September 30, 2014 | 1803 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Custom Lips - Crimson

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2011 11:46:00 AM More reviews by LesR

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really a great gloss/lipstick... I received it in a swap and was going to just give it away but thought i'd try it. wow was i surprised! it looks like i've been eating a popsicle. It leaves a very nice red color and even fades away slightly and nicely. Love it! It has a look of a stain as well. (I applied with my finger) I have med- tan olive/yellow color skin and this looks great on my complexion. I always find it hard to find a nice red tone for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the e.l.f. Custom Lips in Guava, Sugar Plum, and Crimson. The colors on my monitor do not match the actual colors in the pans, but I was not expecting them to. On-line shopping has its risks, and I do not have unrealistic expectations. Of the 3, I liked Guava the best: a your lips but better color on me. The finish and feel of the 3 is very light, emollient, and with a slight shimmer. The colors are very sheer, and the wear is about as long as the average lip gloss, so you will have to touch up frequently. The Sugar Plum was my second favorite color: a very cool toned blue pink, a bit brighter for me than I am accustomed to. I have very light olive skin, dark brown eyes and ash brown hair with a fair bit of grey, and need cool colors to liven up my skin. The Crimson I wanted to love: it appeared a nice true red in the pan, but applied as a very bright pink. Perhaps this would work on another person, but I did not like it on me. The overall quality was fine--like a decent lip gloss; I just did not like the color. I love the compact that these pans fit into. I like being able to choose the colors I want, and to switch them out depending on my needs. You just have to be very careful to get those colors that you DO want and look good on you. The mirror in the compact is a nice size, and overall, it is very convenient. If you are expecting long wear and saturated color, you will not find it in this product. But for what it is: a very inexpensive sheer color--it is a true value.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2008 12:45:00 AM More reviews by ChickWithBangs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got mine in guava. It's neat because I can make my lips look subtle & natural. It's fun to apply & it's in a cute little box.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 11:27:00 PM More reviews by vintagezombie

Crimson is a true bright glossy red. It is very pigmented and you don't need to layer it on to get color, but it can also be applied sheerly. I use a brush to apply it. The formula is not drying at all, but its not super moisterizing either so I wear chapstick under it. I will definitely re buy this when I run out.