October 24, 2014 | 1727 users online

Treatments (Eye) - MAC - Moisturelush Eye Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:02:00 PM More reviews by Bethany09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Overall, I like this eye cream, but I don't love it. It is very moisturizing and sets a good base for eye make-up like concealer. It does not have a very strong fragrance, it is very light. It looks kind of pinkish pearly in the jar but is quite emollient so a little goes a long way. The texture of the cream is not very creamy or gel-like, it's a very unique texture like cream and powder (it's hard to describe) like it is smooth but not in a light and fluffy like Clinique's All About Eyes. A really good thing is that it doesn't just sit on my skin like it dissolves very good and allows smooth makeup application. I don't like the packaging as a jar because of sanitary reasons but it seems like it's a popular package for many eye creams that I have seen. In terms of the pricing of this product, it is way overpriced for a simple moisturizing eye cream as it does not have anti-aging properties in it. Most of MAC skin care products are overpriced, imo. Again, I like it because it does moisturize my eye area but I have found a cheaper moisturizing eye cream that delivers the same performance. So I wouldn't buy this again because I think it's too expensive for what it does.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2010 7:48:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Initially, I bought this when I could NOT get that ridiculous Studio Sculpt Concealer to go on smoothly under my eyes. No matter what eye cream I used, it looked dry and chalky so I figured I would try Moisturelush as it looked VERY rich, smoothing and like it would help the concealer work better. Well, it didn't but in the process I discovered an eye cream that I really, really like. It seems as though it's pretty "low tech" - no secret ingredients with made up, "scientific-sounding" names - but it's very emollient and pleasant and does a great job of putting smoothing over the undereye area. Some may not like the packaging and feel it's not hygienic but given the thickness of the cream, I can't imagine that any other type of packaging could work. I just use a clean, sanitized spatula to take out the amount I need. This might be too heavy for younger skins and perhaps not the best for everyone for daytime wear (though I haven't had a problem) but if you are looking for a richer formulation for the under eye area, give this one a try.

Update: 28/11/10: Last week, the MAC sales clerk I usually deal with told me that they were told at a seminar that this eye cream was going to be discontinued. I told her what a bone-headed move that was for the company but I guess this is probably not a big seller for them. In any case, I will be stocking up on this product and hoping that, unopened, it will keep.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by makeupMichelle10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

PLEASE NOTE: i know the website might tell you this is supposed to help with eye circles, but it doesn't. This is used for people with super dry lids and under eye area. If your looking for a eye-safe cream to just cure the dryness, then this will do. Most eye creams are composed of the same ingredients as a normal face lotion give or take some. I have sensitive eyes and this did not bother them at all.
If you are looking for a miracle, you wont find that in any eye cream unless it has SPF in it, which this does not, and thats why I gave it 4 lippies. Want to prevent those fine lines? Find a cream with proper UVA protection.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2010 4:18:00 AM More reviews by codyeve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a decent eye cream. I don't have darkness or any issues with the skin around my eyes, it's more of a preventive measure. It hydrates my eyes nicely & does have a bit of a shimmer to it. Leaves more of a faint radiance behind. It's a very thick formula so this will last me quite awhile. I do not like the packaging, I hate dipping my fingers into things ESPECIALLY when it comes to dealing with the eyes. All in all I would say this is average.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by simera2371

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about 6 months now, and ya it does moisturize under the eye, but what eye cream doesnt. It is pretty expensive, i think you can save your money and buy an eye cream from somewhere more cheaper. It only moisturizes under your eye it doesnt do anything else it claims to do.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2010 7:20:00 AM More reviews by grapegirlplum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My under eye area is very dry; especially in the winter. I had to stop wearing concealer, because my eyes were so dry and flaky. I tried Oil of Olay, Clinique, Garnier, and even Chanel eye creams, but nothing worked. The MUA at MAC kept telling me about it but I wouldn't listen; I just thought that it was another overrated MAC product. I finally broke down and bought it!!! It is a miracle product; IMO! My under eye area is very moisturized now!!! The MUA that helped me told me, "Now you will listen to us"!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2010 8:31:00 PM More reviews by AJT711

Great hydrating eye cream. Preps your eye for under eye concealer and is great!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/16/2010 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Bambi2Bambi

I bought MAC moisturelush eye cream hoping it would fight first expression lines under my eyes. It did not, but left the area around my eyes nicely hydrated. I would describe it more as a balm than a cream and it felt very soothing when I applied it at night. In the morning however I used an eye gel, because moisturelush was not a good make up base (my eyeshadow tended to crease). However it looks nice applied without makeup because it has a slight pinkish shimmer which makes dark circles less visible.
I did not like the package though because jars in general are less hygienic than tubes and I noticed that in the mornig my eyes tended to by slightly red.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2010 10:51:00 PM More reviews by glammisskelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i like this eye cream quite a lot! it moisturizes well, an is very soothing for my eye area. i like the light diffusing in it as well kind of iridescent. will buy again!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2010 7:45:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyedBeauty1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yet again another skin care product from Mac which isn't all that they claim it to be! Again, I had read so many good reviews on this product too but I was let down! I didn't think it moisturised my eye area that well let alone the other things its supposed to do. Apparently this cream is supposed to be thicker than the face moisturelush cream, well good job I didn't buy that then, as this didn't do much for me.