September 22, 2014 | 1976 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - 5-Colour Iridescent Eyeshadow Pink May

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 6:57:00 PM More reviews by scribbles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a really feminine and soft quint! I was able to find it thanks to a lovely MUA-er. The colors show up more if you use a color base. But I've used it without, and it's still lovely. Beautiful shades and textures - a go-to palette for me. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2008 4:26:00 PM More reviews by catdeluxe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is wonderful pallette, I just got it yesterday and I can't wait to wear all these lovely colors.
It's a wonderful blend of champagne (in the middle), peach, pink, purple and lilac.
They have long staying power (I have 2 other Dior quints) and have this lovely luminous shine.
Perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2008 7:44:00 AM More reviews by AriannaCapuani

This palette is expensive, but definitely worth it. Buildable eyeshadows (in case you want a full color effect, I suggest you to use applicators in the box instead of brushes), non-drying, with a good staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2008 8:54:00 AM More reviews by ditzycubanita824

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a LE quint in the Spring 2008 collection. Absolutely gorgeous irridecent shades of pinks, purples, and peach. When swatching them, they look very sheer to the touch but the colors are definetly buildable. The texture is shimmery throughout and not just an overspray of shimmer. The quality is superb and blends like butter. Although these arent pigmented enough to do a bold eye, i am using them as highlighters or on top of other shadow to make them "pop" and results are oh so gorgeous! You can also use these all over for a more angelic and natural look. It was a challenge trying to find this gorgeous beauty. I went to Saks, Neimans, Macys and Dillards in store and they were all sold out. Luckily, it was still available online at Saks.com. It was worth the wait as it is stunning! If youre tired of golden highlighters, then this is for you =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 7:32:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I only have two other Dior Quints, the two I find the most special: Stylish Move and Secret Charm. I'm attracted to iridescent shadows, ones with complex shimmer and gorgeous sheen. Pink May was a huge standout - grabbed and hooked me, love at first sight, that sorta thing. The peach shade is a complex, gorgeous peachy gold, not too warm and just stunning on its own. The champagne in the center is also complex and gorgeous. The purpley shade is a subtle color, but has a gorgeous iridescence as well. The two pinks are also fabulous, though very similar once applied. The texture of all of it is amazing...like velvet. Would definitely repurchase, and if they released a single of the peach shade, I'd buy 20 of them...lol...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2008 10:00:00 PM More reviews by nakamura

I Love, Love, LOVE this palette!!! LOVE it! I got it online during the NM Beauty Event, and was nervous because I always am when ordering beauty products off the internet. I had to get it because the colors looked sooo pretty and Jessica Stam (I think that was her) looks AMAZING in the ads. And I am so glad I got it online because I was so nervous about it, I went to my NM counter to try it on to see if I would really like it, and they didn't even have any. The lady said they sold out in like a week. But I've also noticed that my local NM Dior counter is often out of the seasonal shades. What gives? She didn't know that I already ordered it, so she was trying to tell me that it was a terrible product anyway. She said it was too sheer, you can't tell the difference between the colors, and it's just a lot of shimmer. She was trying to sell me a different palette. So that made me EXTRA nervous about it!

But it arrived today and I tore the packaging off (as if it's Christmas or something), and tried it on immediately. And I LOVED it! It wasn't too shimmery at all (usually too much shimmer makes my lids look wrinkly, and this one did not at all). It was sheer, but not too sheer-- opaque enough to see the colors. And they were BEAUTIFUL colors. It gave my eyes a great ethereal glow, and made me look younger. I felt like a princess angel, or like Stam. I LOVE them, highly recommend them.

The only thing is, since the NM counter didn't have it in stock, I didn't get a demo of how it should be best applied (like what color where) so if you have any ideas, let me know!

UPDATE: I uploaded a picture of my eye so you can see one of the many ways that I use this palette. The look here is a a very quick do for work - not very dramatic, but clean and pretty. I used the beige as a browbone highlighter, swept the peach all over the inner half of the lid, the light purple all over the outer half, and lined with the darker purple.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2008 7:16:00 PM More reviews by princessgracie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ahh...the SA saw me coming. I wandered to the Dior counter, where I found the new spring colors. Unfortunately, Macy's only has half the collection, but I bought this and an old gloss. (not too exciting, but needed something to match my new look!) These colors are a part of the new iridescent collection of colors. They are beautiful, and have a shimmer to them. They aren't too much of a shimmer, as I realize that at 36, my eyes can't handle the glitter and shimmer of my younger days. I love the Dior shadows, and when the SA tried these on, I fell in love. The colors are: shimmering peach, light lavender sheen, shimmering ivory, violet sheen and soft pink sheen. The SA applied the ivory all over, and added the pink and lavender on my lid. The look is beautiful, and springy. They are perfect for every day wear, unlike some of the previous collections (Night Dust, Myriad, etc). They seem to be lasting a while, as I have shopped, and just given my four year old a bath, eyes looking great. A def. repurchase if it isn't a limited.