August 22, 2014 | 1932 users online

Skincare - Body - Mountain Rose Herbs Essential Oil, any kind

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 12:57:00 PM More reviews by rustybag

Mountain Rose Herbs products are of superior quality. The essential oil selection is vast, you can choose between 1/4 ounce- to upwards of 4 ounces, the prices are competitive, and these oils work. The dropper bottles are excellent and I have not had problems with clogging. Currently I am use rosemary eo & aloe on my scalp daily and it is really helping to reduce shedding. The cedarwood I put on cotton & use in place of mothballs. A drop of peppermint in the toilet freshens the bathroom. Any oil of your choosing works as a room freshener when putting a drop on a light bulb. I have been ordered from this company for years & I highly recommend them.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by urbandecaychick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I love shopping Mountain Rose Herbs! If anyone is a herbal head, they are in heaven. I have the sweet orange essential oil. It smells beautifully. I love that the website says where the oil comes from and gives information about it. I love the price, one ounce for about $3.00, which is very competitive. I've seen some orange oil prices up to $5 or more for a half ounce. It has a very strong scent, which means you're getting the real thing, nothing diluted. It's so cool how the orange essential oil is from the Dominican Republic, where I'm from. Mountain Rose Herbs makes organic inexpensive!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2008 1:36:00 PM More reviews by rossjen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have only ordered the rosemary essential oil from Mountain Rose Herbs so far, but it is excelllent quality at very reasonable prices (much better than the health food stores in my area in some cases). The selection of oils is fantastic. Overall, this is a wonderful company to deal with, and the products I've tried so far (teas, butters, skin oils) are all exceptional.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Lita06

This review is actually for the Mountain Rose Herbs website's product "French Green Clay"

I have also purchased the jojoba oil, rosehip seed oil, and other such items from the website, and can say that I am fairly happy with them all.

The French Clay, however, proved to be a different story for me. The clay comes as a green/grayish colored powder.

According to the site:
"Our French Green Clay has enormous absorbent powers due to the constitution of its micro molecules. It literally "drinks" oils, toxic substances, and impurities from your skin. Its toning action stimulates the skin by bringing fresh blood to damaged skin cells, revitalizing the complexion, and tightening pores. French Green Clay is marvelous for helping to clear problem skin. Use it daily on trouble spots, or weekly as part of a complete facial treatment. Mined from bedrock quarries in France, it is completely natural, unscented and fragrance free." (http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/clay/clay.html#cl_fg).

It all sounded good to me. Well, it's been a month since I've had this product now. I first used it on my arm. I mixed a bit of water with the powder and then applied it on my arm. The clay has a cooling and somewhat tingling sensation on the skin (which did not bother me at all). After a few tried (3 days) of applying the clay on my arm, and then determining that it had had no negative effects (or positive either), I decided to apply it on my face, since it posed no apparent danger.

My face clearly did not like the clay, because after I had washed the clay off (that is, after it had dried a bit), strange rash-like marks appeared all over my face! gr... Well, I promptly headed out and cut some aloe and applied it to my face - and soon enough my skin calmed down. So now I'm stuck with 1lb of French green clay that I will never use again. @_@ needless to say I was very disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 12:25:00 PM More reviews by MerelyGod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's so funny that I just placed an order with Mountain Rose Herbs and then I came on here and noticed this review.

I agree with everything the previous reviewer said. The quality is excellent and the prices are competitive. They also have an incredible selection of oils, and I really like the fact that you are generally given several options as far as the amount of the EO you are ordering. l have ordered from MRH many times over the past decade or so, and have always been pleased with my items.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 4:21:00 PM More reviews by renia22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are the best essential oils, therapeutic grade. Very pure, great quality. You can get as little as 1/4 ounce to upwards of 4. Decently priced for the quality. I have lavender, peppermint, rosemary, geranium, lemon, grapefruit, cedarwood. Tons to choose from. Mountain Rose Herbs also has bulk ingredients and carrier oils, herbs, etc. Mountain Rose Herbs is often referenced in yoga & health magazines & is know for the high quality products they produce, so it's are definitely worth a try.