November 24, 2014 | 1653 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - BeneFit Cosmetics - You Rebel Lite Tinted Moisturizer SPF 15

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2014 4:05:00 AM More reviews by qhqy

The packaging of this product is cute but I had to make sure that I stood it up right if not product will just be seeping out. You get a lot of product for the price though, especially for benefit. It's slightly oily and it breaks my out a bit when I use it in the summer so I've only started using it in the winter. You can just powder over the shine if it's too greasy, it's not the best product out there but not the worst. Don't think I'd buy this again though, I'd like to try out their bob cream that just came out. I think it's called big easy? That one comes in different shades and seems like the coverage is far better

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by alicia148

I like this tinted moisturiser but I totally understand why others don't. It's yellow- based which is great for my skin colour. It's not that pigmented so it's very natural coverage. It's oily, which means it doesn't cake, goes on easily and blends well and is great for dry skin. And it gives you a nice sheen. But if you have rosy skin, oily skin, like a matte look and want a bit more coverage, this isn't for you.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by lobenchis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very dry sensitive skin that's acne prone and so I've always used tinted moisturisers because I find foundation quite heavy and cakey and it causes my skin to dry terribly.

So I've tried quite a few tinted moisturisers including this one. I decided to buy You Rebel Lite because I read some good reviews and was desperately trying to find a product that's fair enough for my skin and that doesn't dry it out.

Pros: Doesn't cause breakouts and is hydrating, decent coverage for a TM
Cons: Not fair enough, very yellow and becomes brassy, not a great texture and smudges on your skin, doesn't look very nice on, it's almost like it ages me even though I'm only 24! The product is scented and, having quite sensitive skin, I worry that after prolonged use it would damage my skin.

The worst thing about it is that it oxidizes almost immediately after you apply it on your skin. it's extremely yellow and certainly not fair enough. If you have fair skin, this is the kind of product that, once applied, it will make your face look darker than your neck. And it won't make you look like you have a tan, it will likely make you look like you have jaundice.

However, if your skin tone is slightly more yellow, then it might be worth trying. Also, as previously mentioned, I have extremely dry skin and, if I did not wear makeup during the day, I would normally have to apply moisturizer every 4 hours. And I'm happy to say that this product is definitely hydrating enough and does not dry out my skin. It doesn't cause breakouts either but I will say that it is slightly oily and would not recommend it to someone with oily / acne-prone skin.

In conclusion, I would definitely not buy it again or recommend it to anyone. It's definitely not worth £20 and I wouldn't buy it even if it was free.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2013 5:11:00 PM More reviews by hellothisislucy

Really greasy and leaves my skin looking oily, packaging really annoying, expensive for the quality, defiantly not repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/31/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by Yoloyoloyolo

I've been using bb creams pretty much my entire life because I find foundations to cakey and I just simply don't like foundation
Yesterday I decided to try a tinted moisturizer so I went to my local sephora and picked up this tinted moisturizer by benefit.

Biggest
Mistake
Ever

Although this tinted moisturizer is very pleasing to my skin and makes me feel calm (as a tinted moisturizer should) , it literally looked like I had just rubbed oil on my face.
I don't even HAVE oily skin!! I have normal - combination skin with occasional breakouts on my tzone when I'm on my period etc..
But the AMOUNT OF OIL IN THIS PRODUCT IS CRAZY like I really love benefit cosmetics, but why the hell would you make a product so oily?
I was told by some people that this product gives you a nice glow, and I was like 'okay great!' Because my skin is a fairly dull done and any 'glow' is better,
But this was not GLOW this was OIL

also, they only have two shades, which is okay for the fact that this is a tinted moisturizer (not a bb cream or foundation, so the coverage is supposed to be really light and the color should match right?) nope. I looked like a pumpkin. In the lighter of the two shades, not even that could match my tone. (It's not like I'm porcelain or really vampire white either, p I went on vacation two weeks ago and I'm still fairly sunkissed)

Honestly benefit , get your stuff together
Hate is product, way my money back.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 1:10:00 PM More reviews by Bethpag11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually use this in the winter months as it is quite greasy. It's a tinted moisturiser so you expect it to be light coverage and it is. It has a bit of a scent to it but nothing offensive.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2013 4:50:00 PM More reviews by Dolly444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had never tried a tinted moisturiser before as I generally prefer a foundation, tinted moisturiser to me sounds like a shiny, dewy approach so I never bothered. It was during a make up tutorial that I tried this You Rebel product just for a change to see how it fared in comparison with my usual Hello Flawless.

To be really honest, I quite liked this product at first. It was a lovely shade and blended onto my skin really effortlessly and seemed a good match (despite there being only one 'lite' shade). My face looked quite dewy right from the word go though and that was where I started to doubt it. After running round for my train in a morning and trudging through the city to Uni, I realised this product had no real power on my face at all. I started to look more shiny and became increasingly self conscious.

This product strikes me as ideal for someone after a barely there look (don't get me wrong, I'm really for the natural look) but this was too shiny for me and I just wasn't keen on the effect it was having on my skin. It felt lovely and it did prove to be a good match even though I wasn't keen but I would probably recommend it to friends who are after a more subtle look :)

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Klovi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm glad i didn't purchase this product. I went to benefit's store in search for tinted moisturizer that can hold up to my oily skin and the hot weather in tropical country. The SA told me this was suitable for every skin type (total liesss) she squeezed a bit amount of it on the back of my hand and spread it well oh my God it felt so greasy, the SA told me the oily feel will go away in minutes and maybe i would look around while waiting for it to settle on my skin. Most product even the bad ones would look and feel pretty good on the back of the hands bur not with this. After several hours i still feel the greasiness i can't imagine how it would be if it applied on my oily skin. Eww.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by iadorechanel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I noticed there were a lot of negative reviews on this product, so I thought I would give my experience with it to balance it out a little :)
Type of product: It's a tinted moisturiser, essentially meaning not much coverage and probably some dewiness/ grease depending on how oily your skin is. I wasn't expecting much coverage at all, only a thin even layer to correct my skin tone, however I think it's got a pretty decent coverage, and for a tinted moisturiser I would say a medium coverage. (Less than Laura Mercier but more than Becca).

Packaging: Personally, I love face products in squeezy tubes anyway because they're so easy to travel with. But also, I love the fact that this is in a foil type packaging as it keeps the product cool and fresh, so it won't melt so easy in the sun if you're on holiday or at a festival. Unless you have a strong aversion to foil, this shouldn't be a problem! :)

The colour: It scared me when I first put this on the back of my hand, it looked SO yellow! I though 'No way will this match my skin!!!!' but it definitely adapts! It does not go on yellow/ orange / pink for me at least, only providing a slight colour correction for my red cheeks and pale forehead. If you're about NC15/20 this would probably be a perfect match. I have a theory that the colour can change slightly depending on what primer you use - I used the Benefit PoreFessional primer (only because the MUA used it on me in Boots) and it definitely counteracted any orangeness that may have appeared!

Finish: Dewy!!! dew dew dew dew dew! If you want matte use a primer or don't moisturise for a week because this oozes dew and glow! If you have exceptionally dry skin like me you probably won't need to powder, but for me at least this product and finish doesn't promote any excess oil production in my T-zone like some foundations have.

Price: As a personal rule, I don't tend to buy face products like foundations from very cheap brands as all the ones I have tried caused my skin to react in a rash, so I'm quite used to spending that little bit extra on my face products at least. I think this was £20, which I thought was a little steep but I'd happily pay it again for the great results!

BASICALLY;
- It's dewy!... but not greasy like many reviews have said.
- I couldn't see any orange tinge to my face after application. NB, a primer may help!!
- Don't be afraid of what the colour looks like straight from the tube!
- Not much coverage but that's what I was after :)
- Price might be high for some but definitely not to a great extent.

YES will definitely be repurchasing again and again - probably my HG tinted moisturiser!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by katielotus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not only did it look orange despite being marketed towards fair skin, but it BURNED. Even when I took it off my face was bright red and inflamed.