October 30, 2014 | 1649 users online

Conditioner - Cantu - shea butter conditioner

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2011 11:26:00 AM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Like the smell of this, and yes, I'd buy again until I find something else. I expected this to be more moisturizing than it is. It is thick and a bit hard to get out of the bottle. I have straight hair that is coarse, dry, brittle, easily breaks, falls out..........Basically, terrible hair, thanks to a thyroid prob. Anyway, this didn't weigh my hair down or cause it to be greasy, but it didn't do much moisturizing either. However, this is better than most others claiming to moisturize, and I've tried many! Also, the smell didn't linger in my hair. And I didn't have any problems with tangles. Just a standard conditioner. It works better when used along with Cantu's leave in conditioner. Got mine at Walgreens, for $4.99. For daily care, this is a bit above average for me, right now, anyway.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/26/2010 2:28:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Inexpensive. Good conditioner for very dry hair. Found in the African-American hair section at my Walmart.

CONS: Not great for fine hair. I disliked the smell.

ALTERNATE: If you want something for very damaged but very fine hair, try Weightless Conditioner Detangler by Motions. (I actually like the shampoo version of this because the scent is okay in the shampoo.) For super conditioning, I love L'Oreal's Nature's Therapy "Mega Moisture" (found at Sally's Beauty Supply.)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2010 2:42:00 PM More reviews by TopModelBELLA

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This sucks after I shampooed I was hoping the conditiner can take away the hay like feel but it did notthing. It made my hair hard to detangle and left a nasty smell in my hair . When I blew out my hair it still felt like straw UGH worst 1st impression ever I'm not gonna even bother with it anymore .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 3:59:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect for natural and/or texturized hair! Leaves my hair feeling *moisturized*, and that's exactly what my hair badly needs!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Onychophora

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This REALLY works.
I have waist-length hair, it's very dry, and it tangles horribly if it's not perfectly moisturized. This conditioner lets me comb my hair out without using detangler or hair oil--no other conditioner has done that before! And for half the price of all the other stuff I've tried (Garnier, Dove, Pantene....), where they seem to spend more effort on the ads than on actually making the stuff work properly.
Don't be fooled the "ethnic hair care" label, this is great for everybody.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 11:15:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is moisturizing without weighing my hair down, and leaves my hair healthy looking and shiny. It has a pretty decent amount of shea butter in it without banking the bank, so good for those with dry or over-processed hair. Plus it smells amazing. Great when paired with the matching shampoo.