August 1, 2014 | 1077 users online

Shampoo - Mill Creek Biotin Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2013 6:22:00 AM More reviews by Minniemz

Since i started using this shampoo along with taking msm supplements my hair became so unbelievably soft! I can't stop touching my hair. I am just so happy coz' i've always had stiff, hard and frizzy long hair so having soft silky like hair makes me wanna thank the stars for discovering this shampoo. Finally found my HG shampoo..wheeee!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by rock_chip

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This a great, basic shampoo. The texture is strange at first - very similar to aloe vera gel, which is one of the ingredients. It slips out of the hand easily, so be careful! I found that I had to use more of this than normal because it doesn't lather as much as traditional shampoo. It cleans very well and leaves the scalp tingling, due to peppermint oil in the ingredients. I also feel like my hair is a little more shiny. It does not build up in the hair at all - there is a noticeable difference between this and a traditional, chemical-laden shampoo.

I lost very little hair in the shower while using this shampoo, but I generally don't have a hair loss problem, so I'm not sure if it made a difference on that front. It cleaned my hair effectively and has not damaged it in any way, so I'm happy. I just finished up a bottle, and I would repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by lisa1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Im on the fence right now about this shampoo. I like the lather (rich bubbly), i like the minty tingle on my scalp,... and that's about it. It dries out my hair something terrible. And i notice just as much hair fall out. I'll keep using this for a while... will give it a whole month just to see... But so far... NOT impressed!

UPDATE 5/30/2013 - Dries out the hair every single time to the point where even with conditioner, i have to tug at it to get the tangles out. DO NOT BOTHER BUYING THIS! Waste of money

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by csann

I bought this for my long color treated straight hair. My scalp gets oily and itchy if I skip a day of shampooing. This shampoo is a creamy shampoo with a mild peppermint scent. It doesn't lather very well, I end up using twice the amount compared to my normal SLS shampoo (Herbal Essence). It really is gentle on my color treated hair and helps maintain the color . It's not drying, but my hair does get very tangled up. A conditioner will solve this problem. I do notice significantly less hair fall. My hair also looks thicker. My biggest problem with this shampoo is that it does not help with my itchy scalp, perhaps because it's too gentle in cleansing, my scalp gets itchy by mid day.

I've just started using Nature's Gate Tea Tree shampoo and I find that it's better. It lathers better, helps my itchy scalp, and my hair fall is also less with this shampoo. It's slightly cheaper too!

I bought this from iherb.com. Use code FPK731 for $5 off your first time order (or $10 off for orders more than $40)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by serines

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this shampoo at my local "farmer's market," on sale for about $7, normally $10.
I've been using this shampoo for about a week and my hair appears fuller and softer. I use a tiny amount(half a dime size) of Dove conditioner with this and my hair doesn't get dry or any of the other negative things. I hope this doesn't ever get discontinued.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2013 9:30:00 AM More reviews by Honeyrider1977

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I’ll begin by saying “I really, really wanted to like this product”… but it was a huge disappointment. I suffer “bouts” of hair loss at times related to auto-immune disorder; I bought this product hoping it would help, but for me and my hair type it was anything but “Holy Grail”. In all fairness I don’t think it was necessarily the shampoo/conditioner that caused the excessive hair loss; I believe it had more to do with my hair type not being a good match for this stuff. My hair is a thick/coarse/dry consistency; the shampoo immediately gave my hair that “squeaky clean” feeling upon application- meaning it dried the hell out of my poor hair… and the more I tried to run my fingers through it, the more hair I lost. Next came the conditioner… same thing- more hair loss. Although it put some moisture back into my hair, it just wasn’t enough for my super dry/coarse hair. Final verdict: if your hair is on the dry side and you need something with extra moisturizer, this stuff probably isn’t for you.

FYI- I tried this product during a “good” period (not losing excessive amounts of hair related auto-immune disorder). Therefore I’m confident it was the shampoo/conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:08:00 PM More reviews by neonsnylons

To start off, this is my first review on makeupalley and I would have never thought I would make an account just to leave my thoughts on this product. I have been using this product along with the conditioner for about 6 weeks and I am almost done with the shampoo. I tend to use more shampoo than conditioner but with this product (being that it is sulfate free) you might use up more than usual. My hair has been falling off for about 2 years and through many doctors visits they could not find a reason to my problem. The only idea I have to why my hair was falling out so dramatically was because of my sudden and unhealthy weight loss of 25 lbs in just around 2 months. I loved my hair and having it fall off was one of the worst things any girl can go through so the first thing I did was search for shampoos that catered to thinning hair which is how I came across nioxin. Nioxin is VERY expensive and I spent a lot of money on many bottles but found that, in the end, my hair was still falling out. I still have bottles of nioxin (the largers ones too) which I just keep away in storage. I stopped using nioxin ever since I found mill creek biotin shampoo and after one week of using this product I can tell that it decreased my hair fall out instantly and almost fully. This product, compared to nioxin, is way cheaper and is much more effective for me. I do not find myself with hair all over my shirt and when I run my fingers through my hair I do not end up with much or even any on my hand. Even when I shower there is not as much hair that falls out. The consistency of this shampoo is pretty thick but nothing about it is too off putting. The smell is quite minty but does not leave a strong sent on your hair after being washed. I gave it a 4 for packaging because I would love for them to come out with larger bottles that have pumps. I highly suggest this product and hope that you achieve the same results I have experienced.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2012 1:31:00 AM More reviews by coocoovanille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This shampoo, with the matching conditioner, is my HG--I have already repurchased it a couple of times since I started using it this summer, and I will continue to do so. The texture of both the shampoo and the conditioner is a little strange, but don't let that put you off, they are amazing! For reference, I have fine, thin hair that was shedding almost nonstop since I had my youngest baby, and she is now 3. I was afraid I would end up bald. Then, to top it all off, I got a really bad haircut. About a month later, I found this shampoo. It has cut down on my shedding by at least 50%, if not more. I lose almost nothing in the shower now, and hardly anything when I comb my hair after the shower, whereas before it was coming out in handfuls. My hair is easy to comb now (I have normally very tangly hair) and it is so shiny and healthy looking--my hair actually looks radiant. I am so thrilled with these products. I get mine a bit cheaper from iherb.com. If you are a new customer, use code GEL988 for $5 off your first order!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by gioja

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using Avalon Organic Biotin Shampoo for long time and was very happy with it but they changed the formula and it became drying. This is my replacement and I have to say that I’m pleased with it. The scent is very light and minty. Sometime I add few drops of tangerine or jasmine oil if I want to have e treat.
This is still a bit drying for my dry processed hair but I’m convinced that it made a difference. Maybe it is only my imagination but I have the impression that after a while of using this shampoo I have less shedding and I have more small hair growing on my hairline. When I think that I need more moisture I add some jojoba oil to it and this makes my hair very soft and seems to enhance my waves.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by TiffanieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have fine hip length hair that is easily damaged and a dry scalp. It’s now fall here in Maine, and that means my normally dry scalp becomes a very irritated extra dry scalp and adds extra shedding to a normally heavy shedding period. To make matters worse, I do hair masks once a month and added Rosemary and Avocado Oil to my mix at the end of Aug. I had a bad reaction to one of them and my hair came out in clumps - making my hair noticeably thinner… I can’t take Biotin supplements because they make me break out, so I decided to look into a Biotin Shampoo as a way to strengthen and hold onto the hair that I still have. I’m so glad that I did! *No signs of breakouts caused by the shampoo BTW*

The amount of shedding was dramatically reduced from the 1st use. After a month of using this product (and Avalon Organics Biotin Conditioner) my hair looks very healthy and full, despite the massive amount of hair loss I had the month before. Elasticity and strength have improved and I have not had a problem with the ends of my hair or my scalp getting dry. Plus, I have also seen a slight increase in my hairs growth rate. I measure my hair monthly and it’s normal growth rate is a little under ¾’’. Last month it was almost 1’’! I think my scalp appreciates the Biotin boost.

I LOVE that this shampoo is gentle, made with all natural and organic ingredients, Biotin is the 2nd ingredient on the list, it’s PH Balanced and Sulfate, Paraben, artificial fragrance and color free. Can’t beat the price either! I bought this shampoo a month ago for $4.64 (16fl oz. ÷ $4.64 = $0.29 per oz!).

Now for the things I dislike. I’m not in love with the smell... The lathering issue a few other reviewers mentioned is very common among natural shampoo’s. It makes spreading the shampoo around a little harder and you have to use more product. However, when you take into consideration how bad sulfates (the ingredient in most shampoos that create a bubbly lather) are for your hair the trade off is definitely worth it. For the price I couldn’t care less about using 2 or 3 quarters amount instead of 1 anyways.

Of all the natural hair products I have used - which is quite a few because I am a product junkie - Mill Creek’s Biotin Shampoo is one of my overall favorites. In fact, it’s HG material!

INGREDIENTS: Deionized Water, Biotin, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Peppermint Oil, Hydrolyzed Elastin, Niacin, Folic Acid, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Organic Essential Oil, Jojoba Oil, Inositol, Barley Extract, Sodium Myreth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine (Coconut Oil), Octyl Dimethyl Paba, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Botanical Fragrance.