August 20, 2014 | 964 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Dry Skin Therapy Calming Itch-Relief Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by strawberrymelons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is THE BOMB! I have normal skin but in the winter it can get dry a bit. The minute fall starts, my nose gets a bit dry and I get really itchy around my temples. This is where I also get one or two red patches/circles that get super itchy and irritated especially before I go to bed (very mild eczema maybe?). The minute I put this cream on, the itchiness is relieved and by the morning the red patches go away. I also put this cream on in the morning before I put my makeup on. It is not thick, greasy or shiny and it absorbs into the skin quickly. Every winter I suffer from super itchy skin and I only wish that I found this cream earlier because none of the other creams have ever helped me in the past.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure my skin got used to this cream and it does not help at all anymore. It even makes my skin more irritated and itchy. I will stop using it and try some essential oils to calm my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Missylou80

This product was alright. I found it fairly greasy, and on my eczema it burned a few times. But I think that was because of it being extremely dry. I mainly took it to calm my itching (hence the title) but I didn't really find it did anything. I think there are better products for you to spend your money on then this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by fushigisushi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm already on my third tube of this product. About a year ago, I'd developed blotchy,itchy red skin mostly in the winters after showering. This is the only lotion that really soothes the itchiness quickly and is a must have for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by patticat68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I wanted to love this but it stung and burned my dry skin. Once the burning and stinging eased up, it really didn't do much for relieving my itchy skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by VersaillesVixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hate to be the only one who doesn't like this product, but for me, it just doesn't work. I've been having a bout of unexplained itchiness lately--no rash, no broken skin--and have been taking antihistamines to no avail. I thought trying this lotion would help, so I spent my near last ten dollars on a bottle of it. Nothing. I'm as itchy after as I was before I put it on. Not a fan of the texture either; it didn't soak into my skin like my usual lotions.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Awee001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have chronic urticaria and more specifically dermagraphism- a hive that no one knows of its causes with symptoms of welts, itchiness, rash etc. Basically if you itch yourself, put pressure on your skin etc you get a rash. I tried a lot of creams and i find that eucerin has the best instant relief lotion with cooling menthol and oatmeal. Because of the menthol, the skin cools down faster and is less itchy. I do use the other moisturizer by eucerin called calming creme as an overall precaution to dry skin but as an instant relief this lotion is the best. I think people with eczema and psoriasis might also benefit as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by jenniviva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best lotion! For all of you gals (or guys) who have been searching for a "dry itch relief" lotion, this is the one! Unlike other anti-dryness/itch lotions, this one is not super thick and pasty. It is smooth, and has a fresh scent of collodial oatmeal and menthol. I use it everyday!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2010 5:57:00 PM More reviews by cherokee_gurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I must say I really love this stuff. I'm so sad that I didn't purchase it sooner. I always stayed away from it because it was a little too expensive for lotion IMO, but now I see why. The price may be a little too steep, but it's worth it when I really think about it. I completely turns my dry, flaky skin around during drier weather. I have skin that is mostly normal, but can change from combination to dry with season changes. So when I was experiencing really dry skin, I took the plunge and picked this up after trying some out from a co-worker, and I'm so glad I did. After seeing what it did for my skin, esp. my face, the price really didn't matter anymore. It's not thick, but it's not runny, it's kind of in-between IMO. My skin easily soaks it up and it has like this cool, yet tingly feeling when I put it on my face. The smell isn't really enticing, but it's not bad, as I can deal with it. Definitely will be a lotion staple and I will repurchase again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2009 11:23:00 PM More reviews by Baiju

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It is a thick creamy lotion with a semi-matte finish. I do not think it is very anti-itch. It helped my dry hands in winter times at a certain degree but I wish it were more moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 12:59:00 AM More reviews by annachristina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this to calm my severe itching. For some reason, my skin feels like a cheap sweater that's two sizes too small. It worked, but I think it would work better if I used it with the body wash/daily moisturizer/body oil.