September 17, 2014 | 1903 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Chanel - Beaute Initiale Energizing Multi-Protection Eye Cream SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 10/15/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Lizawasadiver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was very excited to try out this cream since it boasted removal of dark circles AND included SPF. Unfortunately, after a few days I found it left the dark circles behind and added some milia. Nevermind! :/

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2012 11:50:00 AM More reviews by eliego7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I was really disappointed with this product. When you pay that price for a cream from such a high end brand, your expectations are higher. Unfortunately, this cream is not hydrating enough, did not helped my dark circles, and stung my eyes like crazy. Won't repurchase, don't recommend to anybody with sensitive eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2011 4:24:00 AM More reviews by swirlyloon

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'll try to review all the products of Chanel skincare that I have.
my mom forbids me to buy drugstore skincare, so I just have to follow her when she buys me skincare and makeup.
I wanted a eye gel because eye cream was just too rich for me and unsuitable for a fourteen year old.
I wanted a eye gel that would hydrate and reduce dark circles and puffiness.
AND THIS ONE DID, with a extra kick of SPF 15.
I've been having dark circles ever since I started IGCSE, it's been tough, but I have to achieve the best grades I can. and because of this, I've been getting lack of sleep and dark circles have became worse.
my skin care routine for night is:
1) Remove makeup with Chanel Lait confort milky cleanser
2) Clean my face again with Chanel mousse douceur
3) Tone my face with Chanel lotion douceur
4) Moisturise my face with Chanel hydramax gel creme
5) moisturise my eye with Kiehls avocado eye treatment ( I can't use the chanel one because it has SPF 15 and it's not good for night time /: )
But I use this eye gel for the day and it's really good, it got rid of puffiness and dark circles for me, although I still have a bit of dark circles left, it's entirely up to me to sleep more and not rely on some eye gel.

I REALLY LOVE THIS PRODUCT AND I RECOMMEND IT :D
oh and btw, my sister who is seventeen uses this as well and it's good for her as well :)

rated 3 of 5 on 9/8/2011 10:13:00 PM More reviews by marija88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Has anybody gotten milia under their eyes from this? i noticed i have little pimples under my eyes (very tiny) and i am wondering if it is milia and if it from this eye cream because i also use clinique all about eyes gel (not together)
Any advise would help :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2011 3:17:00 PM More reviews by ChanelCoco4412

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was super excited to get this and the moiturizing fluid but man was I disappointed! It might just be my skintype, but this cream stung around the eyes when I applied it, and gave me red bumps around my eyes.

Aside from that, in general terms the packaging is beautiful and easy and hygienic, but the price is extortionate. I would pay any price for a really great cream or treatment, but this doesn't justify the price because it doesn't do what it's initially supposed to - MOITURIZE. It's too thin and my eyes felt tight not comfortable and moituruzed.

Took it back to the shop. Will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by njamigra

I like that this eye cream come with an SPF15. It's not very easy to find an eye cream with an SPF that doesn't sting my eye. It has a light cream texture, so its not a heavy eye cream which I like a lot about it. I have been using this product for several months now and I quite like it. It come in a tube form which i like, I hate it with cream come in tub form. I don't have too much problem with my eye area so for me it didn't have any drastic change on me. I just need an eye cream that keep my under eye hydrate and is a good base for my under eye concealer and this seem to do the job. A tube will last a while since you don't need too much of it each time. It is a good product but I like to keep trying other eye cream on the market, so I won't re-purchase this unless I don't know what else to get.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2010 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Noboho

Lovely. Just lovely. I got a recommendation for this eye cream from a great SA at Henri Bendel's. I'm 21 and have been using eye creams for 2 years. I'm a staunch believer in prevention. This is the fourth eye cream I've used. I haven't been faithful to any yet as I, 1. Haven't been particularly blown away with any eye cream yet and 2. I'm on a quest to find a HG. I love how light it is and yet it still moisturizes my eye area more than sufficiently. It reflects light beautifully. My eyes look brighter and the skin around them isn't dull looking anymore. The packaging is really sanitary which I like. So many companies put their eye creams in jars, and I really appreciate a good tube. I really love the way this smells too. It's not fragranced or anything, but you can smell the ingredients and it smells very fresh. I've not had any irritation, hallelulja. The last eye cream I used was horribly irritating. Just make sure you don't accidentally rub your eyes before this cream settles and dries. Ouch. Other than that, I'm quite pleased with this. Super expensive, but it does exactly what I'd like it to do.
***EDIT*** - With continued use, I just don't find this hydrating enough. I'd prefer it to make my eye area softer and more plump. This just isn't cutting it. Therefore I cannot justify the price anymore. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/5/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by xixi350

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've been using this product for a couple of months now. It's kind of expensive, but compares with some other top brand eye creams, it's an acceptable price. Althrough I don't really see it helps for dark circle, basically I think only sleep early and sleep for a good 8 hrs/day can really help reduce dark circle and puffy eyes, no eye cream can really do the magic. So to me, the eye cream is like face cream to the eye area, as long as it keeps skin moisture, no fine lines, and not crazy expensive, it's a good product. I found this eye cream very moisture, and it reduced expression lines around my eye area. I like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by notalike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Been using this cream for the last 6 months. Quite decent, although expensive, an eye cream. Can't really attest that it helps reduce puffiness and dark circles (I don't think it's possible). It is a decent moisturizer. I like the texture - very light and absorbs well. Overall nothing spectacular. Won't repurchase, unless I can't find anything better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2010 5:42:00 AM More reviews by tricyclesinskirts

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Without good skin, what's the point of having good makeup?my mom has beaten the importance of taking care of my skin into my brain, and I've been using eye creams and SPF for several years now (I'm 24.) while this may seem extreme, this isn't my first eye cream--but it is the first one I have really loved. ROC was before Chanel, but it's packaging was more annoying (the metal tube always caused product to squirt out at abandon,) and it didn't have an SPF, which I adoreeee. Also, the Chanel has a lovely light-reflecting quality that helps to further balance out the dark circles that are the bane of my existence. I love everything about this line, and own the serum too. I can't understand why anyone would put an eye cream IN their eye--of course it will sting if it goes IN IT, and anything Chanel is expensive. You get what you pay for with this product. I cannot speak highly enough of it.