July 29, 2014 | 1900 users online

Hair - Sexy Hair Concepts - Curly Sexy Hair Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 12/10/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by ingberry

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this shampoo and conditioner for a while after being recommended it from my a hairdresser's and it left my hair very greasy and flat. To be fair, I don't know if it was the shampoo or the conditioner, but these products are still probably almost the worst products I've come across for curly hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by alh441

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used the shampoo, conditioner and curl cream from this line. To be fair, I developed an allergic reaction to this line after 3-4 weeks use, so maybe it just wasn't good on me. It started out with really itchy scalp which worsened after 2 weeks of use. I thought it was just due to dry winter air & kept using the products. At 4 weeks, I got a pimply rash along my entire hairline, which spread all over my scalp and then anywhere the products touched my skin. Not pleasant, but thankfully it went away as soon as i bailed on these products. However--even before I developed the allergy & had to stop using the products, I was unimpressed. My roots became REALLY greasy after about a day & a half (I usually wash EOD and don't need dry shampoo in between). My ends felt like dry straw. I had frizz when letting my hair air dry--seemed like I couldn't find the perfect amount of the curl cream to use. Too much, I was greasy. Too little, my waves were frizzy & undefined. Just like Goldilocks, only with a nasty rash...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 2:37:00 AM More reviews by skeptic11

Love this stuff. Results in nice soft loose curls that are defined and bouncy. Smells great. My little son loves it too - he calls "his shampoo."
Worked very well for my wavy frizzy prone hair.
I buy it when I can find it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2011 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Hysa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

One of the few shampoos i've tried that has actually made my hair look worse. It's too silicone-y, it does not moisturize whatsoever and the smell is far from pleasant. I will never buy anything from this brand again

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 9:07:00 PM More reviews by blahbee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

haha maybe i'm one the only people who will like this, but this shampoo has literally changed my hair overnight. I bought this because I've been starting to wear my hair natural (it has natural waves to it) and was looking for something to enhance the waves. I stopped at Chatters while they were having their liter sale and the SA recommended this. The first thing i LOVE about this shampoo is the SMELL, it smells absolutely AMAZING and makes washing my hair so much more enjoyable. Plus it DOES bring out my natural waves, and makes my hair BOUNCY, SHINY and SOFT! UNBELIEVABLE! I love it! I really hope nothing changes after using it after a while, since i've only had this for about 2 weeks.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/5/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by sasami999

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this from a curly friend who didn't like it, which should have been my first hint.

I have 3a/3b curls and this stuff didn't clean very well first of all. I get oily near my scalp and this just didn't do anything for that. It also did nothing to help my curls or frizz. It basically was useless.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2010 8:08:00 AM More reviews by DKER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

After 3 uses on myself (wavy) and 4-5 on my kid (curly and coarse) the verdict is in: we like this shampooo, but don't LOVE it. It is an SLS containing shampoo with a water soluble 'cone in it, and also contains jojoba oil near the top of the ingredient listing and avocado oil near the bottom. It is not as super drying as standard-fare drugstore SLS shampoos, but it is still an SLS shampoo. No effect whatsoever on frizz though. I bought it at ULTA's liter sale: 12$ for a liter is a good price for this stuff. I would not pay more though. We'll happily use it up, only repurchase if we run out and it is once again on sale.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2009 3:03:00 AM More reviews by kristenck89

So, I might mention that Sexy Hair has just reformulated and updated the packaging of their Curly Sexy Hair line. This is a review of the old Curly Sexy Hair shampoo.

I picked up a big bottle of this, and the conditioner, for $11 each at Ross, being a fan of the brand and somebody with curly hair. Using this for a couple days I can say that I'm not all that impressed with the shampoo, but the shampoo and conditioner together DEFINITELY seemed to have an impact on the definition of my curls compared to how they look with the products I had been using (chocolate soy milk shampoo and soy milk conditioner) and using the same styling products. I never even thought that definition was my problem, but after I used this my curls just looked so much more... bouncy and lively.

However, I hated the way this product felt on my hair. It felt like it dried it out too much, and didn't really lather up right. Even after I conditioned, I was left with a kind of dry-feeling spot on the very top of my head. I much prefer the chocolate soy milk shampoo, because even if it doesn't particularly do anything for my curls, it smells better, lathers better, is sulfate free, and feels wonderful on my hair. I get the feeling that if I use this shampoo more than once every couple of days it would dry my hair out...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2009 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

I used this and the line last summer. I have naturally super curly hair and usually in the summer I tend to take a break from straightening my hair.....well this stuff along with the rest of the line did absolutely nothing for my hair!!! It didn't lather up well and it seemed to have rinsed ok but my hair just didn't feel clean after using this shampoo....I had to force my self to use this junk up and I would never buy it again.
I was better off using Pantene's line for curly hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by espressoqn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't overly impressed with this product. Just didn't seem to do anything special for me. Definitely not the worst, but I've tried better. I have very curly hair and I only wash 2-3 times a week, usually with Pantene for curls. I thought I'd try this product line because it was on sale at Ulta, buy 2 get 2 free. It smells nice and lathered well, but I just don't see any major improvement in my hair. I will use what is left in the bottle, but probably won't purchase again.