August 22, 2014 | 1966 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Paint Pot in Cash Flow

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2012 12:49:00 PM More reviews by browneyessmiles

I love this product. It's the perfect golden color with a slight hint of golden olive. This looks so great with my olive/yellow toned NC20-25 (half asian). I hope they repromote this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by syeung2

LE, Feb 2008, Fafi Collection

Product - Missed the original release but finally got my grubby little hands on this one. MAC calls this "green gold with gold pearl" - the green is hard to see unless you do a side-by-side comparison with other golden shades. On my AAB/NC25 skin, this wears as antiqued gold with a metallic finish and the teeniest tinge of olive green. With a light-handed application (i.e., sheered out as an eyeshadow base instead of worn alone at full strength), Cash Flow almost looks like a pale yellowish-gold on me and the undertone leans neutral to cool. Fantastic staying power on my generally oily lids.

Comparisons - MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre is matte, and lighter, more beige in comparison. NARS Cyprus powder eyeshadow is lighter, warmer, and slightly more golden-tan in color. Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow/Liner in Birthday Suit is more neutral, less golden, more pinkish-sand in color.

Packaging - Round glass jar with domed black lid, like Fluidlines jars but wider.

Overall - Great alone or as an eyeshadow base. I typically wear Soft Ochre as an everyday neutral eyeshadow base, Rubenesque when I want a warmer base with shimmer, and now I have Cash Flow when I want a cooler golden base. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2010 4:28:00 AM More reviews by piratecaptain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz. Snoozefest. For those of you who have been lemming this LE paintpot....don't even worry about it, because you are not missing anything. I am a die hard MAC fan, and not generally interested in finding cheaper dupes of MAC products, but this paint pot is so underwhelming, that there is no reason for anyone to spend the $30+ on ebay that you will now have to pay to get this. it is a boring light gold. BORRRRRRING. I was hoping for a yellow gold, or a bronze gold, or a tarnished gold, or a greenish gold, a COLOR worthy of the MAC name. But this gold is like a generic, cheap light beige-gold, and if the color could talk it would say "meh".

Bottom line is that if you just want a light colored sparkly base, and you don't want to buy beige-ing shadestick, but would rather drop 30$ on a discontinued paint pot, well be my guest. But if you think you need this because it is special, unique, different, or even pretty...don't bother.

For those of you who want this color, but are frustrated at not being able to find Cash Flow, I am sure that Benefit, or Bobbie Brown, etc (or more "normal" and "traditional" cosmetic companies) will have this color. It is very middle of the road, and totally dupe-able.

PS- did a test today with pigments over Cash Flow PP and Beige-ing Shadestick and the pigments adhered wayyyyy better to the shadestick, and the colors were MUCH more vibrant.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2010 8:45:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I love this paint pot shade! This one actually does hold up throughout the day, which is great. For some reason my Painterly one creases on me. Anywhoo, I was afraid Cash Flow would be too frosty, but it actually looks very flattering and wearable. I wore it today with Coquette in the crease and didn't think it looked overdone at all, which made me happy. The actual color is a golden shimmery color- not bright gold or anything, but I wouldn't necessarily call it pale either- it's kind of a multidimensional gold with pewter undertones. The payoff and sheen is great! I love it!! So glad I got it, and so glad I can wear this to work without looking overdone, even though it is totally noticeable and can be used for nighttime too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2009 1:24:00 PM More reviews by jdmcgi2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this during the fafi collection launch in 2008 and wish i had bought a backup since its LE. I keep hopeing they will bring cash flow back one day because its such a unique color. Dirty gold is the only way i can think of to describe this color. On me it looks more gold/metallic than green but occasionally i can see a little of the green tint to it people talk about. i actually had a ma put this on my entire lid with the howzat fafi LE eyeshadow in the crease and outside of the eye and pink venus eyeshadow in the middle of my eyelid. grey/black and pink sounds like a wierd color combo for a gold/green metallic but it looked amazing. This was also my first paint pot and i have found it is one of the only products that actually keeps my eyeshadow on my eyelid. Therefore i will still plan on checking out other paint pots from mac. My eyelids are very oily and nothing ever stays put! Using this my eyeshadow was still in place the next morning after sleeping! i usually dont sleep with my makeup on but did one night and was really surprised. i can apply this product in the morning and it lasts all day. It does have a creamy type texture and i use a brush to apply the product evenly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2009 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Spurklie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was one of my very first purchases from MAC and it was definitely an impulse buy, but I'm so glad I did. I have a weakness for metallic khaki greens e/s, and this is the perfect base for them. Applies really smoothly and dries quickly, leaving a sheer, gleamy, mid tone green finish. Has lovely golden undertones, looks very glamorous. Works perfectly with Greensmoke and Sumptuous Olive. My only niggle is that over UDPP it goes slightly cakey, and as it dries so quickly it's difficult to blend out. Doesn't really affect the finished look, but I think this is just something that Paint Pots do as my Bare Study is also difficult to blend over UDPP.

Still worth getting if you can as it's so pretty. It was LE with the Fafi collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2009 11:50:00 AM More reviews by juicycouture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i didn't pick this up when it first came out with the fafi collection, as i wasn't too keen on the collection or paint pots overall. my tastes changed months later and i was able to find this after much time and effort [and it was absolutely worth it!] when i put this on for the 1st time i was floored. it was beyond gorgeous. it's a highly metallicized antiqued gold with green undertones. it goes on soooo smoothly and is extremely pigmented. the finish is just out of this world, seriously. i don't even want to use this as a base, it looks spectacular as it is. it's one those colors where the thought of running out of it can be extremely upsetting. the jar is huge, however and will last a very long time. especially if you have a bunch more eye shadows that you like equally as much. this product alone has revived my interests in paint pots and i will probably buy a lot more as time goes on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

Oh MAC .. Why do you torture us with these amazing products to make them Limited Edition!?!?! It's the cosmetic equivalent to chinese water torture! *sigh* ..

Cash Flow .. is a hunk of antique gold in a pot. This was limited edition that was torture to hunt down via swap, but I finally got my hands on this and yes .... it was everything I had hoped. My usual gold base was clinique touch tint .. but where Clinique is more of a yellow based gold, I wanted something a little less yellow and a smidge darker .. enter Cash Flow :) It's a dirty gold that has somewhat of an olive undertone. It has shimmer, but it's definitely not trashy in your face shimmer, just enough to keep it a little interesting and add some zest to your eyelids. It makes the perfect base for Henna eyeshadow, Gold Metal, Rose Gold pigments, etc. I highly doubt I'll ever finish this because you get so much product, but if I ever can hit bottom on this baby .. I'll definitely be hunting down another one!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 6:29:00 AM More reviews by pinksnowbunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

i LOVE this paint pot, i use this to line my bottem lashes and it really makes my green eyes pop. its a really pretty gold color from the fafi collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2009 10:21:00 PM More reviews by genica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Beautiful gold/green color. The name "cash flow" is very fitting! I like wearing this with darker green shades in the crease. The texture is creamy and smooth, not "grabby" at all. I would love to repurchase if MAC makes it again.