Maybelline Expert Wear Eye Shadow Single: Linen

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Was looking for a bone matte shade to cancel out the redness/pigmentation of my eyelid as a base color. This is not it. It's (almost) white and very sheer, so there's virually no coverage. It is also NOT matte. It looks matte in the package, but it has shimmer-not a lot, but noticeable.
I'll find a use for it somewhere I'm sure of it, but if your looking for a neutral base color, don't bother with this one. I give it 3 stars for being just ok.

on 11/30/2014 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I am a fair to medium toned person and this eyeshadow was too light for me. However it is aptly named as the color is a light linen or bone in color. I thought the color was going to be more of a neutral bisque color.

In terms of texture and blendability, the eyeshadow applied and blended just fine. I just wanted other to know that if they are looking for a neutral eyeshadow that this color probably isn't it if you are a bit medium toned.

on 10/27/2014 2:49:00 AM

A nice, basic matte bone shadow for opening and brightening the eye area. I am in my 40s, with deep-set eyes that look even more so with dark eyeshadow. Linen is the only eyeshadow shade I use, all over the lid and browbone. It last reasonably well, about 8 hours, and is certainly easy to touch up during the day. (It definitely lasts longer and looks more noticeable when I prep my lids with concealer.)

The packaging is El Cheapo, but Bobbi Brown charges a ridiculous amount for her "Bone" shadow in its luxe little pot. I can handle cheap packaging if the shadow works well!

Love the eyeshadow. It works well on my oily eyelids. Wish the brush lasted longer.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Great to have on hand to highlight brow bones, inner tear ducts, cupids bow, and cheekbones! Super cheap and easy to come by. I just use my fingers to apply.

on 8/5/2014 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I brush his off-white matte shade on upper and lower lids, and then use Maybelline Earthly Taupe on the areas I want to darken and recede (upper brow and corners of the eyes). The lightness of the shade opens up and brightens my eye area. I also use a blue or white eye pencil for further brightening.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I got a white and sliver, i like them a lot. the colors show up great for me. great price, great packaging. i love it. if only i could find a navy blue...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

A fabulous winter color, and I use it when blending or in the inner corner of my eyes. In my opinion, it is the best cream color and it provides the perfect amount of shimmer. It wears off much quicker in heat, and looks best when primer is used. I have a pale friend who uses it, and it looks absolutely stunning. But, it works for beige to medium skin as well.

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This shadow is a must have! It provides a great base to add and blend other eye shadows. I use eyeshadow primer, then sweep this light color all over my eye lid up to my brows. I then add my other desired shadow colors.
It is a very natural looking color and really helps to brighten the eye area. It isn't especially glittery like some shadows, so you can easily pull off a natural eye look.

Alright so I bought this at my local drugstore for about $4 so this stuff is super cheap. It didn't crease but it faded away after like three hours so that bums me out. I live in Arizona so the weather is pretty toasty, I could probably get better use out of this come winter, when the color won't fade due to the heat.