August 1, 2014 | 1225 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Expert Wear Eye Shadow Single: Linen

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by maybellinehoarder

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

A fabulous winter color, and I use it when blending or in the inner corner of my eyes. In my opinion, it is the best cream color and it provides the perfect amount of shimmer. It wears off much quicker in heat, and looks best when primer is used. I have a pale friend who uses it, and it looks absolutely stunning. But, it works for beige to medium skin as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by TheGingerSnap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shadow is a must have! It provides a great base to add and blend other eye shadows. I use eyeshadow primer, then sweep this light color all over my eye lid up to my brows. I then add my other desired shadow colors.
It is a very natural looking color and really helps to brighten the eye area. It isn't especially glittery like some shadows, so you can easily pull off a natural eye look.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by LluviaCatMagic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Alright so I bought this at my local drugstore for about $4 so this stuff is super cheap. It didn't crease but it faded away after like three hours so that bums me out. I live in Arizona so the weather is pretty toasty, I could probably get better use out of this come winter, when the color won't fade due to the heat.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 5:31:00 PM More reviews by thowell124

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Linen has been a staple in my eyeshadow collection for years. Mostly, I've used it as a lid color, and to highlight around the inner corners for the "more awake" look. It is the perfect light cream color in my opinion, however, it does not last on my lids for very long, half a day max. I've never used it with a lid primer, so results may differ. The packaging is as cheap as it gets, and I've broken several of these through the years, but the last few drops have only broken off the top half layer, so I still have plenty of product left. Even so...they're so cheap, I can always buy another when one breaks. I would recommend this if you're looking for a basic neutral shadow and highlighter, and don't want to break the bank!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is just and average vanilla colored eyeshadow that can be used to highlight under your brows or as a base. It looks matte but it actually has a bit of shimmer but it's not to noticeable. I like it but I don't love it and I would repurchase only if wet n wild discontinues my beloved brulee

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by Daatch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this product from a recommendation from a u tube guru makeupbyalli. She was so right. It's perfect for highlighting. Lovr this shadow.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by alexanna7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Linen is a satin light ivory eye shadow.It goes really well on the application,it stays on all day! I use this one to finish a neutral look under my eye brows! It looks good also with a nude-peach.! It goes well with:neutral colors! Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

To second the reviewer a couple reviews down, I have to agree that this is a nicer product that Covergirl's French Vanilla, which I was previously using. I was satisfied enough with French Vanilla as it was the only shadow I had purchased in this type of shade and it worked well enough, but I picked up Maybelline Linen (almost identical shades) instead the last time I was at the store because they haven't had French Vanilla in stock for some time and Maybelline's shadows were on sale. I am sooo glad I tried this and will now switch over to using it regularly. It's smoother/creamier in texture and application than Covergirl French Vanilla, the shimmer is more subtle and it wears longer. I also find there's less fallout onto my black eyeliner. I really like it and would recommend for a drugstore eyeshadow in this shade!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Banjos

I am glad I read in MUA that this shade does not impart pink tones to the skin. It is a very natural brow-ridge highlighter, effective and with minimal sparkle; I would prefer none but it is difficult to find many matt shadows these days. The staying power is average when applied over liquid foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I compared this to a similar shade from Cover Girl (French Vanilla) using my own split face experiment and this one is a winner!

First off, don`t be put off by the slightly pinkish undertone to this cream coloured shadow. It won`t make your eyes look red. I have red rims, sensitive eyes and a lot of red in my skin and this just tones it down.

This is not a shimmer highlighter, it is a satiny matte. By that I mean it behaves like a matte, not drawing attention to wrinkley crepey eyelid skin, but it isn`t chalky like a matte often is, it has life.

It covers fairly well. The other one skips on the skin, but this doesn`t. It is sheer, but the cream is obvious, so this is ideal for the tear duct area or brow bone or anywhere else you need to highlight without applying all out shimmer.

It blends well with other shadows. I am now using it as my `matte`highlighter shade in eyeshadow with Clinique`s Champagne shimmer for anywhere I need a little restrained shimmer in a highlight.

It looks fantastic paired with Earthly Taupe, which is sold right next to it. I bought them both, and I`m impressed with these two.

I have sensitive skin, very reactive and this doesn`t bother me a bit. It feels buttery smooth and comfortable. It is a bit dry in feel as is the Cover Girl. It doesn`t crease or fade as the day goes on.

The price is terrific, and the quality is superb.