September 30, 2014 | 1232 users online

Cleansers - Nivea - Oil Control Cleansing Gel

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2012 11:02:00 PM More reviews by Jubilee

It truly is a shame this cleanser is discontinued, because it's really good stuff. I bought a bottle of it off ebay so i could try it for myself. In my job I sweat. a lot. But when I used this, my skin looked great. No breakouts and it was soft and not at all dried out.Not sure if it really did much to exfoliate, but I use a weekly face scrub for that anyway. Nivea, you need to bring this back!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2009 4:08:00 AM More reviews by ButterFlo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This has been my HG cleanser for years on end! I used to have really bad acne all over in my early teens and I haven't found anything that worked better than this product. It cleanses your skin gently, not drying it at all. I barely get any breakouts now, after using it, I recommend it to everyone!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2009 5:07:00 PM More reviews by renyun

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is generally good for those who want oil control. It doesn't leave your skin that too tight or squeaky tight clean sensation after you wash it which is pretty good.

I love the gel which gives you this cool feeling when you apply the cleanser onto your face and the beads inside is good for exfoliation. It's not bad but since I have combination skin with dry cheeks this gel actually dried my cheeks up a little and made it raw and red looking. **recommend for those with oily skin.

EDIT: Since this cleanser is difficult to find where I live, I have started to use a different gel cleanser.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/24/2007 1:38:00 AM More reviews by vojnik

Non-irritating but doesn't really make the skin produce less oil- in general. However, still a decent alternative- whenever I'm trying to save some money.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2007 9:06:00 AM More reviews by mel2

Does make my skin feel refreshed when I use it which is why I've given it 3 lippys, but takes a while to wash off and mabe my skin feels bit tight after I've used it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2007 9:41:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use this years ago, its very nice and scrubby but after using glycolic treatments, my skin is sensitive and the cleanser burns on my sensitive areas. I use it on my oilier days- its a good oil free so-so cleanser for oily skin. While most companies make products for acneic skin, its good to know Nivea has this cleanser oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2007 10:49:00 AM More reviews by jbreynol

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't see a difference in my skin. It didn't help or hurt. Just a normal cleanser. I'm blotting my face now with a napkin. It's just as oily as ever. Oh well.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2006 9:57:00 AM More reviews by aysegulg

This is my mother's HG for years. She has 53 years old mature but oily skin and this green gel with tiny blue granules cleans her face without drying. It is very affordable and comfortable for her, but very drying for me, so I use it when I'm left without the smallest dab of my regular cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2005 1:42:00 AM More reviews by asteria

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using this cleanser for over 3 years and every time the stores run out I get nervous. It keeps my skin from breaking out and is not overly drying. Skin feels healthy and clean after rinsing it off, not tight. The microbeads do not exfoliate much unless you put the cleanser on dry and scrub like crazy, so it's not too exfoliating for daily use. My skin is oily in my t-zone and normal elsewhere, so this cleanser might not be the ticket for serious acne. I was suprised about the negative reviews for this product but I guess everyone has different needs. It's not too risky of a choice if you're looking for a new cleanser for oily skin, if you ask me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2005 1:45:00 PM More reviews by CRYPTOCHANGEO

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Take it from someone who has been dealing with breakouts for years this is the best cleanser on the market for all skin types! This cleanser removes excess oil but doesn't strip your face of the moisture needed. It clears your skin because it keeps it balanced, not irratated. Most will not even need a moisturizer after. If you wear heavy makeup like I do Use Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle scrub after using this. Trust me!!!!Give it a few days and please post your opinion on how it went. I have spent thousands of dollars over the years. What do you have to loose.