October 25, 2014 | 1739 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Eucerin - Dry Skin Therapy Calming Itch-Relief Treatment

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:25:00 PM More reviews by strawberrymelons

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is THE BOMB! I have normal skin but in the winter it can get dry a bit. The minute fall starts, my nose gets a bit dry and I get really itchy around my temples. This is where I also get one or two red patches/circles that get super itchy and irritated especially before I go to bed (very mild eczema maybe?). The minute I put this cream on, the itchiness is relieved and by the morning the red patches go away. I also put this cream on in the morning before I put my makeup on. It is not thick, greasy or shiny and it absorbs into the skin quickly. Every winter I suffer from super itchy skin and I only wish that I found this cream earlier because none of the other creams have ever helped me in the past.

EDIT: I'm pretty sure my skin got used to this cream and it does not help at all anymore. It even makes my skin more irritated and itchy. I will stop using it and try some essential oils to calm my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2013 9:41:00 PM More reviews by Missylou80

This product was alright. I found it fairly greasy, and on my eczema it burned a few times. But I think that was because of it being extremely dry. I mainly took it to calm my itching (hence the title) but I didn't really find it did anything. I think there are better products for you to spend your money on then this.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 1:23:00 PM More reviews by tami25

This saved my skin when I got an allergic reaction from another product and broke out in hives all over my face. My skin was very red and itchy and this calm it down so nicely! plus it didn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by fushigisushi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm already on my third tube of this product. About a year ago, I'd developed blotchy,itchy red skin mostly in the winters after showering. This is the only lotion that really soothes the itchiness quickly and is a must have for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 9:00:00 PM More reviews by chippergal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely wonderful product I cannot live without. I use it nightly on hands, arms, and eyelids! Keeps itchy, dermatitis rashes/hives at bay. It says it contains soothing menthol, but it is very faint. Comes across practically unscented (not at all like the horrid Gold Bond stuff which is so menthol and cooling it burns).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this for my DH's dry skin. It is very effective at treating is dry, itchy skin. I use it also as a very moisturizing hand and foot lotion. Contains glycerin, soothing oatmeal and evening primrose oil. Really like how quickly this hydrates skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2011 1:17:00 PM More reviews by patticat68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I wanted to love this but it stung and burned my dry skin. Once the burning and stinging eased up, it really didn't do much for relieving my itchy skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2011 9:57:00 AM More reviews by VersaillesVixen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hate to be the only one who doesn't like this product, but for me, it just doesn't work. I've been having a bout of unexplained itchiness lately--no rash, no broken skin--and have been taking antihistamines to no avail. I thought trying this lotion would help, so I spent my near last ten dollars on a bottle of it. Nothing. I'm as itchy after as I was before I put it on. Not a fan of the texture either; it didn't soak into my skin like my usual lotions.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Awee001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have chronic urticaria and more specifically dermagraphism- a hive that no one knows of its causes with symptoms of welts, itchiness, rash etc. Basically if you itch yourself, put pressure on your skin etc you get a rash. I tried a lot of creams and i find that eucerin has the best instant relief lotion with cooling menthol and oatmeal. Because of the menthol, the skin cools down faster and is less itchy. I do use the other moisturizer by eucerin called calming creme as an overall precaution to dry skin but as an instant relief this lotion is the best. I think people with eczema and psoriasis might also benefit as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 7:47:00 PM More reviews by jenniviva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Best lotion! For all of you gals (or guys) who have been searching for a "dry itch relief" lotion, this is the one! Unlike other anti-dryness/itch lotions, this one is not super thick and pasty. It is smooth, and has a fresh scent of collodial oatmeal and menthol. I use it everyday!