November 26, 2014 | 1287 users online

Toners - Wet 'n' Wild - Fresh Face Skincare Acne Clarifying Astringent

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by dayuh86

I found this on clearance on the one day in my life I went in search of a replacement for the Proactive toner. I'm generally hesitant about Wet 'n' Wild products because I'm hypersensitive to their cosmetic products (and most others), but I love this stuff. The formula is great because it doesn't sting or dry out my face, and it still gets the residue left after cleansing. After using, my face feels clean and moisturized, without any irritation.

It does exactly what it says, and it's only $4.99 at full-price. Great bargain.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2008 7:22:00 PM More reviews by IvyGuppy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

WnW's Clarifying Astringent is an effective and inexpensive alcohol-free toner. Although the WnW website lists the toner as containing only 0.5% salicylic acid, the bottle actually contains 2% salicylic acid which it says on the bottle label. It's a great alternative to pricier toners with similar formulations. The scent at first is a little annoying and it leaves a slightly sticky residue on my face (not really noticeable or annoying IMO) but it does an excellent job clearing out my pores and removing oil; my pores actually look smaller since I started using it. And at $5, it's a steal! I picked up a couple of bottles during the $0.99 WnW sale at Rite Aid. The Acne Clarifying Astringent comes in a beige bottle with a gray colored cap. Don't confuse it with the WnW Skincare Refreshing toner in the lavender bottle; the Refreshing toner doesn't contain any acne medication.