Philosophy Inner Grace Perfumed Firming Body Emulsion

2.2

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Horrible! Like a few other reviewers, this product broke me out in terrible hives, and it made my skin feel scaly and itchy.

Even if my skin wasn't terribly sensitive to it, I would never, ever buy or use this product ever again. The smell is so awful -- it is VERY strong and reminds me of an old lady's perfume. The smell lasts so long and is so intense you can smell it everywhere if you use this lotion.

Hands down, the worst Philosophy product ever.

YUCK it broke me out !

on 7/11/2011 7:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I in general enjoy a lot of Philosophy's products. I was excited to get the Inner Grace duo which was a spritz and a body emulsion. The scent is horrific. It reminds me of the scented toilet paper of the 70's. It's a crappy grannie floral. Not quite powder yet not quite floral.
However I do like how the emulsion works. Very skin softening and softness increases with repeated use. I will not repurchase in this scent.
Save your money and buy a Pure Grace or Amazing Grace.

on 4/11/2011 8:25:00 AM

Wow....really? I'm surprised at all the negative reviews. Anyhoo - this is my current favorite scent ATM. I love how clean & fresh it smells and can't really put my finger on what exactly it smells like.

The lotion is very thick and creamy. A little goes a long way and makes your skin soft all day. I have the body wash & fragrance, so when you layer all three together the scent lasts throughout the day.

on 11/8/2010 8:56:00 PM

I overall love most anything Philosophy, but Inner Grace is the exemption. It is a manly overpowering scent. It tends to remind me of AXE or something along those lines. One good thing I can say is the scent lasts all day & then some, but when that scent makes you nausous, its not such a good thing. I cant say its a gross smell, its just not for me.

on 2/7/2010 10:10:00 PM

HOLY HIVES! Broke me out ALL over my body! My hives stayed for about 8 days too. Not fun and was painful. It smelled nice, clean, and pure. It also was moisturizing too. I'm not too sure what was in it that broke me out but it was not fun!

on 1/28/2010 9:31:00 PM

This lotion has become one of my favorites. The scent was not my favorite at first but it really grew on me. Now I love it!

on 11/14/2009 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I received this as a sample in a little jar from Sephora inside JC Penney.

PROS: LOVE the texture--thick and creamy! Nicely moisturizing without leaving a greasy feel.
CONS: Expensive. It smells terrible! Kind of metallic and like burnt plastic at the same time. EW.

I cannot wear this. Into the trash it goes!

on 4/11/2009 3:28:00 AM

The first time I purchased the Inner Grace perfumed firming body emulsion, I loved it. I layered it with the SJP Lovely I had at the time and it smelled incredible. However, the next bottle I ordered smelled off and horrible. I thought maybe it was because I'd gotten an old bottle - I'd ordered online rather than buying it in the store. When I returned it for another in-store bottle, I was shocked that it too smelled horrible. Chalking it up to maybe a entire bad batch, I waited months to try it again. No change, it still smelled horrible. I don't know if Philosophy just started using a different supplier or inferior ingredients, but I will never purchase this again until they go back to manufacturing it like they did with the first bottle I bought.

on 3/3/2009 12:43:00 AM

The ingredients look great for this product and its moisturizing ability is fine but the scent, while pleasant, is so strong that there is no option to wear actual fragrance after applying this. It's a floral, heavy/dirty vanilla that recalls the sillage on Chanel No. 19. I'd hate to have to wear 19 everyday, or alternatively, have to stock multiple body lotions