August 21, 2014 | 1883 users online

Moisturizers - Murad - Perfecting Day Cream SPF 30

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 12:37:00 AM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this because it was recommended by a Sephora SA. I was looking for a good moisturizer with a sun block. This product is really drying and I'm not sure it is anything but a sunblock. I'm going to keep it until it runs out and just wear Dermalogica intensive moisture balance under it. Will not repurchase. I don't think this product is anything special that you couldn't buy at the drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by jenettd

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a sample size of this. I like it. It doesn't make me break out but it has a strong sunblock-y smell to it. I was using Murad Oil Free sunblock, which I love. I also tried another sunblock, rx for brown skin, which is pretty good too. i notice with the Perfecting Day Cream, my face is still hydrated and soft at the end of the day, way past 6pm. Whereas with the other 2 I just mentioned, by 4pm my face feels dry and itchy. Not a huge issue since my workday ends around 5 anyway but it is something I noticed. I probably will purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 6:35:00 PM More reviews by kyasha

This product was a pleasant surprise. I was searching for a day moisturizer with sun protection. It easily survived high temperatures of 100F without problems. I sweat a little, but it caused no breakouts on my oily T-zone. It was hydrating for my dry cheeks, neck, decolletage. Potential repurchase for summer.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

not the worst, but not something that I would repurchase. It does give too much of a sunblocky feel. It feels thick and sticky for the first half of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2010 5:42:00 PM More reviews by eleventwentyseven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for about a month now. After washing with the Murad Essential C cleanser, I use a little Decleor neroli oil, moisturize with the Decleor hydra floral day cream, and then after that is absorbed, I top off with the Murad perfecting cream. The reason I mention the other products is because the Murad cream just isn't moisturizing enough on its own. I've found the texture of the cream to be a little "sunblocky" at first application. The key is to smooth a very thin layer over the face. Too much and it can feel a little greasy/shiny. It absorbs well in about 15 minutes and leaves no shine or fragrance. The reason I give this product 4 stars is because I have seen an EXCELLENT improvement in skin tone, it has evened me out, completely cured me of my dry patches and discolored rough spots... and I haven't even been using foundation lately. It's that awesome.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by magoomba

I have been using this moisturizer for a couple weeks now and have been very impressed. I love that has an SPF 30, which seems to be difficult to find. It may have caused me to break out slightly in the beginning, but my skin seems to have adjusted nicely. My skin has been on the drier side for the past couple of years and most daily lotion just seems to sit on top of my skin. This product absorbs nicely and seems to actually be improving my skin. My pores seem smaller and my makeup is going on more smoothly. Overall, I am thrilled. I just wish it was less expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by suzyorchid

I got this from a swap and am glad I was able to try this without purchasing it. First of all, I like the packaging, very hygienic and the product comes easily out of the tube. However, the positives stop there for me. I have normal skin and this cream made my skin very oily (perhaps it would be better for dry skin individuals?). Secondly it made me break out a little after just one use on my skin. In order to use it up I recently starting just using it on my neck area since it has an SPF, but it is starting to make a few areas on my neck break out too. I do not recommend this product at all!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/15/2010 9:08:00 AM More reviews by berna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I did not like it either... I purchased it due to high SPF and thought it would be beneficial for my sensitive and dry skin. However, it did not moisturise my face enough and I had some oily feeling on my face.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/8/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by SRE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Unless you have dry skin, wouldn't recommend this product.

I have extremely dry skin and prefer the Murad night cream for day use. The day perfecting cream wasn't moisturizing enough for me in the winter.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2008 12:54:00 PM More reviews by SugahCookie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I've worn this day cream off and on for many years. I have normal to dry skin and I do not find this product to be greasy at all. I like the way it immediately soaks in and leaves my skin very supple and well hydrated. My foundation looks best when I am wearing Murad day cream. If you have oily skin, this product would be too much. Murad states this product is for dry sensitive skin.