July 31, 2014 | 1039 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot - Perky

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by jokasta

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am baffled at the reviews here about Perky. I went to the MAC counter and asked for an eyeshadow that :
1. would not accentuate my hooded eyes that crease and wrinkle if the eyeshadow is too dry 2) wanted something that looks natural, can be used alone, will brighten my face subtly. Perky failed on all these points.

Firstly, I get scaly and uneven application. It instantly looks like old and dry eyeshadow on me. There is virtually no colour or anything that will brighten my face. No beige, white or coral. Just scales and patches with small glittery specks here and there. Every single time I have asked a MAC sales assistant ( in Athens, Greece ) for tips and suggestions, I have been given the wrong item. This is just a waste of money for me and such a huge disappointment for mac.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 1:51:00 PM More reviews by expat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

NOTE: This has NOT been discontinued -- I just bought it this week at the MAC counter at Dillard's. I think the name is perfect for this -- it really does perk up my tired old eyes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 1:43:00 AM More reviews by Tygerlilee84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I know it's lame to review discontinued products becuase it's frustrating if you can't swap or find a reasonable price for it. However, I just got this for $20 on ebay (which I consider very reasonable) after trying to swap for it, and I love it soooooo much. I just got it last week and I've been using it every day. I don't have many HG items, but this is one for sure!!
I have been looking for a glowy peachy eyeshadow forever. Things turn pink or orange on me or are dull. I tried a lot of eyeshadows. Never found anything. I got this, and it's perfect. I can wear this alone for a soft peachy eye. Or under all sorts of eyeshadows that were blah and dull, it brightens them up. I've used it with MAC Orb, All that Glitters, Naked Lunch, and Paradisco and it makes them all look amazing and brighter. I also used this as a cream blush on my cheeks. I've had the same problem with blushes being either too pink or too orange and never a soft peachy color. This works amazingly well as a blush and lasts forever! The staying power of Perky is great.
It's described as a frost, but I don't see any frost on me at all. It's not a flat matte so maybe the frost just doesn't make it look flat. But it's certainly not shimmery at all. It looks like a matte blush on my cheeks.
I just love this color so much-it's the color I've been looking for forever! I'm going to try it on my lips too. I'm really curious if it will work...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 1:03:00 AM More reviews by kjmsmm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am so sad that this isn't available anymore! It is the perfect peachy pinky coral color. While I love coral crepe - I feel that this is more wearable and goes with much much more.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 2:21:00 AM More reviews by ifoundlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I pretty much used this in each look I did before I got my hands on Too Faced's Shadow Insurance! My pot is still really creamy, I'm kinda worried for when It gets dried out and starts cracking on the sides :( I wish I had more colors, I only have this & Coral Crepe, and they look similar in color! Love using this as a base it makes my eyeshadow adhere to it & it lasts such a long time :D great product & for what it costs, it's worth it because it'll go a loooooong way!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I like Perky as a base in pink-based looks. IMO it's a little too light to wear as a shadow on its own, but it works very well as a base to prevent creasing. I use it mostly under Expensive Pink or other coral/ pink-based looks. I'm not sure how often I will use this just because it's not a colour I reach for often, but it is a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 4:24:00 AM More reviews by doris98

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by mkgirl9

I've had this product for a while, as a little goes a long way. Its an absolutely beautiful pink coral color. I use it all over my overlids to prep for shadow. It makes my shadows last longer! I wish the packaging was a little better. But I always wash my hands before I use this to avoid more germs.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2009 6:36:00 PM More reviews by mgonzales

uuumm okay. i recently bought a paint pot (my frist time using it) and i fell in love with it. however... i've been hearing a lot of people who have used paint pots for months and have stopped because they've developed wrinkles and small creases on their eye lids. i've noticed to on some of my friends who have used it that it the skin on their eyelids begin to start looking like shiny scales. has anyone come across this problem also?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2009 7:40:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this color, its a pale earthy pink with subtle shimmer. It does make a great base. I think this shade is discontinued, I purchased mine from a seller. The only thing with paint pots they do tend to dry out. I've been told to apply a small amount of vaseline to the outer edges of the jar to make an airtight seal when you close it. It helps reduce drying out.