful.

on 3/18/2008 5:08:00 AM

I love this. I'm on a total purple binge at the moment so the release of a purple paint pot comes at a perfect time! I'm NW20, blue eyes & red hair, & this just looks perfect.

I have to be careful as if a purple has too much red in it, it doesn't look good on me but this, despite looking a little reddy in the pot, looks amazing.

The paint pots give a perfect base for my e/s, they don't crease when I'm ar work or when I'm out at play! I apply a thin layer with a 217 brush & I've never looked back!

I urge anyone who has any doubts about paint pots to go & try them. The only downside is they can be a little difficult to open. The trick which worked for me was tapping the side of the lid on something hard (like the doorframe!) & then it opens a whole lot easier!

on 3/3/2008 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This is my first Paint Pot, and I'm impressed. It goes on smoothly and evenly, and lasts all day without UDPP. I wish there was a little more blue in this, but it's a lovely shade of violet.

Gorgeous shade of purple. It's absolutely beautiful paired with pinks, violets and purples. Nice vice makes my hazel eyes pop bringing out the green. It's also great used as a liner. My fav combo is nice vice with swish and parfait amour.
A must have for green-hazel eyed gals.

on 2/28/2008 11:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

A great plum purple that leans on the red side of the purple spectrum. Like many people, I had trouble opening the darn thing. But don't let that stop you.

on 2/26/2008 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Gorgeous medium to deep plum shimmer on me. Color reminds me of Milani d/c 'Plum Parfait' blush. A shade lighter, and tab bit more red than MAC Artjam Paint. More blue based than Artifact Paint Pot. Welcome addition to my e/s base collection. The only Fafi paint pot I will keep. (DDD NW45ish or HIP820)

Top Rated MAC Products